Author Topic: Putin powerful statement  (Read 1063 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Putin powerful statement
« on: October 16, 2007, 04:15:23 AM »
Putin:
"NONE of the caspian sea 5 states would allow their soil to be used for stagin areas for war"

What are the 5 states? Would this affect attacking Iran or anywhere else?  NBC is making a big deal of it for some reason.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Putin powerful statement
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:04:33 AM »
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Russian leader Vladimir Putin met his Iranian counterpart Tuesday and implicitly warned the U.S. not to use a former Soviet republic to stage an attack on Iran. He also said nations shouldn't pursue oil pipeline projects in the area if they weren't backed by regional powers.
At a summit of the five nations that border the inland Caspian Sea, Putin said none of the nations' territory should be used by any outside countries for use of military force against any nation in the region. It was a clear reference to long-standing rumors that the U.S. was planning to use Azerbaijan, a former Soviet republic, as a staging ground for any possible military action against Iran.
We are saying that no Caspian nation should offer its territory to third powers for use of force or military aggression against any Caspian state," Putin said.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also underlined the need to keep outsiders away from the Caspian.
All Caspian nations agree on the main issue - that all aspects related to this sea must be settled exclusively by littoral nations," he said. "The Caspian Sea is an inland sea and it only belongs to the Caspian states, therefore only they are entitled to have their ships and military forces here."

The legal status of the Caspian - believed to contain the world's third-largest energy reserves - has been in limbo since the 1991 Soviet collapse, leading to tension and conflicting claims to seabed oil deposits.

Iran, which shared the Caspian's resources equally with the Soviet Union, insists that each coastal nation receive an equal portion of the seabed. Russia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan want the division based on the length of each nation's shoreline, which would give Iran a smaller share.

It really depends on what the former Republics want to do. We have had talks with each of them about the pipeline. It depends on if they want to piss off Russia or not. Kazakstan was one of the first nations to split from the Sov's. We have troops in Georgia and train their military, so its possibel that another group would like to get cozy with us.

L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:31 AM »
Putin:
"NONE of the caspian sea 5 states would allow their soil to be used for stagin areas for war"

What are the 5 states? Would this affect attacking Iran or anywhere else?  NBC is making a big deal of it for some reason.
of course, it is a dirrect warning not to attack Iran

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »
of course, it is a dirrect warning not to attack Iran

the whole world thinks we're about to do it.

it's either the greatest bluff in history, or we're about to start another war.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »
the whole world thinks we're about to do it.

it's either the greatest bluff in history, or we're about to start another war.

Yeah but wars need a catalyst, unless you see an american ship being sunk off the coast of iran or something I don't see an attack happening. We can't just randomly start launching missles. Can we?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »
Yeah but wars need a catalyst, unless you see an american ship being sunk off the coast of iran or something I don't see an attack happening. We can't just randomly start launching missles. Can we?

congress voted 75 to 22 (something like that) to approve Bush's request to call the iranian military a terrorist organization.

Under bush doctrine, we pre-emptively hit any groups that we define as terrorists.

As far as I can see, it's a done deal - just a matter of when. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 11:30:02 AM »
Yeah but wars need a catalyst, unless you see an american ship being sunk off the coast of iran FASLE FLAG OP or something I don't see an attack happening. We can't just randomly start launching missles. Can we?
DING DING DING...  We have a winner... and yes, Bush could just randomly launch missiles with his policy of preemption and Congress having already declared parts of Iran's military a terrorist organization.  The pieces have been put into place...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »
congress voted 75 to 22 (something like that) to approve Bush's request to call the iranian military a terrorist organization.

Under bush doctrine, we pre-emptively hit any groups that we define as terrorists.

As far as I can see, it's a done deal - just a matter of when. 
lol, my post was almost the same without reading yours before I posted.  I think the moves are pretty obvious.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »
Oh fuck I didn't realize the whole "Iran's military is a terrorist org" angle till just now. Fuck.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »
We'll see....its been quiet the last few weeks. The Kurd/Turkey thing will need to be sorted out before we do anything.
L