Author Topic: What would happen if...  (Read 1223 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
What would happen if...
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:48:13 PM »
...the reports are correct that the US military will stage an all-out mutiny if ordered to attack Iran?  :o

Will we see martial law imposed within the US itself?  Will bush board AF1 and hightail it to South America?

Will we see a global economic meltdown ushering in the cashless society? Was that the plan to begin with?

Discuss

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: What would happen if...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »
huh?  where did this come from, what reports ???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »
...the reports are correct that the US military will stage an all-out mutiny if ordered to attack Iran?  :o

Will we see martial law imposed within the US itself?  Will bush board AF1 and hightail it to South America?

Will we see a global economic meltdown ushering in the cashless society? Was that the plan to begin with?

Discuss

No, you are confusing something. Major military commanders said that if they were ordered to invade Iran they would be forced to mutiny against the Bush regime. This could lead to a military coup...or maybe not...the Republic was dying for a while and now it is dead but it could be resurrected, alas it does not seem likely...
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:42:50 AM »

As reported by the National Enquirer . . . .

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 12:43:37 AM »
As reported by the National Enquirer . . . .

No, watch one of the many Chalmers Johnson videos I posted...
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 12:49:14 AM »
No, watch one of the many Chalmers Johnson videos I posted...

I would, but Jag has endorsed it, which is the kiss of death.   :-\

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »
Um not sure..haven't heard about that. None of the guys I know are planning anything...but if we are I'll post and let u know. I owe Berserker that much.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
Um not sure..haven't heard about that. None of the guys I know are planning anything...but if we are I'll post and let u know. I owe Berserker that much.
Why, if this were true, they're not coming after me, they're coming after Bush.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 12:40:43 PM »

Well you know it will break on this board first.  We have countless getbig exclusives, including this one. 

So headhunter is there like an underground association of service members who are planning this coup?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 01:01:55 PM »
Well you know it will break on this board first.  We have countless getbig exclusives, including this one. 

So headhunter is there like an underground association of service members who are planning this coup?

actually it's not an exclusive, I just read it on a major media site, although it no where near depicts a coop by the military.  More along the lines of the military just saying no which they showed has already happened a few times to Bush.  They apparently nixed the nuclear strike plans by Bush.  Remember when they were building up to the nuclear bunker buster to hit Iran's suspected nuclear sites?...  I guess they also said no to a planned attack to take out Iran's leadership noting Iran had the capability to hit America directly as I've pointed out several times and that they would retaliate strong in Iraq which I have also pointed out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »
actually it's not an exclusive, I just read it on a major media site, although it no where near depicts a coop by the military.  More along the lines of the military just saying no which they showed has already happened a few times to Bush.  They apparently nixed the nuclear strike plans by Bush.  Remember when they were building up to the nuclear bunker buster to hit Iran's suspected nuclear sites?...  I guess they also said no to a planned attack to take out Iran's leadership noting Iran had the capability to hit America directly as I've pointed out several times and that they would retaliate strong in Iraq which I have also pointed out.

Who is they?  The Joint Chiefs?  They don't call the shots.  They make recommendations.  The Commander in Chief can either agree or disagree.  Apparently, Bush agrees with Petraeus:

Petraeus rules out military option against Iran 

LONDON: The top US commander in Iraq General David Petraeus said last night he had no doubt that Iran was giving "lethal" support to Iraqi militias but that he had not sought to stop it by launching military operations inside Iran.

He told he hoped Iran would eventually play a constructive role across the border.

Petraeus said there was clear evidence that Iran was training militias and giving them weapons, including rockets and improvised explosive devices that have killed many allied troops.

He added that US-led coalition forces were focused inside Iraq on blocking the alleged flow of weapons and militiamen heading from training camps in Iran.

Meanwhile, the top US military commander for the Middle East is steering the topic away from Iraq and pressing Arab allies to form a more united front against Iran.

Admiral William Fallon is delivering personal appeals to Arab leaders to counter Iran's ambitions to expand its regional influence and move ahead with its nuclear programme. Adm Fallon is on a 10-day tour of the Gulf that began on Saturday in Bahrain. He has carefully avoided publicly making any direct threats against Iran.

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=194365&Sn=WORL&IssueID=30183 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »

They may have said no to a nuclear strike, ...but wouldn't you know, ...a nuke got sent over there ...accidently.  ::)
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »
Who is they?  The Joint Chiefs?  They don't call the shots.  They make recommendations.  The Commander in Chief can either agree or disagree. 
No shit, I think everyone here knows that, but you won't deny that they have other means of applying their case if needed--not even talking coup.

Anyway, this is no where near rumors of a coup.  Here's the dirt:

A Pentagon consultant told Hersh more than a year ago, "There is a war about the war going on inside the building." Hersh also reported that Gen. Peter Pace had forced Bush and Cheney to remove the "nuclear option" from the plans for possible conflict with Iran -- in the Pentagon it was known as the April Revolution.

In December, according to Time correspondent Joe Klein, President Bush met with the Joint Chiefs of Staff in a secure room known as The Tank. The President was told that "the U.S. could launch a devastating air attack on Iran's government and military, wiping out the Iranian air force, the command and control structure and some of the more obvious nuclear facilities." But the Joint Chiefs were "unanimously opposed to taking that course of action," both because it might not eliminate Iran's nuclear capacity and because Iran could respond devastatingly in Iraq -- and in the United States.

In an article published by Inter Press Service, historian and national security policy analyst Gareth Porter reported that Adm. William Fallon, Bush's then-nominee to head the Central Command (Centcom), sent the Defense Department a strongly worded message earlier this year opposing the plan to send a third carrier strike group into the Persian Gulf. In another Inter Press analysis, Porter quotes someone who met with Fallon saying an attack on Iran "will not happen on my watch." He added, "You know what choices I have. I'm a professional.... There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/10/opinion/main3352206.shtml

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 01:44:58 PM »
No shit, I think everyone here knows that, but you won't deny that they have other means of applying their case if needed--not even talking coup.

Anyway, this is no where near rumors of a coup.  Here's the dirt:

A Pentagon consultant told Hersh more than a year ago, "There is a war about the war going on inside the building." Hersh also reported that Gen. Peter Pace had forced Bush and Cheney to remove the "nuclear option" from the plans for possible conflict with Iran -- in the Pentagon it was known as the April Revolution.

In December, according to Time correspondent Joe Klein, President Bush met with the Joint Chiefs of Staff in a secure room known as The Tank. The President was told that "the U.S. could launch a devastating air attack on Iran's government and military, wiping out the Iranian air force, the command and control structure and some of the more obvious nuclear facilities." But the Joint Chiefs were "unanimously opposed to taking that course of action," both because it might not eliminate Iran's nuclear capacity and because Iran could respond devastatingly in Iraq -- and in the United States.

In an article published by Inter Press Service, historian and national security policy analyst Gareth Porter reported that Adm. William Fallon, Bush's then-nominee to head the Central Command (Centcom), sent the Defense Department a strongly worded message earlier this year opposing the plan to send a third carrier strike group into the Persian Gulf. In another Inter Press analysis, Porter quotes someone who met with Fallon saying an attack on Iran "will not happen on my watch." He added, "You know what choices I have. I'm a professional.... There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/10/opinion/main3352206.shtml

Everyone here does not know that.  You do of course, but then there those (okay . . . one) who believe things like the president of the United States has bribed the media.  I won't mention any names so he or she won't be embarrassed, but his or her name rhymes with Hag.   :)

I think the Joint Chiefs can always make their case and they probably almost always "win."  I can't see the prez disagreeing with strong unanimous opinion from the Joint Chiefs. 

Interesting battle . . . 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
Everyone here does not know that.  You do of course, but then there those (okay . . . one) who believe things like the president of the United States has bribed the media.  I won't mention any names so he or she won't be embarrassed, but his or her name rhymes with Hag.   :)

No embarassment on my end. I've said it before, as have many publications.
Why else would they tell him he's got to stop doing it? The proof has already been posted on the board.
Do a search for it. Old news. {yawn}

I think the Joint Chiefs can always make their case and they probably almost always "win."  I can't see the prez disagreeing with strong unanimous opinion from the Joint Chiefs. 

Interesting battle . . . 

He's been doing it his entire administration.  ::)
w