Author Topic: On March 29, 1918...  (Read 1767 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
On March 29, 1918...
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »
...Samuel Moore Walton was born!

Sam Walton was the founder of two American retailers Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. He was the patriarch of the Walton family, one of the richest families in the world.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: On March 29, 1918...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 03:29:48 PM »
great, a company thats a disease to the middle class and the economy

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »
no doubt he is rolling in his grave...  Made in America... LOL...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »
Sam Walton was a great man.  All he wanted was to provide working class Americans an affordable outlet to shop for basic needs.  A worthy goal, but I'm sure he did not ultimately see Wal-Mart forcing companies to move their operations overseas and building these big-box stores on every corner of every city.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »
i personally hate that store.. not only because its full of fat redneck ladies chasing after there fat offspring,, but because it takes so much away from a community.. same thing for starbucks, a mall,, or any other chain store that i refuse to go into. go to the mom and pop store who keep the money in the community, not a piece of shit chain that runs a quality store out of business..

my favorite coffee shop, where i used to get a cup for 1.50 just got bought out by starbucks who charges 5 dollars for a cup of shit >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 06:02:28 PM »
Sam Walton was a great man.  All he wanted was to provide working class Americans an affordable outlet to shop for basic needs.  A worthy goal, but I'm sure he did not ultimately see Wal-Mart forcing companies to move their operations overseas and building these big-box stores on every corner of every city.

Did you know that his family, the Waltons, are very wealthy?

Beach Bum - can you tell us more about the Waltons?  You did read his book, right?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »
Did you know that his family, the Waltons, are very wealthy?

Beach Bum - can you tell us more about the Waltons?  You did read his book, right?

yes they are wealthy, and they deserve every penny of it. 

sam walton is a good example of what hard work can do and i bet he's a very good guy,, but his company is a pile of shit. i have his book and i liked it, just not wal mart

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 06:46:16 PM »
yes they are wealthy, and they deserve every penny of it. 

sam walton is a good example of what hard work can do and i bet he's a very good guy,, but his company is a pile of shit. i have his book and i liked it, just not wal mart

I dont believe WMT is a pile of this.

They are the low-cost option for retail buying.  they charge less because they have advantages - less workers, lower paid workers, great supply chain deals, incredibl infrastructure.  hell, they got water to katrina refugees 3 days before FEMA coudl, with unlimited reources.

WMT is a shitty shopping experience because you trade ambience for low prices.

WMT isn't a pile of shit company.  They're the largest non-govt company in USA and will continue to be so for the next century.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »
i personally hate that store.. not only because its full of fat redneck ladies chasing after there fat offspring,, but because it takes so much away from a community.. same thing for starbucks, a mall,, or any other chain store that i refuse to go into. go to the mom and pop store who keep the money in the community, not a piece of shit chain that runs a quality store out of business..

my favorite coffee shop, where i used to get a cup for 1.50 just got bought out by starbucks who charges 5 dollars for a cup of shit >:(

Holy Schit, I actually agree with something you posted. I feel a little dirty.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 07:43:17 PM »
why does everyone hate walmart so much? sure they are infested with the dregs of society, but
1. they sell everything you ever need
2. they are open all night

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »
why does everyone hate walmart so much? sure they are infested with the dregs of society, but
1. they sell everything you ever need
2. they are open all night

It's their business plan that is so tough on the community. They use loss leaders to drive smaller competitors out of business. In larger metropolitan areas this strategy isn't as effective but in smaller communities and especially rural communities it's extremely effective.

Also, the products they sell are cheap, low quality crappola made in China. If they used American made products it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Walmart/Sam's Club stores played a huge role in China's rise to economic power.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 05:50:13 AM »
great, a company thats a disease to the middle class and the economy

Disease of the middle class? you have to be kidding. They keep the middle class afloat.
gotta love life

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »
Disease of the middle class? you have to be kidding. They keep the middle class afloat.
Walmart is a highly centralized entity.

It rubs out local competition so that the affordable imports (the ones made by child labor and such--there's no free lunch and those savings come from somewhere) are all that's left to choose from by consumers.

So what we have here in effect is something akin to Big Government (Walmart) v. Local Control (mom 'n pop stores) only in retail.