Author Topic: Easy Money For You!!!  (Read 1386 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Easy Money For You!!!
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:08 AM »
Offer: $125,000 for ‘Proof’ of Man-Made Global Warming

The Web site JunkScience.com has raised its “prize” offering from $100,000 to $125,000 for anyone who can actually supply proof that human emissions of greenhouse gases are causing global warming.

In presenting its Ultimate Global Warming Challenge, the Web site states: “If you think it’s a no-brainer that humans are causing catastrophic global warming, here’s your opportunity to earn an easy $125,000.”

The challenge: “$125,000 will be awarded to the first person to prove, in a scientific manner, that humans are causing harmful global warming.”

The winning entry, the site notes, will reject this “hypothesis”:

“Man-made emissions of greenhouse gases do not discernibly, significantly and predictably cause increases in global surface and tropospheric temperatures along with associated stratospheric cooling.”

Entrants are told to limit their entries to 700 words — and include a $15 entry fee.

The Web site defines Junk Science” as “faulty scientific data and analysis used to advance special and, often, hidden agendas.”

As of this writing, the “prize” had gone unclaimed by anyone — including Al Gore — for more than 60 days.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Easy Money For You!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:19:17 AM »
I borrowed $10 tril from the chinese instead.  It's even easier money!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:27:14 AM »
Offer: $125,000 for ‘Proof’ of Man-Made Global Warming

The Web site JunkScience.com has raised its “prize” offering from $100,000 to $125,000 for anyone who can actually supply proof that human emissions of greenhouse gases are causing global warming.

In presenting its Ultimate Global Warming Challenge, the Web site states: “If you think it’s a no-brainer that humans are causing catastrophic global warming, here’s your opportunity to earn an easy $125,000.”

The challenge: “$125,000 will be awarded to the first person to prove, in a scientific manner, that humans are causing harmful global warming.”

The winning entry, the site notes, will reject this “hypothesis”:

“Man-made emissions of greenhouse gases do not discernibly, significantly and predictably cause increases in global surface and tropospheric temperatures along with associated stratospheric cooling.”

Entrants are told to limit their entries to 700 words — and include a $15 entry fee.

The Web site defines Junk Science” as “faulty scientific data and analysis used to advance special and, often, hidden agendas.”

As of this writing, the “prize” had gone unclaimed by anyone — including Al Gore — for more than 60 days.
Humans are not causing GW.  That is a natural process.  We are making it worse.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:36:58 AM »

I think we're contributing 0 to 1% at the most.

But, when we're talking about how many inches/feet our sea level will rise, 1% can make a bit of a difference.

I think it's the Earth Day of this generation, nothing more.  They'll create a Global Warming day.  Yes, it's likely that coastal waters will rise up to a meter over the next 100 years.  Whose fault is it? Who cares.  Focus on the solution.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »
Let’s first look at the scary facts. The world is warming. We have sufficient information to prove this fact. This is actually quite normal and it has been established that the Earth goes through warming and cooling periods. We were actually just in what some call a “little ice age” and would be expecting the temperature to warm up. The scary thing is how fast the world is warming. Most experts will say that the world has never warmed as fast as it is now. We do only have real data for the last 100 years or so, but with proxy data taken from ice cores we can infer the temperatures of the Earth up to 1,000 years in the past. However, note that this is still a relatively small period of time compared to the 4.5 billion years the Earth has been around. Below is data of temperature for the last 1,000 years. Please note that the grey is area is a margin of error.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 11:43:28 AM »

Then go make some money.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 12:06:25 PM »
In an age where even the best facts are subject to some sort of wild spin.  Is anything certain in the eyes of all today, provable beyond any doubt?...  I bet there's some clown out there disputing gravity.  What problem of this scale is a constant known truth to all?  NONE...  It's so easy to pay some jackass with a degree to say "but but but" and that happens, quite a bit...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
In an age where even the best facts are subject to some sort of wild spin.  Is anything certain in the eyes of all today, provable beyond any doubt?...  I bet there's some clown out there disputing gravity.  What problem of this scale is a constant known truth to all?  NONE...  It's so easy to pay some jackass with a degree to say "but but but" and that happens, quite a bit...

True. 

I don't talk about global warming much.  Don't follow it.  Maybe it's the blue skies and warm weather I see everyday.  :)  I guess I should start paying attention to this topic one of these days.  It would help if someone a little more credible than Gore was the poster child.   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »
Rest assured, bro...You WILL die and you WILL have to pay taxes.  :)

But you're right about the spin.  There's spin on everything from the media.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:05:20 PM »
I don't talk about global warming much.  Don't follow it. 

Can you recommend any good books on the topic?

Perhaps one sitting on your own bookshelf?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 02:23:08 PM »
Can you recommend any good books on the topic?

Perhaps one sitting on your own bookshelf?

Not on topic, but one really good one on my shelf is "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff."  You should read it.  It will really help during those lonely moments when you're contemplating how the heck the government faked the moon landing, how the U.S. government shot missiles into the Pentagon, how Timothy McVeigh escaped his execution, how certain members who died in 911 plane crashes were actually spotted alive overseas, etc., etc.  It's all small stuff mang.  :) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
Beach Bum,

Yes.  It's on my office shelf.  Did you read it? 

This gets better and better.

You read "Made in America", written by Sam Walton.

yet:
I don't know who the "Walton family" is. 

You are either lying, or you have horrible reading comprehension skills.

Not only that, but in light of your repeated claims that you are a college professor...

well, this just gets better and better.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »
Beach Bum,

This gets better and better.

You read "Made in America", written by Sam Walton.

yet:
You are either lying, or you have horrible reading comprehension skills.

Not only that, but in light of your repeated claims that you are a college professor...

well, this just gets better and better.

I've never made repeated claims about anything.  I'm just a little old man who never finished third grade.  I come here to be enlightened by the educated folk, including those with mail order college degrees like you.  :)  (This is the part where you make your daily claim that you have an MBA). 

And what exactly does this thread have to do with my reading material Columbo?  You should really turn in your private investigator card.  You suck at that whole connecting the dots thing dude.  But I have to admit it's pretty funny.   :)

Ah the 240 Beach Bum man crush.  He can't quit talking about me.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »
I've never made repeated claims about anything.  I'm just a little old man who never finished third grade.  I come here to be enlightened by the educated folk, including those with mail order college degrees like you.  :)  (This is the part where you make your daily claim that you have an MBA). 

And what exactly does this thread have to do with my reading material Columbo?  You should really turn in your private investigator card.  You suck at that whole connecting the dots thing dude.  But I have to admit it's pretty funny.   :)

Ah the 240 Beach Bum man crush.  He can't quit talking about me.  :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »
Read the offer Beach Bum:

offering from $100,000 to $125,000 for anyone who can actually supply proof that human emissions of greenhouse gases are causing global warming.

It's that kind of unilateral contract language that makes this offer a sham.  It's the same tact used by those income tax evaders asking for proof of such taxes in the Code.