Author Topic: WHAT CRACKS ME UP ABOUT 240 & THE CONSPIRACY BOARD  (Read 1398 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
WHAT CRACKS ME UP ABOUT 240 & THE CONSPIRACY BOARD
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:22:50 PM »

I see threads about the so-called powerful (like the Waltons), but I never see any threads about the people who really wield power.

maybe it's b/c 240 likes to get his angels and demons second-hand from some retailer on the internet.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Re: WHAT CRACKS ME UP ABOUT 240 & THE CONSPIRACY BOARD
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
Who really has the power. Rothschilds? Duponts? The fuggin' Church?

It's my opinion that there's got to be some players out there with wealth that makes Bill Gates look destitute. It just doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »
Who really has the power. Rothschilds? Duponts? The fuggin' Church?

It's my opinion that there's got to be some players out there with wealth that makes Bill Gates look destitute. It just doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be.

the DuPonts are obviously very wealthy, but their clout doesn't go much further than what's easily visible. 

the Rothschilds are obviously very influential, but there are giants bigger even than them . . .

the Church is obviously quite powerful . . . but again, not the biggest player by far.

there are people in the US whose names we are aware of, but no attention is paid to the power they wield . . . find it quite mind-boggling.  there are private individuals (not named Bill Gates) who could upset Microsoft as easily as a toy boat if they wanted . . . obviously they won't, b/c the result would be catastrophic for everyone . . . but there is that much power concentrated in individual hands in our country.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »
I see threads about the so-called powerful (like the Waltons), but I never see any threads about the people who really wield power.

maybe it's b/c 240 likes to get his angels and demons second-hand from some retailer on the internet.

So according to you the Walton family doesn't wield any true power or influence?

Come to think about it, you're probably right. Why would the family that controls 39% of the stock to the largest and most powerful retail chain in the world have any real power or influence. That makes perfect sense.

Were you drinking or drugging today?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
So according to you the Walton family doesn't wield any true power or influence?

Come to think about it, you're probably right. Why would the family that controls 39% of the stock to the largest and most powerful retail chain in the world have any real power or influence. That makes perfect sense.

Were you drinking or drugging today?

1. 39% is worth a lot of money, but it's not a controlling interest.

2. power is relative . . . and compared to what the big boys have, 39% of Wal-Mart split among a family is not a lot.

hth.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

2. power is relative . . . and compared to what the big boys have, 39% of Wal-Mart split among a family is not a lot.

hth.

This is correct. He is thinking in terms of Billions. It's likely there are Trillionaire consortiums in existence.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 03:49:49 PM »
This is correct. He is thinking in terms of Billions. It's likely there are Trillionaire consortiums in existence.

the U.A.E. sovereign wealth fund . . .

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »

hth.

Of course it's a lot, it's more than $16 billion for each family member. In anyone's world that is absolute wealth. They might not own a majority but 39% is more than enough to influence the board.

The thing you seem to gloss over is the fact that the Walton family owns that 39% in the single most powerful retail establishment on the planet. Walmart is so large and so influential that it effects and controls commerce in every state in the union and many countries outside of North America.

Walmart is almost single handedly responsible for China's incredible economic growth and rise to power.

To denounce the Walton family's power and influence is foolhardy.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »
Of course it's a lot, it's more than $16 billion for each family member. In anyone's world that is absolute wealth. They might not own a majority but 39% is more than enough to influence the board.

The thing you seem to gloss over is the fact that the Walton family owns that 39% in the single most powerful retail establishment on the planet. Walmart is so large and so influential that it effects and controls commerce in every state in the union and many countries outside of North America.

Walmart almost single handedly spurned China's incredible economic growth and rise to power.

To denounce the Walton family's power and influence is foolhardy.

Oh, I'm sure like Readon Metal says, there are people who are worth much more than Bill Gates......we just don't know about them.  ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 04:38:23 PM »

Oh, I'm sure like Readon Metal says, there are people who are worth much more than Bill Gates......we just don't know about them.  ::)

Only one person is richer than Gates. He is Mexican, I can't remember his name.
E

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »

carlos slim helu.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 05:30:39 PM »

I bet Beach Bum is wondering what his "income" is....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

Danielson, what you're referring to is "legal" wealth. On the books kind of wealth.
There are many more whose wealth is "off-the-books" and who would indeed make Gates look like a pauper.
w

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 08:49:36 AM »
Danielson, what you're referring to is "legal" wealth. On the books kind of wealth.
There are many more whose wealth is "off-the-books" and who would indeed make Gates look like a pauper.

Correct, and we're not talking drug lords. No, we're talking about multi-generational silent trusts of land ownership and shadow investments, on top of legitimate business. Organized, patient wealth.

Whether or not there's a devious plot or not, 60 Billion or so isn't close to the wealthiest men.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »

there are people in the US whose names we are aware of, but no attention is paid to the power they wield . . . find it quite mind-boggling.  there are private individuals (not named Bill Gates) who could upset Microsoft as easily as a toy boat if they wanted . . . obviously they won't, b/c the result would be catastrophic for everyone . . . but there is that much power concentrated in individual hands in our country.

I think the concept of wealthy, secret societies running the world is interesting, but utterly preposterous.

Remember a few years ago when Microsoft tried to throw around virtually non-existent political clout during various anti-trust hearings around the world?

The power that the politically active wealthy wield is not contingent so much on their bank account balances as it is their ability to institute the shared philosophy of large segments of the population.
In terms of influence, the difference between a billionaire and a trillionaire would be negligible.

Just look at China and Russia. Sure, corporations can influence policies, but at the end of the day, big business is playing the government's game.

The truth of the matter is that the power the politically active wield  doesn't have much to do with a simple