Author Topic: buzz aldrin punches man in the face!  (Read 18515 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: buzz aldrin punches man in the face!
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »
Pyramids were built with concrete rather than rocks, scientists claim

Method used only at higher levels Blocks set using a limestone slurry.

Charles Bremner, Paris... How the Egyptians really built a Pyramid:

The Ancient Egyptians built their great Pyramids by pouring concrete into blocks high on the site rather than hauling up giant stones, according to a new Franco-American study.

The research, by materials scientists from national institutions, adds fuel to a theory that the pharaohs’ craftsmen had enough skill and materials at hand to cast the two-tonne limestone blocks that dress the Cheops and other Pyramids.

Despite mounting support from scientists, Egyptologists have rejected the concrete claim, first made in the late 1970s by Joseph Davidovits, a French chemist.

The stones, say the historians and archeologists, were all carved from nearby quarries, heaved up huge ramps and set in place by armies of workers. Some dissenters say that levers or pulleys were used, even though the wheel had not been invented at that time.

Until recently it was hard for geologists to distinguish between natural limestone and the kind that would have been made by reconstituting liquefied lime.

But according to Professor Gilles Hug, of the French National Aerospace Research Agency (Onera), and Professor Michel Barsoum, of Drexel University in Philadelphia, the covering of the great Pyramids at Giza consists of two types of stone: one from the quarries and one man-made.

“There’s no way around it. The chemistry is well and truly different,” Professor Hug told Science et Vie magazine. Their study is being published this month in the Journal of the American Ceramic Society.

The pair used X-rays, a plasma torch and electron microscopes to compare small fragments from pyramids with stone from the Toura and Maadi quarries.

They found “traces of a rapid chemical reaction which did not allow natural crystalisation . . . The reaction would be inexplicable if the stones were quarried, but perfectly comprehensible if one accepts that they were cast like concrete.”

The pair believe that the concrete method was used only for the stones on the higher levels of the Pyramids. There are some 2.5 million stone blocks on the Cheops Pyramid. The 10-tonne granite blocks at their heart were also natural, they say. The professors agree with the “Davidovits theory” that soft limestone was quarried on the damp south side of the Giza Plateau. This was then dissolved in large, Nile-fed pools until it became a watery slurry.

Lime from fireplace ash and salt were mixed in with it. The water evaporated, leaving a moist, clay-like mixture. This wet “concrete” would have been carried to the site and packed into wooden moulds where it would set hard in a few days. Mr Davidovits and his team at the Geopolymer Institute at Saint-Quentin tested the method recently, producing a large block of concrete limestone in ten days.

New support for their case came from Guy Demortier, a materials scientist at Namur University in Belgium. Originally a sceptic, he told the French magazine that a decade of study had made him a convert: “The three majestic Pyramids of Cheops, Khephren and Mykerinos are well and truly made from concrete stones.”

The concrete theorists also point out differences in density of the pyramid stones, which have a higher mass near the bottom and bubbles near the top, like old-style cement blocks.

Opponents of the theory dispute the scientific evidence. They also say that the diverse shapes of the stones show that moulds were not used. They add that a huge amount of limestone chalk and burnt wood would have been needed to make the concrete, while the Egyptians had the manpower to hoist all the natural stone they wanted.

The concrete theorists say that they will be unable to prove their theory conclusively until the Egyptian authorities give them access to substantial samples.
================================================

??? This particular story (above) proves nothing.

http://www.geopolymer.org/archaeology/pyramids/are-pyramids-made-out-of-concrete-1 Ditto. This article has many problems.

One more:
[u]Pyramids built of limestone, not concrete blocks[/u]
Egypt, Local, 10/12/2002

Egypt's Pyramids in Giza are built of limestone, not concrete blocks as a French chemist claimed recently, said Zahi Hawwas, Chairman of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.

In statements on Thursday, Hawwas said the quarry where the stones were brought from had been spotted 150 kilometers south of Cheops Pyramid.

"The French Chemist, Joseph David, has never visited Egypt neither has he ever seen the Pyramids,"
said Hawwas.

"His idea is an old one which he published in a book several years ago and did not distribute more than 1.000 copies," added Hawwas.

Hawwas believes that the French chemist reached this conclusion because the samples he worked on came from wrong renovation conducted in the past century on the exterior of the great pyramid's stones.

This method is now absolute, added Hawwas

a

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2007, 11:30:02 PM »
...no evidence for orang pendek yet (unless you think as I do that it might be one in the same with the Hobbit Man Homo Floresiensis). Won't comment on Bigfoot so much as to say that they could easily go undiscovered for this long considering the habitats they prefer, the fingerprint evidence is conclusive (google Jimmy Chilcut) and that I spent my life savings chasing Squatch across north America and Canada.
   Guess I did comment.
...that's the orthodox view. In fact Plato got the dates RIGHT... it did happen 12,000 years ago... the city is now under Lake Popo on the Bolivian Altiplano and a guy named Jim Allen, an amateur cartographer, found the remnants of the city that are still above ground. The city ruins match Plato's description in every conceivable way... it's solved, archeology just hasn't listened yet.
...the largest pyramid, the Pyramid of Cheops/Khufu, contains approximately 1.2 million blocks averaging 2 metric tons each: that' s enough blocks to fill every quarry in ancient Egypt several times over.

Forgetting the transportation problems... forgetting that a ramp would have needed to contain 3 million similar blocks to achieve a usable incline... forgetting that such a feet was simply impossible using cut blocks in those times... forgetting all that; the simple fact remains that the pyramid blocks contain 9 times as many air bubbles as does natural limestone: case closed, it's concrete.

Besides, the polymer physicist who brought forward this solution got so tired of getting no publicity that he and a few friends built a 30 foot high mini-pyramid, including one twelve ton block (as big as the biggest Giza block: the lintel from the Wall of Crows), complete with casing stones in one day using only tools and materials available to the ancient Egyptians, right on the lawn of the French National Polymer Physics Institute. The Incas, Aztecs, Toltecs, Olmecs, Mayans, Persians (Balbek), Phoenicians and Atlanteans all built using concrete too for that matter.

Go google and see for yourself.

The Luke
1.i dont see how teh bigfoot could continue to live inthe united states and not be a known species. a body would have been found by now. or bones. or something tangible. period. perhaps they survived up until the 60's then went extinct. chilcut is the footprint -dermal- ridges guy right? as much as id like to believe, we would have found a body by now.

2.what are your reasons for accepting plato's story as fact, and insisting the dates were accurate? also there have been countless 'amature scientists' who have claimed to have found atlantis in various places all over the world that 'completely match the descriptions'...what makes this guy right? there were civilizations lost to history but 'atlantis' itself began with plato's story, and it is either an account of the thera eruption or just a story

3.i havent much looked into the 'concrete' theory but here are some points
 -it says they quarried limestone then DISSOLVED it in water(?) and made a cement mixture out of it? how long does it take to dissolve a limestone block in water?
 -if it was poured concrete then why did they divide it into millions of blocks?
 -the 30 ton pink granite stones in the 'kings chamber' were not poured, how did they get there?
 -article says only the top levels were poured; this was almost 500ft tall, even if the top was poured, that still leaves several hundred feet to raise and place actual 2-ton+ limestone blocks

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
[u]Pyramids built of limestone, not concrete blocks[/u]
Egypt, Local, 10/12/2002

Egypt's Pyramids in Giza are built of limestone, not concrete blocks as a French chemist claimed recently, said Zahi Hawwas, Chairman of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.

In statements on Thursday, Hawwas said the quarry where the stones were brought from had been spotted 150 kilometers south of Cheops Pyramid.

"The French Chemist, Joseph David, has never visited Egypt neither has he ever seen the Pyramids,"
said Hawwas.

"His idea is an old one which he published in a book several years ago and did not distribute more than 1.000 copies," added Hawwas.

Hawwas believes that the French chemist reached this conclusion because the samples he worked on came from wrong renovation conducted in the past century on the exterior of the great pyramid's stones.

This method is now absolute, added Hawwas

not saying hes right or wrong in this particular case, but zahi hawass can always be counted on to not just reject, but make a mockery of absolutely any theory or scientist that dares to challenge orthodox egyptology's long-held 'facts'. the guy is as biased and stubborn as they come.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2007, 12:21:12 AM »
not saying hes right or wrong in this particular case, but zahi hawass can always be counted on to not just reject, but make a mockery of absolutely any theory or scientist that dares to challenge orthodox egyptology's long-held 'facts'. the guy is as biased and stubborn as they come.

I have to agree. Perhaps Hawass was not the best person to reference in this matter. ;)

* On the matter of concrete; I think everyone agrees, the Romans invented concrete in the 4th or 5th century. The use of concrete in the pyramids, would move this date back by approx 4,000 years. That's big.
a

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2007, 12:56:32 AM »
&mode=related&search=   ::)

the 2:225 stuff is actually interesting :)

If you weighted 1/6 of whhat you do now and had the same strength, it would be possible to do that on the low gravity environment of the moon. Look at his left arm, he is being supported and helped up by the other astronaut.

Imagine a wooden cross about the size of a person, weighing about 40lbs lying on the floor. You could quite easily grab that cross by its 'arm' and pick it up in a similar way to the video.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2007, 04:49:16 AM »
I have to agree. Perhaps Hawass was not the best person to reference in this matter. ;)

* On the matter on concrete; I think everyone agrees, the Romans invented concrete in the 4th or 5th century. The use of concrete in the pyramids, would move this date back by approx 4,500 years. That's big.

no, onlyme is big. that's big.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2007, 05:38:05 AM »
Do you honestly believe that we landed on the moon nearly 40 years ago Luke?

Why haven t we been there since or why haven t the russians or chinese been up there ever?

I dont buy it not for a second

Anyone whos interested check out the documentary over on alluc.org entitled "did we land on the moon"

as for the trade center everyone knows that was an inside job so they could gain public support for invading iraq and getting to the oil,irag has the second largest oil reserves in the world

It makes no sense economically to go to the moon.
These countries have never had the technology or resources to go to the moon let alone in 1969. The Russians couldn't even build reliable jetliners let alone rockets, lunar modules etc.. Iraq doesn't have the second largest oil reserves of oil either.
The House that Ruth built

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
I assume you have been on the moon?!?

there is no atmosphere on the moon..so stars should be VERY visible..

ever been out in the country on a clear nite where there is no light pollution and looked up?
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »
as for the pyramids..the great pyramid point EXACTLY to TRUE north not magnetic north...

even today thats a task thats hard to do and costs a lot of $ soo people dont do it as precisely ...they dont bother with it

somescientists believethat we r a species with amnesia...mayhap we were more advanced in the past..

gold replica toy planes at excavation sites have tested great in wind tunnels...explain that..?

the Nazco lines cannot be explained either <google nazca lines>
carpe` vaginum!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2007, 08:40:21 AM »

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »

ever been out in the country on a clear nite where there is no light pollution and looked up?

They weren't out on a clear "NIGHT."  They were on the mood during the moon's day period. 
The cameras used and exposure setting to allow visibility in the near field. 
There was the mega bright SUN beaming down on them......
If they would have set the exposure to see the stars, the astranauts would have been way to bright to see. 
I'm sure they didn't consider the need to 'prove' there were stars and set the exposure for that....especially considering you wouldn't have been able to see any of hte pertinant information up close. 

And, this is the dumbest argument imaginable.  As if in the midst of the greatest hoax in human history...someone just forgot to put little lights in the dark backdrop. 

I'm sure they spent the time to stage an entier moon landing, but just forgot to put the most prevelant objects in the sky there.....

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2007, 10:10:01 AM »
as for the pyramids..the great pyramid point EXACTLY to TRUE north not magnetic north...

even today thats a task thats hard to do and costs a lot of $ soo people dont do it as precisely ...they dont bother with it

somescientists believethat we r a species with amnesia...mayhap we were more advanced in the past..

gold replica toy planes at excavation sites have tested great in wind tunnels...explain that..?

the Nazco lines cannot be explained either <google nazca lines>

They seemed to be explained pretty easily here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »
Ya, the star issue is silly. Take a camera, focus on an object in the foreground. Magically the objects in the background become very distorted or disappear completely. Keep in mind the background objects (the stars) were billions of miles in the background. They were taking pictures of the guy on the moon, not the stars.

It was pointless and very expensive, but we went to the moon. Besides, if we didn't go to the moon, how do you explain Moon Pies? I mean legally, they would have to be called Earth Pies, if the guy didn't go to the moon and get the ingredients.
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2007, 10:31:41 AM »
"no evidence for orang pendek yet (unless you think as I do that it might be one in the same with the Hobbit Man Homo Floresiensis). Won't comment on Bigfoot so much as to say that they could easily go undiscovered for this long considering the habitats they prefer, the fingerprint evidence is conclusive (google Jimmy Chilcut) and that I spent my life savings chasing Squatch across north America and Canada.
   Guess I did comment."
------------------------------------

The former cop and certified nutjob? The Anthropologist, Archaeologist and Biologist, they got it wrong, the retired cop got it right. Negative sir.

There's nothing... not a bone, not a tooth, not a skull, no hair, nothing. I'd like to see Bigfoot, he's probably friendly, but it's not going to happen.
a

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2007, 10:38:53 AM »
Besides, if we didn't go to the moon, how do you explain Moon Pies? I mean legally, they would have to be called Earth Pies, if the guy didn't go to the moon and get the ingredients.

that was lame bro, but it made me laugh!   ;D

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »
Big ass UFO's with tractor beams came from another world and used their superior technology to build the pyramids to the amazment of all the primitive humans.

Everyones thinking it but no one wants to say it.
The answer is "yes".

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2007, 10:59:59 AM »
Thanks SM  :D
--------------

"3.i havent much looked into the 'concrete' theory but here are some points
 -it says they quarried limestone then DISSOLVED it in water(?) and made a cement mixture out of it? how long does it take to dissolve a limestone block in water?
 -if it was poured concrete then why did they divide it into millions of blocks?
 -the 30 ton pink granite stones in the 'kings chamber' were not poured, how did they get there?
 -article says only the top levels were poured; this was almost 500ft tall, even if the top was poured, that still leaves several hundred feet to raise and place actual 2-ton+ limestone blocks"
---------------------------

That confused me too. Even better, can you imagine the conversation that took place when some guy had the idea:

Boss: "Hey you workers, we're going to take these blocks of limestone, dissolve them, and then make the mixture into blocks of limestone.

Worker: "OK jackass, whatever you say."
a

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »
Boss: "Hey you workers, we're going to take these blocks of limestone, dissolve them, and then make the mixture into blocks of limestone.

Worker: "OK jackass, whatever you say."

LMFAO!!!

Master Blaster

« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2007, 01:45:39 PM »

Are you just joking around or are you really that stupid?  :-\

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »
Not sure scientific answers are useful here, as most of you guys obviously "never bin much fur buck lernin'!".

But here goes:

1)   It is pretty much impossible to dissolve limestone quickly without powerful acids... what dem der Egyptians did was to super heat blocks of limestone in bellow fed blast ovens/furnaces (mud brick ovens with foot operated leather bellows) producing lime.

The LIME was then mixed with water and sand to make a crude concrete... voila: Pyramids!

2)   No anthropologist or academic believes in the existence of Bigfoot and/or other relict hominids?

I'd better pass this breaking news on to Dr Jeff Meldrum at Idaho State University; and other anthropologists such as Dr Myra Shackley... not to mention all the other academics who won't come forward publicly, I've been on expedition with several of them.

You guys all need to get some edumacation.

The Luke

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2007, 03:36:20 PM »
Hold everything!  The Luke, you're not the same guy who posted here approximately 1.5 years ago that...

- Is 30 years old and lives at home with his parents
- Travels around Europe looking for the holy grail
- Thinks the goverment, is hiding DaVinci's machine that turns lead into gold

...you're not that guy, are you?

"Dr" Jeff Meldrum http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/meldrum/  ;D
a

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2007, 04:27:12 PM »
Hold everything!  The Luke, you're not the same guy who posted here approximately 1.5 years ago that...

- Thinks the goverment, is hiding DaVinci's machine, that turns lead into gold

Dr Jeff Meldrum http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/meldrum/  ;D

tommy your brutal in this thread.  :D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2007, 05:01:30 PM »
Found it   :-\

Re: What are the rules for the 225lbx113 deadlift?
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2006, 02:29:49 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Yeah, I live at home.... with my parents... in a $1.2 million home.

-Yeah, I don't have a job... I save my money and take several months holiday each year, haven't had to work since July. Probably won't work again till February.

-Yeah, I hunt for Bigfoot in my spare time... in the last year I've been on expeditions to Wisconsin, Washington state and British Columbia, I've been interviewed in the Wisconsin Bee newspaper, on Wisconsin Public Radio and on SpinFM back here in Dublin. I turned down a tv spot on Good Morning America. I've also been treasure hunting in Southern France, scouting all the sites associated with the RleC mystery and doing some exploratory digging in the Valley of Death behind Perillos castle. I'm an amateur Indiana Jones of sorts.

-Not all of us wanted to be internet trolls when we grew up.

-Hiding behind an online persona and ripping on your betters: Monster accomplishment.

-The "Living the Dream" Luke
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
a

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »
Found it   :-\

Re: What are the rules for the 225lbx113 deadlift?
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2006, 02:29:49 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Yeah, I live at home.... with my parents... in a $1.2 million home.

-Yeah, I don't have a job... I save my money and take several months holiday each year, haven't had to work since July. Probably won't work again till February.

-Yeah, I hunt for Bigfoot in my spare time... in the last year I've been on expeditions to Wisconsin, Washington state and British Columbia, I've been interviewed in the Wisconsin Bee newspaper, on Wisconsin Public Radio and on SpinFM back here in Dublin. I turned down a tv spot on Good Morning America. I've also been treasure hunting in Southern France, scouting all the sites associated with the RleC mystery and doing some exploratory digging in the Valley of Death behind Perillos castle. I'm an amateur Indiana Jones of sorts.

-Not all of us wanted to be internet trolls when we grew up.

-Hiding behind an online persona and ripping on your betters: Monster accomplishment.

-The "Living the Dream" Luke
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't quite understand the need for hyperbole on the internet in regards to one's assets......

All you have for worth here is your intellectual abilities.....property, wealth, assets...doesn't mean anything on the net. 

The Luke may be a booger eatin' loser in his parent's basement.  (in fact, that is the most likely situation given all things known about him)   But, he's the only one here making intelligent comments. 

It's dreadfully boring when turd droppings post as authority figures on issues they have no knowledge about. 
Shit like "why couldn't you see the stars?  You can see them on EARTH at NIGHT"  When the explaination is shitfully obvious if you know anything about the situation the photos were taken under, is laughably stupid.

One will never cease to be in amazement upon understanding of the common man's ignorance. 

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2007, 05:59:57 PM »

- Thinks the goverment, is hiding DaVinci's machine that turns lead into gold

Yes, I am that guy... I don't know where you got the bit about the government (which goverNment?) hiding a metal transmutation machine (first I've ever heard of such a thing)... but everything else is pretty much accurate.

Just for the record, just about everyone living in Dublin (Ireland) lives at home till they're in their forties these days... cramped one bedroom apartments average about $500,000 over here, and I probably pay more in rent to my parents than most of you guys are paying on a mortgage. Considering these extenuating circumstances I'm technically a loser... that's two steps up from the pathetic loser you guys seem to wish me to be (presumably because my posts made sense).

The Luke