Author Topic: Nasser El Sonbaty and the Getbig paradox  (Read 6485 times)

garraeth

• Getbig IV
Re: Nasser El Sonbaty and the Getbig paradox
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »
I am dissappointed in Getbig and I am shaking my head at the strange paradox you mindlessly created for yourselves.

You have longed for a pro bodybuilder to tell you the truth, to shake things up and make changes in the corrupt world of bodybuilding. You sit here day in and day out complaining about how the sport used to be better and how you wished things would change.

Now here comes a champion that is doing exactly what you wished for and what do you do? You discredit him.
Heres the paradox: You want someone on the inside to expose the truth. But the only way for a person get on the inside is to play the game. That's what Nasser did. Now you are holding that against him. wtf?

Who exactly are you waiting for?  Mother Teresa is  6 feet under, The Dalia Lama has a few problems of his own and Arnold was just as corrupt as all of them and could care less about the future of bodybuilding.

Nasser may not be a saint but he is doing the right thing now. To discredit him is irrational?

Show some support for a guy who is trying to do some good.

nasser@cts.com
Hmm, do you "defend" Milos or Lee the same you are Nasser? Or is it more of a matter of who you're a bigger fan of? And you're not so into Milos so don't really care what he contributes, that he's contributed a zillion times over a period of years (including a free seminar), and how many times he's been shot down and bulldozed for telling the truth.

I don't see anyone who has "longed for a pro bodybuilder to tell you the truth" since Milos or Lee started posting. Did Nasser get suspended for standing up for what he believes in to "shake things up and make changes in the corrupt world of bodybuilding"?

He should do it for himself and the love of bbing, not for us. And do it in spite of us.

Just an observation.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 01:03:13 PM »
Hmm, do you "defend" Milos or Lee the same you are Nasser? Or is it more of a matter of who you're a bigger fan of? And you're not so into Milos so don't really care what he contributes, that he's contributed a zillion times over a period of years (including a free seminar), and how many times he's been shot down and bulldozed for telling the truth.

I don't see anyone who has "longed for a pro bodybuilder to tell you the truth" since Milos or Lee started posting. Did Nasser get suspended for standing up for what he believes in to "shake things up and make changes in the corrupt world of bodybuilding"?

He should do it for himself and the love of bbing, not for us. And do it in spite of us.

Just an observation.

Not true, Milos and Lee already have a very big following and many supporters, I only "defended" Nasser because I was suprised to see such a collective negative reaction to him on this board when I thought honesty and transparency was what getbiggers wanted.  Maybe Nasser needs a better way of going about it, It may have been too much info at one time. People are resistant to any stirring of the pot, for good or bad. I think it comes out of fear of the unknown.

BTW I actually like Milos personality wise and his standing up against corruption. He has contirubted a lot of knowledge to this board and has a great sense of humor. But like many people here, I dont care for the 'false' advertising of products that dont deliver what they imply they do. That goes for all supp companies.

as far as "longing for the truth"...that is just my impression of this board. I may be wrong. But there is certainly a lot of complalining about unfairness in judging, rec drugs, prostitiution, lack of opportunities for pros, current aesthetics and the overall public image of bodybuilding.. Its seem to be pretty pervasive, even in gyms, but maybe I am only hearing one side of the story.  I should visit Mayhem more often to hear the positives.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 01:06:53 PM »
Fcuk Nasser. he's no saint, just another Hypocrite
Get Big, or Die Trying

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »
I should visit Mayhem more often to hear the positives.

:D :D
i love mishko too,,how can you not love him,,was phenominal bodybuilder
fallen angel

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »
I should visit Mayhem more often to hear the positives.

:D :D
i love mishko too,,how can you not love him,,was phenominal bodybuilder
you'd never last over there GH, they hate the TRUTH on gayhem.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »
sorry sorry i meant IS phenominal bodybuilder,,i can already see mr g coming on saying why did i use past tense,,englize and me dont go well together.. :D
fallen angel

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 01:24:17 PM »
nasser should of won many times real no bullshit type dude

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
Fcuk Nasser. he's no saint, just another Hypocrite

exactly the problem...who is going to be good enough to make change?, how is new leadership going to emerge if everyone is a 'hypocrite'? 

It is interesting that the public is very forgiving of bad behaving politicians and even movie stars, but when it comes to bodybuiders their merciless.

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
  I was a huge fan of Nasser but he does come across as a hypocrite.  i don't think people would have such a negative view of him if he was honest about himself as well a other professional bodybuilders.

"A problem in bodybuilding is that on-stage as a amateur or a pro or offstage as a regular guy I have realized that in a lot of cases that when people take anabolic steroids or any kind of substance like synthol, which I have seen being used but never used myself, one application too many can make the body look ridiculous. People lose perspective that this is how they look." Nasser

He picks apart the the physiques and behaviours of other bodybuilder sounds as if he sees himself better than the rest.  I didn't read him say anything negative about himself.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 03:00:23 PM »
FWIW, Nasser has the history of giving false, potentially lethal information, about plasma expanders to Sarcev.

A few stories have been told about how he's been bullshitting fans, giving them fake cycle advice and shit like that. Those stories came from several sources.

So SonBatys credibility may not be the highest.

Still, you always have to look at every situation and judge the information independently, ie just because Sonbaty was a lying bitch in the past didn't tell the truth previously, doesn't mean that he withholds the truth at all times.
As empty as paradise

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »
FWIW, Nasser has the history of giving false, potentially lethal information, about plasma expanders to Sarcev.

A few stories have been told about how he's been bullshitting fans, giving them fake cycle advice and shit like that. Those stories came from several sources.

So SonBatys credibility may not be the highest.

Still, you always have to look at every situation and judge the information independently, ie just because Sonbaty was a lying bitch in the past didn't tell the truth previously, doesn't mean that he withholds the truth at all times.

He would only "lie" if he felt people were asking him stupid questions.

I doubt he would tell anything other than the truth in an actual publicized professional interview.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 03:33:26 PM »
He would only "lie" if he felt people were asking him stupid questions.

I doubt he would tell anything other than the truth in an actual publicized professional interview.

Regardless of what he did in the past, his story is always interesting IMO.

But I have to say, the thing he did to Sarcev seemed very dangerous.

Giving false advice on plasma expanders.

What's your take on that?
As empty as paradise

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
Regardless of what he did in the past, his story is always interesting IMO.

But I have to say, the thing he did to Sarcev seemed very dangerous.

Giving false advice on plasma expanders.

What's your take on that?

I actually have no idea on the plasma expander story....what happened exactly, if you dont mind me asking?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 03:40:31 PM »
so, has Nasser admitted he's gh15 yet?

I've been on a pre-deployment exercise all week so I'm out of the loop . . .

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 03:49:17 PM »
I don`t think anybody that knows just a little about the sport needs Nasser to tell them that pros do anabolic/androgenic site injections.............. ..synthol is a completely different animal altogether.

I doubt if every pro injects synthol though,and it`s plain to see Nasser did.

These guys inject so often that they have to do site injects as they run out of spots to shoot.