Author Topic: mariachi's tip of the day  (Read 6228 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
mariachi's tip of the day
« on: October 14, 2007, 02:53:08 PM »
I got excellent news for tall people or any other lifters that have difficulties doing the squat.  Lower back problems is the main thing that keeps people far away from the squadrack. If the squat movement dont feel comfortable to you, its a sign that your not using the right technique for your bodytype. We cant all do tom platz style techique, cause you can have a different bodystrcture.  The main issue here is the mind-body connection. I made the mistake when going down i used to concentrate on making a arched back and pussing the butt out. I remembered when i first step foot in a gym and this trainer told me to push the butt more out. That way you make the back/butt connection in your brain too much, and your form is unsientific.The squat is a knee-bent excersize and thats all you need to concentrate about. Find a sweet spot, i like to put my feet more wider then shoulderwide. And when you go down, go down much much slower and concentrate on the knee-bending. That way you will not lean forward at all with your back, and my poundages are going up fast all of a sudden. I sudgest doing some self hypnosis too, especialy for folks that have difficulties falling asleep, we will save this self-concious technique for another day, we dont want to stress the mind with too much information at once.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: mariachi's tip of the day
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »
I got excellent news for tall people or any other lifters that have difficulties doing the squat.  Lower back problems is the main thing that keeps people far away from the squadrack. If the squat movement dont feel comfortable to you, its a sign that your not using the right technique for your bodytype. We cant all do tom platz style techique, cause you can have a different bodystrcture.  The main issue here is the mind-body connection. I made the mistake when going down i used to concentrate on making a arched back and pussing the butt out. I remembered when i first step foot in a gym and this trainer told me to push the butt more out. That way you make the back/butt connection in your brain too much, and your form is unsientific.The squat is a knee-bent excersize and thats all you need to concentrate about. Find a sweet spot, i like to put my feet more wider then shoulderwide. And when you go down, go down much much slower and concentrate on the knee-bending. That way you will not lean forward at all with your abck, and my poundages are going up fast all of a sudden. I sudgest doing some self hypnosis too, especialy for folks that have difficulties falling asleep, we will safe this mind other self-concious technique for another day, we dont want to stress the mind with too much information at once.
I'd suggest you use spellcheck....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »
I got excellent news for tall people or any other lifters that have difficulties doing the squat.  Lower back problems is the main thing that keeps people far away from the squadrack. If the squat movement dont feel comfortable to you, its a sign that your not using the right technique for your bodytype. We cant all do tom platz style techique, cause you can have a different bodystrcture.  The main issue here is the mind-body connection. I made the mistake when going down i used to concentrate on making a arched back and pussing the butt out. I remembered when i first step foot in a gym and this trainer told me to push the butt more out. That way you make the back/butt connection in your brain too much, and your form is unsientific.The squat is a knee-bent excersize and thats all you need to concentrate about. Find a sweet spot, i like to put my feet more wider then shoulderwide. And when you go down, go down much much slower and concentrate on the knee-bending. That way you will not lean forward at all with your back, and my poundages are going up fast all of a sudden. I sudgest doing some self hypnosis too, especialy for folks that have difficulties falling asleep, we will save this self-concious technique for another day, we dont want to stress the mind with too much information at once.
Horrible advice. You should break at the hip first, not the knees.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
oh god not more advice from the reject Euro-trash Fonzi :-\

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:04:58 PM »
Horrible advice. You should break at the hip first, not the knees.

Thats common knowledge, but a lot of folks keep the tension on hips and back the whole lift. Ofcourse break it at the hips,but emmediately concentrate on quads and knee-bend. The more you can keep your back straight the better perfected lift you will get.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 03:08:11 PM »
good stuff mariachi, i look forward to further MTOTD (mariachi's tip of the day) in the future.  whats your opinion on barbell rows?
its comin today

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »

Tip of the day:

Your physique sucks.

Jeriko

• Getbig II
  • Do you want to win the war on terror? Yes or No?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 03:32:05 PM »
I'd suggest you use spellcheck....

;D

squat are a bitchh!  you definitely have to use a low weight until you can find the best stance for your body and until you can consistently lock in on proper technique. 

:o I recently saw someone fall forward during squats - his head ended up under the bar and luckily for him the 45lb plates created enough space between the floor and the bar  :o

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »
Excellent tip.  I like your style, bro.   ;D

Although I also agree with Van_Bilderass on the hips needing to break first.  Actually as of late I've starting thinking of the squat as a low back exercise.  Fuck the knees, I've been letting them just figure out what to do after I get down in a position at the bottom to where I'm almost bent over parallel to the floor with my torso.  LOL 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 05:30:57 PM »
Lower back problems is the main thing that keeps people far away from the squadrack.

Really?  I would assume that most folks who don't squat blame knees. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
Taller people who tend to have stronger deadlift numbers than squat numbers tend to have pain or problems.

Make sure your legs are stronger than your back(if your're taller than 5'10-11").

I've hurt my back twice and am reduce to leg presses. I will not test squats until I am back on a gaining phase. I am doing leg presses and lunges these days.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »

Most people who don't squat may blame their back or knees, but usually they are just pussies.

My tip of the day is don't listen to chain smoking euro-trash that keeps a hatchet by his bed.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »

My tip of the day is don't listen to chain smoking euro-trash that keeps a hatchet by his bed.

LOL

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »

THERE HE IS.  Rob what's up.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 05:08:29 AM »

Wrapping the knees real tight helps a lot, but knee-bent is what squat is all about, if you dont want to do that, wh bother? I also agree with CJ, the deadlft is also essential if you want your squat poundages to go up.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 05:10:17 AM »

You know ive been in a bad mood lately, you know what you can do to bright my mood? Get the hell out of here. And i dont mean just the Player's club, im talking about you leaving the whole getbig. I dont want to know you, i dont want to see ya, and i dont want to smell ya. Now leave.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 08:40:09 AM »
You know ive been in a bad mood lately, you know what you can do to bright my mood? Get the hell out of here. And i dont mean just the Player's club, im talking about you leaving the whole getbig. I dont want to know you, i dont want to see ya, and i dont want to smell ya. Now leave.

its comin today

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 08:41:18 AM »
i'm sure Nordic will get right on that. ::)

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 08:48:28 AM »
i'm sure Nordic will get right on that. ::)

hahahaha, right after he's kicked el mariachi mom in the vagina

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »
hahahaha, right after he's kicked el mariachi mom in the vagina
impossible, he would fall in if he tried to do that.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 09:03:47 AM »
Mariachi and other who need squat advice, here's a good instructional series:

There's like 20 clips talking about squats.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »

No - I blame my hips. But I do Front Squats & use the Smith Machine.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
personally the best squatting tip for tall people that cant quite get low enough is to toss a 10lber under each ankle. It'll help

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »

On the contrary, El Mariachi probably knows what he's talking about here cause word is that he's squatted down in front of just about every man he comes across in Club Oyster

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »
kristalnacht.