Author Topic: what mp3 player do use for the gym?  (Read 4047 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
what mp3 player do use for the gym?
« on: October 14, 2007, 06:23:45 PM »
I just sold my old 2nd gen nano and bought a nano video and an ipod touch (posting from it now) both are hot as shit, what do you use?

CC973

• Getbig III
Re: what mp3 player do use for the gym?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
Use my 80g ipod. Gets in the way sometimes but its a must at my gym because of the horrible music they play.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 06:33:08 PM »
Use my 80g ipod. Gets in the way sometimes but its a must at my gym because of the horrible music they play.

I considered that but found it a little large

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »
60 gb ipod.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 06:36:09 PM »
I got a small 512 MB thing from sam's club.  It's about the size of a AA battery, maybe a little bigger.

I love the ipods, but they just seem to big and fragile for the gym.  I've dropped this thing 1000 times and still works.  Cost was like 30 bucks, and it holds 6 CDs worth.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »
i use a 30 Gig microsoft zune In My Car... I use a 2 Gig Sandisk Sansa for the gym.. The Zune is to big to use for the gym...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 06:54:17 PM »
I got a small 512 MB thing from sam's club.  It's about the size of a AA battery, maybe a little bigger.

I love the ipods, but they just seem to big and fragile for the gym.  I've dropped this thing 1000 times and still works.  Cost was like 30 bucks, and it holds 6 CDs worth.

Bingo. I bring a little 40 dollar piece of crap to the gym.

Why fuck up my nice one

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »
i use this

zen stone

its super light and holds a lot of songs.  if you always have your playlist on random anyway its ideal.  you can put it pretty much anywhere and you'll forget its there. also very loud and great sound quality, way better than ipods.
its comin today

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »
ipod shuffle 1 g

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:41 PM »
4gb new ipod nano video, enough for workout.

Im not even able to listen all the music loaded, so more than 4gb is like a waste of time.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 10:16:28 PM »
Creative Vision M (30 gig)
Here comes the money shot

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 10:18:32 PM »
60g ipod
F

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »
I've got a silver 4GB Nano (not the video one yet) for the gym because the sound level out of the iPhone's headphone jack is nowhere near what it needs to be.  The Nano's sound is much louder.  But that's the only gripe I have with the iPhone...well, that and the battery life if you're online with it.  Sucks it up fast.  I can run it down in less than 5-6 hours if I'm really active on it, but I mean that thing must require quite a bit of power to fuel.  You've just gotta keep a charger everywhere you're gonna be (home/work) and one in your car.

Only thing is now that I think I'm still gonna have to take both of them into the gym with me because I need the iPhone to play on the internet and text while I'm on the treadmill while I listen to the loud music out of the Nano on there and while lifting weights.  You know texting is the newest best aerobics diversion, followed by internet.  They're putting browsers on treadmills now I hear.   

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »
4g iriver T60 - it's flash based - bring HD based technology to the gym is a mistake as sooner or later the HD fucks up

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 11:00:16 PM »
I've got a silver 4GB Nano (not the video one yet) for the gym because the sound level out of the iPhone's headphone jack is nowhere near what it needs to be.  The Nano's sound is much louder.  But that's the only gripe I have with the iPhone...well, that and the battery life if you're online with it.  Sucks it up fast.  I can run it down in less than 5-6 hours if I'm really active on it, but I mean that thing must require quite a bit of power to fuel.  You've just gotta keep a charger everywhere you're gonna be (home/work) and one in your car.

Only thing is now that I think I'm still gonna have to take both of them into the gym with me because I need the iPhone to play on the internet and text while I'm on the treadmill while I listen to the loud music out of the Nano on there and while lifting weights.  You know texting is the newest best aerobics diversion, followed by internet.  They're putting browsers on treadmills now I hear.   

Im going to guess you are in the EU and your Iphone is Volume capped, just hack it and you can take the cap off as well as alot of other shit.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 11:03:53 PM »
When I do take one its an 80gig ipod with rockbox installed, no irritating ID3 issues for me.

http://www.rockbox.org

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 12:19:07 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::)

Actually we go to the gym to train a bit, not to hear music, thats gay....grow up take off these pink earphones, ignore everyone, concentrate and train!

No need to "hey i brought my ipod with me, and have my laptop over there in the corner so i can post on getbig while training...also it would be a good idea to have a ups with you, in case of a blackout so to look trendy"  ::) get serious.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:45 AM »
They mostly play Celiene Dion and Michael Bolton in my gym, so there's no need for me to take an IPod to the gym

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 12:36:06 AM »
Mine has the new club "hits"...i like them, so why bring mp3's and ipod's. Useless

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 04:09:16 AM »

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 04:11:51 AM »
I use a cassete sony walkman

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »
I use a cassete sony walkman

oldschool detected

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 08:33:37 AM »

Actually we go to the gym to train a bit, not to hear music, thats gay....grow up take off these pink earphones, ignore everyone, concentrate and train!

No need to "hey i brought my ipod with me, and have my laptop over there in the corner so i can post on getbig while training...also it would be a good idea to have a ups with you, in case of a blackout so to look trendy"  ::) get serious.

its too bad the whole world cant be like you "mezo z" and crank club hits all the time.

its much easier to remain focused and dissuade others from approaching you if you have headphones on.
its comin today

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 08:45:56 AM »
I use the Sansa Sandisk...just like the old Ipod Shuffles but this has a screen, super cheap..Highly recommend it!

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 09:11:48 AM »

good songs can be real motivating.  you obviously train like a 60 year old paki woman.
F