Author Topic: Diva Dog...  (Read 1185 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Diva Dog...
« on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:22 AM »
Pit Bull On Wheels.

Hit by a car and left permanently paralyzed, DIVA DOG is the true story of Coral – a pit bull on wheels with a heart of gold and a triumphant will to live. Now she is starring in her very own movie, "DIVA DOG: PIT BULL ON WHEELS." Starring Debra Wilson, Linda Blair, Kelli McCarty, Jordan Ladd, Adrienne Frantz, James Madio, Amelia Kinkade, Tamar Geller, Eric Martsolf & Barbie Orr. DIVA DOG's mission is to bring a good pit bull role model to the public and to educate people about the options for disabled animals. Come on in and get to know Coral, Pit Bull Ambassador and Official Spokesdog for Disabled Animals Everywhere!!!

temper35

• Getbig III
Re: Diva Dog...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:29 AM »
Sounds like a great story and all, but I just have a problem with those kinds of situations.  That dog can't be happy.  I mean, if he is in no pain at all, then I guess it isn't so bad.  I just hate when owners can't let go.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:27:14 AM »
Sounds like a great story and all, but I just have a problem with those kinds of situations.  That dog can't be happy.  I mean, if he is in no pain at all, then I guess it isn't so bad.  I just hate when owners can't let go.

yeah it is a great story. coral was a rescue dog from nj where she was abused, badly beaten and locked in a closet. i think she was 11 when she died so that was about 9 years after she was rescued and 4 years after her accident. in this case i think she was pretty happy because she was lucky enough to go to the right owner. from what i have read in articles and seen in the movie she was very well taken care of and still kept a pretty active lifestyle considering her disability.

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
Wow. I've never seen a dog wheel chair before. She does look happy in those youtube clips from the movie.

Are most dogs that get paralyzed like that usually put to sleep?