Author Topic: HOW MANY REPS WOULD YOU SAY A STRONG OFFENSIVE LINEMAN COULD BENCH WITH 315????  (Read 11060 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
no disrespect man...
im benching next week tuesday i wll record and post my set with 315... for sure definetly
choice is an illusion

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
no he didn't.

he bounced it off his chest, and he was doing half ass reps at a fast speed. he claimed he did 57. They did not showed the entire clip of him doing it, though
Get Big, or Die Trying

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
I've seen guys doing 225lbs very rapidly and able to do reps in the 30's, but I don't count these as full reps.
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
HE did 27 you asshat.  Check it out.

http://exercise-reports.blogharbor.com/blog/FamousWorkouts/_archives/2005/1/12/239337.html

that was in 2000. that's 7 years ago dumbass. he's bigger and stronger now.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
im not a world class bencher and im not lieing i have done.. 15.. once and once only...
no need to...

my younger brother by 2 yrs we look identical.. does if for 6 7 reps...

I didn't realize we were referring to mesomorph78.......he's a good dude with a great build, if I was bettin man I'd wager that he could do it.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!

that was in 2000. that's 7 years ago dumbass. he's bigger and stronger now.

Yep, more than twice as strong ::) 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
if any 200 pound guy on this site could do 315 for 15 reps it would be Meso. Shit, he does dips with 4 plates around his waist.

8)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
I just looked at the stats from the 2007 NFL combine.  The most anyone did on bench was 40 reps.  That was a 300+ pound offensive lineman.  No way in hell Urlacher ever did 57, more than twice as many as he did at the 2000 NFL combine.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Here are some good ones!

is this true.. :o
Musclemag oct98

By Terry Adams
Iron Haven Gym
Alberton
Prince Edward Island

One of the highlights of the Arnold Classic 98 was the "bench press" challenge by Jimmy"Iron Bull" Pellechia.Ronnie Coleman took up the challenge and benched 225 pounds for a total of 79 reps as compared to jimmy's 59 reps!Even more impressive is the fact that Ronnie put in a heavy chest workout just a day before at World Gym.I watched him do incline bench press with 6 plates for 8 reps followed by benches with 8 plated for 8 reps.This effort had to have weakened him somewhat for the bench press contest the next day.You cant trully appreciate the size and shape of Ronnie Coleman unless u meet him in person.

Doing that is many reps with 225 is not out of the question in fact I would expect him to do at least that many.  Most serious lifters in Hawaii know who Francis Silva is (known as coach) and he did an exhibition a few years ago at Windward Mall and did 225 for 70 reps.  He is 5'5" around 240 or so.  I always did my finishing set with 225 and did 40 to 50 reps and that was after a full bench workout.  Thats actually I measure my strength.  I can barely do 30 reps now so I know I am very weak compared to what I was.
just push some weight!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Come on guys, a strong 200 lb guy can rep out 315 like cake. . .seen it many times.    You don't even have to be a bench monster.  I have been able to do 315 for 12 forever with only a bit of concentration on bench training to make it happen.  Not going to call it perfect reps but when you see the nfl guys do it. .that is sloppy bouncing shit and you could call my reps pristine in comparison:)
You did say 5'11 so that will make his arms longer but in any case, I think it is easily achievable.

How much do you weigh?

Ahmad

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
This is Justin Harris benching 315 for 29 reps at a BW below 280lbs.

Wanocki

• Getbig II
the strongest lineman you see at the NFL combine typically get 45 reps or so with 225 so i'd gues sthat would equal like 18 or so with 315.

Actually most average somewhere between 27-34 reps from waht i've seen.  Larry Brown got 45 at the pro bowl a couple years ago.  The combine record is 45 reps done by Mike Kudla like two years ago, he was cut by the Steelers.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
This is Justin Harris benching 315 for 29 reps at a BW below 280lbs.

Justin is one strong mofo, but I don't count those as complete reps.  Im betting he could probably actually come close to 29 full reps, he most likely just uses the short range of motion to keep a better pump.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
Evander Holyfield does 365 for 10 at a BW of 210, so i def believe these NFL guys can do what they claim

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Evander Holyfield does 365 for 10 at a BW of 210, so i def believe these NFL guys can do what they claim
say what?

is there actually any proof of this claim?

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
mesmorph claims he can do 15 with 315 at 200 bwt and 5'11" and shit i'd say if he can do 15 UNASSISTED that would mean he could squeeze out 20 with a couple of fingers on the bar.
Dude ..What differance does it make ? Even if you can lift more than that ? It wouldn't matter ... As smart as you claim to be ?? You just don't get it ?
 Are what you doing,working for you ? Absolutely not... You're this powerful man that lifts mountains...But....You're a hairy fatalian.. that look's like he hasn't stepped in a gym in years ...

Dude ..You suck and your posts are no good....Every post is about a claim someone else made ...

MoralMan

• Getbig III
say what?

is there actually any proof of this claim?

It was on fightnews.com during the build up coverage of his fight last weekend, which he lost.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
It was on fightnews.com during the build up coverage of his fight last weekend, which he lost.
he said it or they filmed it?

MoralMan

• Getbig III
It was an article about his training and says hes hitting the weights and can benhc 365 for 10. Havent seen an actual video

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
It was an article about his training and says hes hitting the weights and can benhc 365 for 10. Havent seen an actual video

One thing you must understand is that announcers and sports writers always make ridiculous claims about how much star athletes can lift.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

AAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!   Evander couldn't put up 265 for 6 at 210lbs.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
AAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!   Evander couldn't put up 265 for 6 at 210lbs.

evander just got his ass kicked too. half eared freak doens't know when to quit does he?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
evander just got his ass kicked too. half eared freak doens't know when to quit does he?

That guy in Russia beat him?  No big surprise really.

Geez, I hope he fucking hangs them up already, it's painful to watch him plod on

Isn't he under investigation for recieving a package?

MoralMan

• Getbig III
I bet a guy like Wlad Klitschko can push some weight