Author Topic: Parents get off light after kidnapping daughter/force her to have an abortion  (Read 1791 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
This story is insane, everyone involved seems to be a bit off.

I'd love to know who's paying for the child since the father's a criminal and is getting deported back to South Africa.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/10/11/plea_seen_in_case_against_parents/

Plea seen in case against parents
Were accused of kidnapping pregnant daughter

By David Sharp, Associated Press  |  October 11, 2007

PORTLAND, Maine - A husband and wife accused of kidnapping their daughter in hope of persuading her to have an abortion have reached a plea agreement under which they will serve no jail time, their lawyers said yesterday.

Nicholas and Lola Kampf have agreed to plead guilty tomorrow to misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct charges, said Thomas Hallett and Dan Lilley, lawyers for Nicholas and Lola Kampf.

Under the agreement, the assault case will be erased once they complete counseling, the lawyers said.

"The reality is this was a family matter from the get-go," Hallett said. "We tried to resolve this in the best way possible. It was in the best interest of everyone not to blow this up into a big trial."

The Kampfs' daughter, Katelyn, said she will be in court to voice her opposition to the decision to drop kidnapping charges.

"What I've been looking for is some sort of justice," she said. "Them walking away with a misdemeanor is certainly not that."

The Kampfs were accused of tying up their daughter, forcing her into their car, and heading toward New York for an abortion. They were arrested at a shopping center in Salem, N.H., after Katelyn fled and called police on a cellphone.

Katelyn Kampf described a harrowing experience that ensued on Sept. 15, 2006, after her parents learned the 19-year-old was pregnant with a mixed-race baby. Kampf is white. Reme Johnson, her boyfriend, is black.

"At one point I did make it out the door, and I ran down the driveway," she said. "I didn't make it a hundred feet. My dad chased me and tackled me in the driveway. . . . I was screaming for help."

She said her parents tied her up, and her mother spit in her face before putting her in the car. After she escaped in New Hampshire, police found a .22-caliber rifle, duct tape, and rope in the parents' car.

Hallett denied that the Kampfs are racist but said the parents were troubled by the pregnancy.

"These were two parents who were absolutely torn apart by what was happening to their daughter, just torn apart," Hallett said. "It was like a nuclear explosion going off in any family that has to face a similar situation."

In addition to getting counseling, the Kampfs have agreed to pay for counseling for their daughter.

Katelyn Kampf said yesterday that it was hard to imagine reconciliation. But she said there are times when she misses her parents and that their absence represents a "huge loss in my life."

Katelyn Kampf's son, D'Andre Johnson, was born in January. But Kampf remains worried about the father. Reme Johnson is scheduled to be deported to his native South Africa, because of felony convictions for crimes including receiving stolen property.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

hahaha . . . that story was great.  it has a d'andre, interracial sex, people named "kampf," South Africa, and tackling chicks in the driveway. 

Decker

• Getbig V
It's just so hard to use good parenting skills these days.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
hahaha . . . that story was great.  it has a d'andre, interracial sex, people named "kampf," South Africa, and tackling chicks in the driveway. 

I loved the Kampf name too, it has such a Nazi ring to it. They must have been absolutely thrilled when their little sweetie was knocked up by a black dude from South Africa getting deported for being a criminal.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

here're pics of the kampfs . . . the dad looks like tom wilkinson.  the girl looks pretty normal.

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_259154909.html

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

hmmm . . . judging by the pic in your link, she cleans up well.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
I agree, she does look better in this pic.

I would love to know what the ultimate plan of the parents was. How the hell did they plan on forcing someone to have an abortion against her will?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

I'd love to know who's paying for the child since the father's a criminal and is getting deported back to South Africa.

I suppose Katelyn will be paying for her kid, ...mothers have been known to do that in the past,
...as well as perhaps it's father. Just because he's deported doesn't mean he can't work in S.A. and send money to the USA

The parents got off easy. They should have been charge with conspiracy to commit murder, depraved criminal indifference, attempted rape or something... ANYTHING! What they tried is majorly fucked up on so many levels!
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
I suppose Katelyn will be paying for her kid, ...mothers have been known to do that in the past,
...as well as perhaps it's father. Just because he's deported doesn't mean he can't work in S.A. and send money to the USA

The parents got off easy. They should have been charge with conspiracy to commit murder, depraved criminal indifference, attempted rape or something... ANYTHING! What they tried is majorly fucked up on so many levels!

I agree they got off easy and that more serious charges should have been levied against them.

I don't agree that the father will support the child though, I'd give that a less than 1% chance of happening. The girl says she's working now but she's got no skills and no education and no family to watch the child. I'd say she'll either be on some form of welfare or her parents will support her within 3 months.

24KT

• Getbig V
I agree they got off easy and that more serious charges should have been levied against them.

I don't agree that the father will support the child though, I'd give that a less than 1% chance of happening. The girl says she's working now but she's got no skills and no education and no family to watch the child. I'd say she'll either be on some form of welfare or her parents will support her within 3 months.

As for the father supporting his child, ...he may, or he may not, ...we have no way of knowing.

Just because he's a convicted felon doesn't mean he'll abandon all his responsibilities towards his child.
I've seen some "upstanding citizens" (Johnny Carson) turn their backs on offspring, letting them to live on welfare,
while others most would deem the scum of the earth, step up to the plate and go above & beyond for their kids.
You never really know. I hold out even less hope of the grandparents supporting the child than it's father.
w

24KT

• Getbig V

I'd love to know who's paying for the child

Well effin, looks like we finally got the answer to your question, ...and I was right. She is, ...or at least she was,
...til she got arrested.  :-X

Woman Who Accused Parents of Kidnapping Says
They Got Off Too Easy

Katelyn Kampf, Who Said Parents Tried to Force Abortion, Arrested on Prostitution Charges

Dec. 13, 2007 —
Katelyn Kampf, the young woman who accused her parents of kidnapping her so they could force her into an abortion, is facing prostitution charges in Portland, Maine.

Kampf was issued a summons for prostitution by Portland police in October. She was arrested a few weeks ago on some outstanding warrants that apparently are unrelated to prostitution. story continues here...
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

If they were Black, chances are one or both of the grandparents would be in jail right now.

I don't know what sort of criminal the father is, but it's not like the girl was raped and decided to keep the baby. 

24KT

• Getbig V
If they were Black, chances are one or both of the grandparents would be in jail right now.

I don't know what sort of criminal the father is, but it's not like the girl was raped and decided to keep the baby. 

As far as the parents were concerned he was the "Black" kind!
w