Author Topic: People who curl at the Squat rack are...  (Read 7692 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
People who curl at the Squat rack are...
« on: October 16, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »
Damn right... do what you like were ever you like... go squat somewhere else Gloria.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
Re: People who curl at the Squat rack are...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
maybe they like to superset with squats?  ???
!

Master Blaster

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »
Damn right... do what you like were ever you like... go squat somewhere else Gloria.

Hahahaha, I would rip it out of their hand and call him "spagetti tarzan". A blow to the chin for my final working set.  8)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

Agreed, have to at least be curling with 45's on each side though.  Otherwise gay

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »
never understood what's so hard about just loading your massive 100-135 pound barbell on the floor and just lifting it from there.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 12:51:38 PM »
Guilty as charged.

The reason being that the arm area is always PACKED with 22 year old dildos that train nothing but arms, while all the squat racks tend to be free....go figure :P

I occasionally amble over there to make them feel shitty ;D

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 12:53:06 PM »
I like to squat at the preacher curl rack

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »

hahahahahhaa, have you ever seen these dildos who try to squat in the standing calf machine? i've seen two douchebags in the last couple of weeks doing that.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
hahahahahhaa, have you ever seen these dildos who try to squat in the standing calf machine? i've seen two douchebags in the last couple of weeks doing that.
ROFLMAO.....

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »

Are you making that up?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »

AAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »
Are you making that up?
totally serious, they set the pads low enough to where they can do a quarter squat or so and proceed to bang out quarter squats, not kidding at all.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »

I've seen that only once, but what I normally see is about 95% of gym members that think the standing calf raise is a modified pogostick.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
totally serious, they set the pads low enough to where they can do a quarter squat or so and proceed to bang out quarter squats, not kidding at all.

At my gym they use the 45 degree calf and rotary calf for hack squats and leg presses.  Good stuff.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 01:10:23 PM »
I've seen that only once, but what I normally see is about 95% of gym members that think the standing calf raise is a modified pogostick.
hahahaha, i love the guys who lean into the hack squat pad and do "calf raises" on the flat platform not getting any stretch at all.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
UNLESS YOUR ASS IS CURLING A WHEEL OR BETTER ON EACH SIDE, GO TAKE UP SPACE SOMEWHERE ELSE! There's a limitied number of squat racks and cages and you damn sure don't need safety bars curling a barbell with a quarter piece on each side. If you do, you're not curling the weight to begin with. SHould be a fucking rule in most gyms. Yesterday is a perfect example. There are loads of PRELOADED barbells with weihgts marked on them for work in 5lb increments where I train...and when I got into the gym yesterday...all the squat racks and cages were full...3 people fucking curling and anotehr doing god knows what! Something the dude called a jump row. Look you want to make up your own exercises, do that shit at the YMCA where no one will know any different.  >:( >:( I'm ranting because this dude took 30 minutes TO DO TWO SETS OF BARBELL CURLS INT HE SQUAT RACK! 30 minutes for two sets. I finally asked him if he'd mind stepping out of the way between his 15 minute rests so I could get a workout in and he said he had one more drop set to do. Clown....took  every 2.5 inch weight he could find to make the bar look LOADED DOWN and striped them one rep at a time.

COME ON PEOPLE!  >:( >:(

;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »
i think i saw a pro squating in a calf raise machine in a video.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 01:15:53 PM »
i think i saw a pro squating in a calf raise machine in a video.

"Raising the bar 2"

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 01:25:17 PM »
I pull a flat bench into the squat rack for benching.  screw those leg training busters, son

-Mad Nickels
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »

I don't often go to the gym when there are people there. I hit it at night and rarely see idiots like that lol.

I can't handle people working 60 different bodyparts in 20 minutes. Going from curls then to squats then one arm rows. Then they try and talk to you when you are doing an exercise next to them and try to give advice.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »
hahahaha, i love the guys who lean into the hack squat pad and do "calf raises" on the flat platform not getting any stretch at all.

People will do anything to avoid the actual exercise.   

The other day I saw a pack of four 5'6" 155lb mexicans all taking turns performing alt db curls.   Nothing weird about that except each mexican takin his turn would grab the 60lb dbs while the other 3 mexicans would spot him for brutal sets of 3-4 reps.....they did this for about 30 minutes.  Two mexicans would each spot an arm while the 3rd stood in front of the mexican curling and yell "pusssy" at him.   It didn't see a single complete rep in the entire half hour.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 01:29:35 PM »
People will do anything to avoid the actual exercise.   

The other day I saw a pack of four 5'6" 155lb mexicans all taking turns performing alt db curls.   Nothing weird about that except each mexican takin his turn would grab the 60lb dbs while the other 3 mexicans would spot him for brutal sets of 3-4 reps.....they did this for about 30 minutes.  Two mexicans would each spot an arm while the 3rd stood in front of the mexican curling and yell "pusssy" at him.   It didn't see a single complete rep in the entire half hour.
hahahahah, you should have called INS on them. ;D

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »

ive seen dips at.....

the assisted pull up station

and

the 45degree back extension

AWESOME.....

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 02:02:02 PM »
What's even better is when these pros do behind the back wrist curls in the squats rack...   >:(

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 02:04:39 PM »

I've seen this dozens of times at my gym.  I am pretty sure one idiot started it and everybody saw him do this and now they do it too.  I guess they don't want their shoulders or traps to hurt from the bar.  Some other weird shit I've seen:

1.  Attempts at using the hack squat machine for shrugs and shoulder presses (upside down shoudler presses once!)
2.  Smith machine vertical rows (I just don't see the point at all)
3.  pushups with feet on one bench and hands on another bench
4.  putting the weight stack on the lat pull down machine to the max and then doing pull ups
5.  cable flies while laying down on a bench