Author Topic: Intro to Walmart: Beach Bum caught in embarassing lie  (Read 3452 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Intro to Walmart
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 10:21:04 PM »
Beach, what in the hell are you even talking about now?  What's the strategy here, start acting drunk and post unrelated threads in hopes that we just go huh and walk away baffled?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 10:22:07 PM »
You're embarassed.  We can all see that.

You're now trying to point people away from this thread.

Sad. 

You were exposed, Beach Bum.

240 has a Beach Bum crush.  lol.  You think about me way too much dude.  But I'm flattered.  lol.  Pretty soon I'm going to have to stop, because I'm having trouble concentrating.  It's going to be a long night.  lol . . . .  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »
Beach, what in the hell are you even talking about now?  What's the strategy here, start acting drunk and post unrelated threads in hopes that we just go huh and walk away baffled?

Nah.  I don't drink.  I was posting a thread where I mentioned books on my office shelf.  New evidence!  Appeal is granted.  Jury verdict is overturned. 

You don't need to walk away.  I like this one.   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »
You got nailed, squirm all you want.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 10:35:03 PM »
You got nailed, squirm all you want.

:) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 10:36:52 PM »

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wal-Mart

Seeing as we talk politics here - and as economics are tied directly to politics - and that corporations are involved a tad with economics - it's probably useful that some members here read up on one example of a corporation.

And let there be no laziness involved here - read up - don't be a bum!

Interesting to see you've finally started to use that economy major of yours to look into the corporate ties into politics.

As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 04:21:38 AM »
Interesting to see you've finally started to use that economy major of yours to look into the corporate ties into politics.

I did my senior thesis on WMT.  I'm well aware that corps influence news, military, and social policy.  I tend to see it as a necessary evil to ensure stability actually - the fact that they're based here gives me more confidence in our long-ish term stability than anything Bush can mumble into the camera about a strong economy.  As long as the CEO's kids go to school in America, the USA will remain strong-ish, because that's in their best interest to keep the wives happy.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:54 AM »
I did my senior thesis on WMT.  I'm well aware that corps influence news, military, and social policy.  I tend to see it as a necessary evil to ensure stability actually - the fact that they're based here gives me more confidence in our long-ish term stability than anything Bush can mumble into the camera about a strong economy.  As long as the CEO's kids go to school in America, the USA will remain strong-ish, because that's in their best interest to keep the wives happy.

Hey I'm with you on that. We actually need a conflictive perspective in America, right now to strengthen the country, and inflict some serious safety. When the government fails we look towards power starters such as Sam (replaced by Google founders) for stability and fairness. Always two sides to a coin.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Intro to Walmart: Beach Bum caught in embarassing lie
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 09:01:12 AM »
Hey I'm with you on that. We actually need a conflictive perspective in America, right now to strengthen the country, and inflict some serious safety. When the government fails we look towards power starters such as Sam (replaced by Google founders) for stability and fairness. Always two sides to a coin.

Yeah.  Bush owns 100k acres in paraguay.  I take his word of confidence with a grain of salt.

The Waltons on the other hand - American based billionaires with American based companies.  They have American success in their best interest.  Same with most other American rich - they live here, they have it in their best interest that the dollar succeed. 

Corporations controlling things actually offer a great deal of stability, compared to a paper govt.  Perhaps capitalism is more honest than democracy!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »
Nah.  I don't drink.  I was posting a thread where I mentioned books on my office shelf.  New evidence!  Appeal is granted.  Jury verdict is overturned. 

You don't need to walk away.  I like this one.   ;D

Do you have a hangover tonight, following your drunken/lying binge/WMT lecture from last night?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »
Do you have a hangover tonight, following your drunken/lying binge/WMT lecture from last night?

Dude.  lol.  Do you dream about me?  lol . . . .  I'll be working late again tonight.  You are better than Jay Leno.   :) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »
Dude.  lol.  Do you dream about me?  lol . . . .  I'll be working late again tonight.  You are better than Jay Leno.   :) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 08:43:02 AM »
The waltons really are an admirable bunch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »
Dude.  lol.  Do you dream about me?  lol . . . .  I'll be working late again tonight.  You are better than Jay Leno.   :) 

thank you.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 04:35:00 AM »
Yeah.  Bush owns 100k acres in paraguay.  I take his word of confidence with a grain of salt.

The Waltons on the other hand - American based billionaires with American based companies.  They have American success in their best interest.  Same with most other American rich - they live here, they have it in their best interest that the dollar succeed. 

Corporations controlling things actually offer a great deal of stability, compared to a paper govt.  Perhaps capitalism is more honest than democracy!

I disagree.

All research I've seen on MNC's is that they are just that - multi national. They progressively expands: an example is how Toyota, originally a Japanese company, and now one of the big 3 in the USA, is establishing manufacturing plants all over the world, in USA, in China, in Korea et al.

They don't just expand horisontally with the same products in other geographic areas, but also vertically, with different products into new markets.

As long as USA is the main market, the heart of all MNC's, yes ALL, will be in the USA.

But MNC's are clearly not having any patriotic qualms.

Eg, both Disney and Murdoch (News Corp) have long been adjusting their policies for China.

Ie, profit is more important than staying true to your flag.

If you believe anything else, I think you're making a big mistake.

Corporative power is very interesting, but to say that it's a necessary evil?

Remember Enron.

Also a question for you:

What makes you think Waltons have USA's success in their best interest?
As empty as paradise

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 05:51:30 AM »

They are not doing so hot in Japan and elsewhere, as they are in the US, so the only way to keep that vertical climb and continued success is a strong America.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 09:50:10 AM »

1. Their entire company infrastructure is in the US.  An economic collapse means their trucks stop moving, their suppliers stop sending goods.

2. Their (near) entire purchasing population is in the US.  Another great reason why it's in their best interest for Joe Sixpack not to be poor.

3. I'm assuming they all live here, own ten houses here, their kids go to school here, etc.

These reasons ensure that WMT does what it can to keep America afloat at least for another few decades.  Longterm is anyone's guess.

Are coroprations the safety net - the "real" gold standard - that keeps the dollar strong?  It's possible.  Their own self-preservation, growth, and profit is their motive - so be it.  But 300 mil people able to spend their weekly paychecks at their store is a hell of a motivator to keep the USA afloat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »

I appreciate that man.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:14 PM »
I might pick up that book this week.  Has anyone else read it?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »
Stickied for a while to save the person who has a Beach Bum crush from bumping.  :)  And yes Perry Mason, you have a Beach Bum crush.   :)