Author Topic: Special bodybuilding magazine issues  (Read 3324 times)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Special bodybuilding magazine issues
« on: October 18, 2007, 08:53:20 PM »
Ok, at the moment there's 'Arnold special' out (MuscleMag) and Lee Haney special (FLEX).

In few years, or maybe sooner, I see those magazines printing Ronnie Coleman specials.

I don't think Jay will ever get special issues, just like for example Chris Dickerson hasn't. He will go down as one of the least impressive 'in between' Olympias before the next freak takes over (Wolf/Martinez etc.)

Discuss

dragonheart

• Getbig III
Re: Special issues
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »
agreed

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »
Honestly I think Zane should get a Flex special issue i'd pick it up. Zane would look awesome in that pose where he has his two arms up in the air on the cover!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »
Honestly I think Zane should get a Flex special issue i'd pick it up. Zane would look awesome in that pose where he has his two arms up in the air on the cover!

Taking the level of competition at the time, Zane was more impressive/memorable than Cutler.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »
How many Arnold specials are they going to put out.  Personally I think they should have more Haney specials.  He is a legend as well.  Every month it seems someone has an Arnold special.

I don't think Wolf/Martinez are going to take over.

Maybe Jay winning was a good thing.  He's so horrible they are going to HAVE to go back to decent looking physiques or else they are going to REALLY go the way of Female Bodybuilding.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 09:40:23 PM »
you say that but ive never seen a yates special either and most people on here are always saying how great he was

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 09:44:31 PM »
WHY!!!!! FUCKEN WETBACK ZANE WAS SMALLER THAN MOST WOMEN BODYBUILDERS!!!!!!!! FUCK HIM
i

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:09 PM »
I don't think Wolf/Martinez are going to take over.

Ok, who will?

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 09:51:20 PM »
Ok, who will?

I don't know.  Someone may do a Ronnie and go from 10th place to first place.  NOBODY saw that coming. 

I'd go with Dexter Jackson before Wolf or Martinez.

I just don't think Martinez is the direction in which the sport needs to go.  Going by these 3 week since the contest pics...he is no better than Jay.  The same things that everyone complains about with Jay are the same things I see wrong with Martinez.

Wolf...I need to see some more of him in action.  But something about him is off. I don't know what it is.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Special bodybuilding magazine issues
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
I wanted to buy a magazine to read on the train..the prices scared me way

Flex is like $8
Muscle Mag is like $9

why would any one buy them?

Here comes the money shot

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »
Wolf...I need to see some more of him in action.  But something about him is off. I don't know what it is.

Looks better than Jay already IMO. Dude's young, if he can improve he could be unbeatable.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:03 PM »
Oh yeah, internet is so killing those magazines. I remember when I heard Mr. O results from my friends and then had to wait weeks to see photos.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 09:58:32 PM »
Looks better than Jay already IMO. Dude's young, if he can improve he could be unbeatable.

I think he looks better than Jay too.  I just need to see more of him.  I am really curious to see what's going to happen at the Arnold next year.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
I think he looks better than Jay too.  I just need to see more of him.  I am really curious to see what's going to happen at the Arnold next year.

Wolf's doing Arnold? Hmm... may be better to just wait for the O, but I guess he's itching to make 100k

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 04:54:41 AM »
Wolf's doing Arnold? Hmm... may be better to just wait for the O, but I guess he's itching to make 100k

Actually I am not sure if he is doing the Arnold.  I hope so.  I think he needs to in order to get his name out there more, and increase his visibility. 

These guys should do more than 1 show a year.  Knowing how the IFBB is about dues paying and politics...you can't be new on the scene and do one show a year.  Even Jay competed in the Arnold.  Back in the 1990's some of the top guys were doing more than 1 show a year.  You should be required too.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 06:10:15 AM »
Ok, at the moment there's 'Arnold special' out (MuscleMag) and Lee Haney special (FLEX).

In few years, or maybe sooner, I see those magazines printing Ronnie Coleman specials.

I don't think Jay will ever get special issues, just like for example Chris Dickerson hasn't. He will go down as one of the least impressive 'in between' Olympias before the next freak takes over (Wolf/Martinez etc.)

Discuss

Chris Dickerson is only ignored because he is openly gay. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 06:13:02 AM »
Of couse Jay will not get a special magazine you don't give a guy a special mag just because he won the O one time.

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:58 AM »
I'm sorry,  Mr. Titusisback, but you don't know what you are talking about.  In the future,  EVERY issue will be a "Jay Special" issue.  The only good thing I can say about Wolf is that he probably drinks beer, which is more than I can say for you.
 ;D

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
What about a CRAIG TITUS SPECIAL ISSUE??

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »
Chris Dickerson is only ignored because he is openly gay. 

Chris Dickerson is only openly gay because he is ignored.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 11:10:11 AM »
Chris Dickerson is only openly gay because he is ignored.

Gay people are openly ignored only because of Dickerson.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 11:17:50 AM »
I would be cool to see a Serge Nubret special or a Sergio Oliva special! Even better have them both train with Arnold special. ;D
just push some weight!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »
I would be cool to see a Serge Nubret special or a Sergio Oliva special! Even better have them both train with Arnold special. ;D

Too black...(for the mags) unfortunately.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »
Too black...(for the mags) unfortunately.

I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. Many people would buy them. All three are legendary bodybuilders, movie actors and real interesting people outside of bodybuilding as well. Imagine if the IFBB ever shot Serge, Sergio and Arnold training chest together. That would be the best magazine ever!
just push some weight!

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 04:53:33 AM »
It's going to be hard to find a magazine for this industry in 10 years time.   And, Jay will be gone and forgotten by then anyway.