Author Topic: HOW MANY REPS WOULD YOU SAY A STRONG OFFENSIVE LINEMAN COULD BENCH WITH 315????  (Read 11069 times)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Id say meso could do it, no idea why squad doubts this, its not as if we are talkin about 400lbs here.....Its not superhuman to bench 315......i cant do it, but i dont look half as strong as meso does, so give the guy a break!

I don't understand why people respond to the guy. He posts only to irritate.

Good lifts Meso. I can manage about the same (13-16 per chest day) but am 20 pounds heavier. At your weight I think 10 was my limit. It has been awhile though.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i'd guess around 10. maybe more.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
smith machine--last time for reps 18, most i've done is 25 (juiced and going for speed)
standard flat bench---last time for reps 12, and dont really know how many I could do now...I just use 315 as a prep for heavier shit now.

the thing between lifters nad football players is all we do is train to lift..they train for ball. I'm sure they could do a shitload more if they were solely lifters and traing for that.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
prove it, post a picture. :D

So, what, are you saying your bf is below 20%? Can you see your abs?

Etrain

• Getbig II
smith machine--last time for reps 18, most i've done is 25 (juiced and going for speed)
standard flat bench---last time for reps 12, and dont really know how many I could do now...I just use 315 as a prep for heavier shit now.

the thing between lifters nad football players is all we do is train to lift..they train for ball. I'm sure they could do a shitload more if they were solely lifters and traing for that.

Good point. . .I was going to say, I bet there are a load of high level offensive LM that can't bench shit. . .what does benching have to do with standing on your feet and taking a hit for F**K sakes. . .
I don't play ball but hey, you guys that do, put in your .02 . . . and I don't mean you guys playing pickup.  top level amateurs and pros. . .then we can get some numbers :)
man, I think I might get flamed. .is that how you spell that? ;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Good point. . .I was going to say, I bet there are a load of high level offensive LM that can't bench shit. . .what does benching have to do with standing on your feet and taking a hit for F**K sakes. . .
I don't play ball but hey, you guys that do, put in your .02 . . . and I don't mean you guys playing pickup.  top level amateurs and pros. . .then we can get some numbers :)
man, I think I might get flamed. .is that how you spell that? ;)

::) that's why monsters like Phil Heath and Jeremy Freeman were getting the same amount of reps with 225 that the top OL get at the NFL Combine at that stupid Muscletech bench contest at the Olympia last year.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
they can get much more than 45 reps with 225. you dont think they get stronger after their rookie season combine numbers, dave?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
they can get much more than 45 reps with 225. you dont think they get stronger after their rookie season combine numbers, dave?
how do you explain Phil Heath getting only 46 and a 300 pound bodybuilder like Freeman getting only 52? these guys live to lift weights.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Justin is one strong mofo, but I don't count those as complete reps.  Im betting he could probably actually come close to 29 full reps, he most likely just uses the short range of motion to keep a better pump.

im sure he really cares what you think, stiff.
b

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Judging by Meso's pic's My bet is on him. Meso is packing good muscle there. I am sure he can do 15 reps, with his adrenals running high he could do it. The most I have done is 12 reps with it at 6'2 around 220 pounds.
    Squad............there is no way in hell you are packing the same amount of muscle as Meso- you really are delusional. You are a little fatman, and the pictures you keep posting just prove it time and, again. You really need to get to the gym and, workout fatman. ;D
h

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
i didn't avoid it, he claimed he can do 15 reps with 315 on the bench and i called him on it then he came back and said i'll bet you i can do 10, the bet is for 15 reps not 10.

.. i said...
my best bench was 15 reps with 315...
never said i did that routinely... all time best..
does coleman deadlift 800 or squatt 800 every workout
you said i look like i can only do 10 with 250...
so why are u scared to bet on me doin no less than 10 reps with 315...
?
.... i am benching on next tuesday and i will personally try post the vid of set with 315... at some point next week
for people who are genuinely interested in training ...
choice is an illusion

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
200 lean at 5'11" would be able to get 4-6 at most.

Eric2

• Getbig IV

Where do you come up with this? ::)
h

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
I'd say 15-18 sounds about right for a 280lb lineman.  Training high reps is a different workout than lifting heavy alone.  I know guys that only can get 315 6 times, but can hit 405 for 4.  They don't train for reps, just getting the tendons warm and used to heavy weights.
\

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
according to whose rules?
should i be able to do dips with 4 plates
5 plates..
315 barbell rows..
please tell me what else i should be capable of

choice is an illusion

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
according to whose rules?
should i be able to do dips with 4 plates
5 plates..
315 barbell rows..
please tell me what else i should be capable of

you should be capable swatting squadfatters lips off your nuts.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
   Where do you come up with this? ::)

Subjective observation.  :o

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Subjective observation.  :o

In other words.............." I just pulled it outta' my ass 'cause I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about".
    200 lean at 5'11" and you come up with 4-6 at most? what if he where 5'11 and 1/2"? Do we add a rep? You are a fucking rocket scientist.
    There is no correlation to his height and weight to what he can bench here.

h

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com

I am 5'10" 190lbs, I can get 4-5 (crappy reps) without a spotter..and I know that I am not strong.

Meso is way stronger than me so 10+ reps sound around right for him
Here comes the money shot

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II

i think i would squeeze out more then one rep in one of these asses.

bahahahahahahahahaa
El Borracho Blake

Etrain

• Getbig II
.. i said...
my best bench was 15 reps with 315...
never said i did that routinely... all time best..
does coleman deadlift 800 or squatt 800 every workout
you said i look like i can only do 10 with 250...
so why are u scared to bet on me doin no less than 10 reps with 315...
?
.... i am benching on next tuesday and i will personally try post the vid of set with 315... at some point next week
for people who are genuinely interested in training ...

I will like to watch the vid. . competition makes everyone lift more for sure. Maybe some of us will have a go after we see it!   You will have to wait a couple months so that I can start training full out again but I am up for a 315 for at least 12 I will try for 15 though as this number seems to get some people excited on here;). . .I should be around 220 lb at 5'9.
Lets call it the "getbig king of 315 comp"
 You have to prove the weights are real (I don't know, put each one on a scale before it goes on the bar?)
and your spotter (if you have one, I don't use one for 315 unless going for a max eff) can't touch the bar at all. .not even "majic fingers"
Anyone interested, post up and let it be known and maybe make it official or something.
Etrain