Author Topic: MYOSTATIN IS OLD NEWS  (Read 3237 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
MYOSTATIN IS OLD NEWS
« on: October 19, 2007, 07:40:09 AM »

"Lee discovered more than a decade ago that mice lacking myostatin grew muscles twice the size of those of their normal counterparts. But because mice have levels of myostatin 50 to 80 times that of humans, some scientists have doubted how well the results will translate to humans. New findings published in August in the journal PLoS ONE suggest that other molecules are also at work in muscle. Lee found that he could double the extra growth in mice lacking myostatin--effectively quadrupling muscle mass--by turning up levels of another protein. "That means there must be other regulators that have at least as important a function as myostatin in blocking muscle growth," says Lee."

ACCELERON

source: http://www.technologyreview.com/Biotech/19589/page1/

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: MYOSTATIN IS OLD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:42:22 AM »
here's where all the dumbasses chime in with how 5'8" 230 pound Lockett is a "myostatin freak". ::)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:45:19 AM »
here's where all the dumbasses chime in with how 5'8" 230 pound Lockett is a "myostatin freak". ::)

hahahaha--ahhh yes, drug free God Boy Lockett.  Don't forget about Kenny Wheeler.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 07:47:06 AM »
hahahhaa, these clowns make me laugh with this gene mutation/myostatin deficiency horseshit to describe a below average height/little above average muscled man like he's some 7'2" 520 pounds of muscle freak.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 07:50:43 AM »
hahahhaa, these clowns make me laugh with this gene mutation/myostatin deficiency horseshit to describe a below average height/little above average muscled man like he's some 7'2" 520 pounds of muscle freak.

Yeah with this drug though those stats might be attainable

can you imagine?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:51:35 AM »
the whole "I'm myostatin immune" shit is really annoying...how long has flex been around for and all of a sudden he says he's myostatin negative....and it just happens to be at the time he's making his "natural" comeback so it covers all the questions anyone might raise about his sudden muscle mass gains...he's myostatin immune that's why he's so huge all of a sudden ::) ::)
nasser=piece of shit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:52:33 AM »
Yeah with this drug though those stats might be attainable

can you imagine?
i agree but there is NO WAY IN HELL that a guy 5'8" 230 pounds with 19 inch arms and 29 inch legs is "myostatin deficient", give me a fuccking break. ::)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 07:53:35 AM »
the whole "I'm myostatin immune" shit is really annoying...how long has flex been around for and all of a sudden he says he's myostatin negative....and it just happens to be at the time he's making his "natural" comeback so it covers all the questions anyone might raise about his sudden muscle mass gains...he's myostatin immune that's why he's so huge all of a sudden ::) ::)

He looks to be susceptible to synthol though.  I wish some of these retards would develop immunity to pump and pose oil.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 07:54:01 AM »
the thing is that Flex and Lockett aren't all that "huge" as far as being a genetic mutant go, people need to raise their expectations of what BIG really is.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 07:54:40 AM »
He looks to be susceptible to synthol though.  I wish some of these retards would develop immunity to pump and pose oil.
how many cases of humans lacking this gene have been reported SS, I honestly don't know...I think it's only a couple.
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 07:56:23 AM »
when this stuff comes out they are going to have to start drawing super heroes bigger because they will get dwarfed by real life Acceleron users

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »

I wouldn't believe a word Flex says, even if his tongue was notarized, everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie, he is a professional bull shitter.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »

You don't think Lockett's musculature is fuckin' weird looking, Squad? If it's not a myostatin thing, he's definitely got something going on. Whether or not it's natural or from experimental drugs, who the hell knows.

All I know is he looks like he was grown in a test tube.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:12 AM »
You don't think Lockett's musculature is fuckin' weird looking, Squad? If it's not a myostatin thing, he's definitely got something going on. Whether or not it's natural or from experimental drugs, who the hell knows.

All I know is he looks like he was grown in a test tube.
his muscualture is weird looking in terms of the shape but definitely not the size because he's no bigger than any of his other competitors that are at the same level he is but i agree with you that he is very strange looking.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:28 AM »
And I agree that he's not that huge. It's not his size but his weird muscularity that makes me wonder....plus the rolls on his neck and his face is jacked up too LOL.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 08:40:24 AM »
lockett is probably disfunction myo in a some degree.

thats explain why he has crazy dense muscle but still match other competitor size, otherwise lockett should be freaking mutant lol
except for the arms he looks like nothing there.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 08:43:18 AM »
you guys think locketts muscle shape and aesthetics look weird?

honsetly...when i saw his muscle inserts, shape of muscle bellies, lines and aesthetics  the first thing i thought was how fucking awesome he looked.
i dont know how you think he looks weird.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
who cares about lockett with this stuff, Acceleron, your only issue is going to be getting too big.  We're talking about dwarfing Ronnie Coleman without any sides or stomach distension.  Probably before the end of this decade.

Bodybuilding will in all likelihood be obsolete

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »
you guys think locketts muscle shape and aesthetics look weird?

honsetly...when i saw his muscle inserts, shape of muscle bellies, lines and aesthetics  the first thing i thought was how fucking awesome he looked.
i dont know how you think he looks weird.

I'd rather look like that other guy in the picture. I don't like his physique that much either.
I don't even know why there's such a big deal about Locket. He has one quad missing...
$

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
I'd rather look like that other guy in the picture. I don't like his physique that much either.
I don't even know why there's such a big deal about Locket. He has one quad missing...

Jah, Pastafari

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 08:56:25 AM »
who cares about lockett with this stuff, Acceleron, your only issue is going to be getting too big.  We're talking about dwarfing Ronnie Coleman without any sides or stomach distension.  Probably before the end of this decade.

Bodybuilding will in all likelihood be obsolete
if the competitors in pro bodybuilding were 6'5" or over and 450 pounds plus ripped then i would actually go to see a show.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »
the thing is that Flex and Lockett aren't all that "huge" as far as being a genetic mutant go, people need to raise their expectations of what BIG really is.

Lockett certainly looks pretty fucking "huge" to me, Squadfather ... perhaps you need to get your Eyes checked ?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »

We're not lauding him with praises, we're pointing out that he looks like E.T.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
if the competitors in pro bodybuilding were 6'5" or over and 450 pounds plus ripped then i would actually go to see a show.

yeah the only thing you will have to decide is whether you want to look like that.  I think you will probably be able to find a middle ground though with moderate dosages.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »
Other than that he's a hypocrite and liar, what's the big deal about lockett?  Haven't you guys seen someone on hormones?