Author Topic: The US and the Greenback...doomed, doomed, doomed...  (Read 1165 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
The US and the Greenback...doomed, doomed, doomed...
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:09:29 PM »
http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/jun/11dollar.htm

For some time now economists have been engaged in the mother of all debates: whether the US dollar would collapse by as much as 40% when compared to other currencies (some are even betting on the US dollar going belly-up) or whether there would be an orderly devaluation -- that is, a gradual revaluation of other currencies vis-�-vis the US dollar.

Well, I am starting to freak out. With the prospects of war against Iran looming large and consequently the prospects of US bankruptcy I am really worried about the American economy and the greenback. I'm thinking about getting every bit of cash I have over there out of there...just don't know where yet.... :o maybe Switzerland.
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: The US and the Greenback...doomed, doomed, doomed...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »
We might even see what occurs in many other countries, whereby they are not allowed to spend or take out more than a certain amount of cash out of the country.

If and when it occurs, I'm sure it will be under the banner of "The War on Terror"

ie: If you take out more than $1,000 out of the country, you are funding terrorism... yada yada blah blah blah
w

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 08:00:33 PM »
I'd heavily consider investing into commodities, specifically, precious metals.  Silver, gold, and palladium are rising, especially Gold which is through the roof, and even scrap like copper and bronze.  Perhaps the devaluation of the Dollar is intended in order to make way for the Amero.  Former Mexican Prez Vicente Fox even boldingly stated such an idea was/is on the table.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58052

Here is the CNN footage

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gYGrn0hZlCQ

And hey, check it out! Looks like you can already get your hands on this stuff!!  Notice the lack of any mention of God on this currency, it this indeed is what it is intended to look like.  ;)

http://www.amerocurrency.com/support.html

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
We might even see what occurs in many other countries, whereby they are not allowed to spend or take out more than a certain amount of cash out of the country.

If and when it occurs, I'm sure it will be under the banner of "The War on Terror"

ie: If you take out more than $1,000 out of the country, you are funding terrorism... yada yada blah blah blah

I haven't lived in the USA for some ten years but I still have some financial basis in the states...but...

Euro to U.S. Dollar Exchange Rate:

The damaged dollar is bad news for everyone because it is the reserve currency of the world but few like to talk about the economics of it; they like talking politics...wrong move...

I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:40:20 PM »
Hey 240,

What do you think of the accuracy of those predictions I made to you in PM sometime ago?
Was that sound advice in your estimation?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 08:51:57 PM »
i don't remember the PM.  I get about 30 a day here on getbig lol...

as far as the amero... I dunno how I feel.  I have an MBA and was one of the brighter kids in class.  I love economics and politics, and I"m still confused as hell about the global economy and whether the amero would suck, or if it would solidify the can/us/mex currencies (synergy and the combined buying power/reliability/backing). 

here's the deal.

Like many, I used to kick and complain about politics and some new things.  But, the more I study, the more I realize there are upsides to things.  And many of the things are inevitable.  There is nothing that anyone can do to stop it, really.  we can talk about 'oh, we'll tell 3 friends, who will tell their friends, and in the next election, we'll stop this..."

But in real life, somethings are foregone conclusions.  we're gonna bomb iran and manage their oil.  we're gonna finish the highway from mex to canada and open up the amero for trading and solidifying eastern finances against the strong euro.    we're going to keep up US aggression cause it's the only way to stay on top when we don't have sustainable compettive advantages anymore.

bottom line is that for 200 years, some really really smart people have been running shit here, right?  They've managed to take us from a rebellious colony to the only superpower in the world.  They know something the rest of us dont.  And we can watch the news and make predictions and argue about it, but it's really pointless.  The brains in charge will continue to run the place, and thanks to our beneficial relationships everywhere in the world and new mgmt position over the oil, we'll weather this recession, the dollar will bounce back, and we'll keep doing what we've been doing for the last 250 years:  running around like chickens talking about how the sky is falling.  And the sky won't fall.  Too many smart groups of people who made us #1 are still in charge, and they'll keep us there.   If I'm wrong, okay.  But they do have 250 years of ass kicking behind them. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 11:40:17 PM »

It was a response to a PM you sent me asking my advice on a few things.

I'll find it and re-PM you.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 12:20:05 AM »

Ok 240, I found it.

It was a PM using the subject heading "Recession" sent Nov 15, 2006 in the wee hours of the morning.
In it, I quoted your original message back to you. What do you think of my predictions therein?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 06:05:46 AM »
Ok 240, I found it.

It was a PM using the subject heading "Recession" sent Nov 15, 2006 in the wee hours of the morning.
In it, I quoted your original message back to you. What do you think of my predictions therein?

jag, i have nothing but love for ya.  but i have maybe 15 min a day to check getbig lately.  i have thousands of PMs.  in Nov 2006 I was a starry eyed do-gooder.  Today, I'm just another guy trying to make a living.  I don't have time to spend worrying about future recessions or all that.  I'll make as much $ as I can, put it in wise places, and hope for the best.  Seriously. I used to be a doomsdayer and it's really not the most productive way to be, IMO.  Time spent making predictions and looking back at 11 month old guesses could be spent elsewhere IMO.  I'm not dissing you, i have nothing but respect for you and you're right about 99% of the political things you say.  I just can't think about things like this anymore.  politics and stressing it, just not for me anymore.