Author Topic: This Should Be Open For Serious Discussion  (Read 8514 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: This Should Be Open For Serious Discussion
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 01:10:08 PM »
They should know what a well conditioned balanced physique looks like!
ok, now the tough part....corruption, endorsements etc

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »
ok, now the tough part....corruption, endorsements etc

Thats where the feds comes in!

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 01:13:28 PM »
His type of physique is old school.  Are you saying that is what people want to see?

Yes....how many people complained about his placing in his last show?

AVBG

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »
The judges innocently believe that they "know who the fans want" to see as the champ.... And as a result we're seeing placings that we don't necassarily agree with 'ala Wolf winning the bb.com fans choice but not being in contention for the O.

I would wager a bet that they the judges think that they are trying to move bb forward, yet what the fan and joe public want to see is it not get too extreme (as it has since Dorian and Ronnie's reigns).

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »
the judges are too associated with sponsors and endorsers for this sport to become serious.  this has always been the Weider issue

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »
the judges are too associated with sponsors and endorsers for this sport to become serious.  this has always been the Weider issue

I agree.....thats why I think there should be an investigation!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »
I agree.....thats why I think there should be an investigation!
it's not in the IFBB interests to go legitimate, that would mean strict standards and consistant applicability.  not shawning favoritism and backroom deals. ;)

The Coach

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 01:26:46 PM »
it's not in the IFBB interests to go legitimate, that would mean strict standards and consistant applicability.  not shawning favoritism and backroom deals. ;)

Haha, agreed again, force them to be legit. BTW, I have this feeling no matter how good of size and conditioning I will have coming into this show and I look like I deserve to win.......I won't :-\ Being outspoken isn't a plus in BBing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »
The criteria is clear on judging standards (you forgot SYMMETRY) yet they are not followed. If you were to take an old school ripped physique with decent size and symmetry and put him against the bigger less conditioned BBers with less or very little symmetry, who do think the judges would give too?

No I didn't forget symmetry and all rounds are physique rounds meaning symmetry is NOT judged as a separate and distinct element which is why guys like Yates could beat guys like Shawn Ray in the symmetry round , they look at all the criteria in all the rounds , the same goes with the other rounds

If you were to take an old school ripped physique with decent size and symmetry and put him against the bigger less conditioned BBers with less or very little symmetry, who do think the judges would give too?

And you have that senario today with Dexter Jackson and who do they give it to? lets say Dexter Jackson was 260 pounds with the same conditioning he's beat Cutler in moments ! he's lacking in muscular bulk despite showing advantages in ' symmetry ' and in conditioning , he's like Ray was to Yates and Labrada was to Haney

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »
Haha, agreed again, force them to be legit. BTW, I have this feeling no matter how good of size and conditioning I will have coming into this show and I look like I deserve to win.......I won't :-\ Being outspoken isn't a plus in BBing.
that's the narrowness of club style events and keeping pro bodybuilding a boutique endeavor.   there are the house favored and the uncontrollable contenders

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
They should know what a well conditioned balanced physique looks like!

You think Wolf is well balanced? he's not he has a pleasing physique and great symmetry ( well at least part of it ) his conditioning was good but not as great as Dexters .

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 01:43:23 PM »
Wolf was nowhere near as hard as dexter.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »
Wolf was nowhere near as hard as dexter.

He wasn't ! he had very good condition again the victim of peaking to many times on the year !

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »
Pros today are too caught up in going up in weight. It seems that they're always saying "ill be ten pounds heavier"

They should be like Arnold and focus on weakpoints....

The Coach

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 02:18:51 PM »
No I didn't forget symmetry and all rounds are physique rounds meaning symmetry is NOT judged as a separate and distinct element which is why guys like Yates could beat guys like Shawn Ray in the symmetry round , they look at all the criteria in all the rounds , the same goes with the other rounds

And you have that senario today with Dexter Jackson and who do they give it to? lets say Dexter Jackson was 260 pounds with the same conditioning he's beat Cutler in moments ! he's lacking in muscular bulk despite showing advantages in ' symmetry ' and in conditioning , he's like Ray was to Yates and Labrada was to Haney

I HAD Dexter winning and so did the original scorecard right before the final placings at the finals.

The Coach

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »
You think Wolf is well balanced? he's not he has a pleasing physique and great symmetry ( well at least part of it ) his conditioning was good but not as great as Dexters .

Again, I had Dexter winning, Wolf was not nearly as conditioned or balanced as Dexter, but better conditioned and balanced than Victor. Martinez was ginin another gift.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2007, 02:22:20 PM »
I HAD Dexter winning and so did the original scorecard right before the final placings at the finals.

The original score card did NOT have Dex winning ! where did you get that from? 2007 Mr Olympia was a two man contest Jay & Vic it could have went to Vic and I wouldn't have batted an eyelash , Jay was lucky to win no doubts about it Dex wasn't beating them

now you could make a case for the type of physique that Dex displayed to be the ideal for the Mr Olympia but based on the criteria they go by he wasn't winning.

The Coach

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2007, 02:23:34 PM »
Pros today are too caught up in going up in weight. It seems that they're always saying "ill be ten pounds heavier"

They should be like Arnold and focus on weakpoints....

Yep, i agree. Being bigger doesn't make your weakpoints better, same with insulin, it won't help wek bodyparts.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »
Again, I had Dexter winning, Wolf was not nearly as conditioned or balanced as Dexter, but better conditioned and balanced than Victor. Martinez was ginin another gift.

You know if Dexter won I think it would be better for the sport I think he clearly looks better than Cutler & Victor but he's not going to win by the criteria before him , like Shawn Ray the time of a close to 200 pound Mr Olympia ended with Samir Bannout , but I understand your point.

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2007, 02:25:08 PM »
The original score card did NOT have Dex winning ! where did you get that from?

I can't tell you, you just have to trust me. But if you know me, you know I wouldn't lie!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »

Word out on the street is that people are starting back away from GH usage.

what street do you live on?

if you wouldnt post such nonsense, no one would guess your retarded.
b

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2007, 02:34:33 PM »
the problem is when i come on getbig and read couple threads and i see post about how "bad" gaspari arms were,,,thats were the problem is,,his arms were far far farrrrrrrrrrrr from bad or pathetic,,its not the judges fault that people get impressed with sheer size with out any connection to bodybuilding its like when girls say they  want big teddy bear not the small one ,,its in the head and the judges reward it because it became the norm in 2000s,,it will go back though sooner or later

to say gaspari had average arms,,,give me a break runner up MR OLYMPIA doesnt have averge nothing,,when you take a look at any top 10 bodybuilders in the world there is nothing average on them not even calves,,stand with your calf next to them and you will see what i mean,,even if small its always quality! and quality = illusion and ilussion = size thats bodybuilding

give it couple years and it will get back to mid 90s type of physiqes
fallen angel

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »
I can't tell you, you just have to trust me. But if you know me, you know I wouldn't lie!
come on  just say you dont lie much

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
Coach did you do your AM cardio this morning?  How about the trash, have you taken out the trash yet?  Got your chicken made for tomorrow?  What about groceries?  Are you stocked up?   ;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2007, 02:45:39 PM »

isn't here a stepmill you should be chained to?

your not going to melt that backfat off on here bitching about judging.

hope this helps.
b