Author Topic: 2007 Kentucky Muscle Pro Figure - Updates  (Read 30000 times)

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
Re: 2007 Kentucky Muscle Pro Figure - Updates
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »
Jelena was in first call outs for both rounds and her placing is 8th??????????????
does someone not like her or something?
Actually in 1 pc round she was moved down in the confirmation callouts.
I was waiting for someone to pull the "political / personal" card! 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »
Jelena looks so good.  I don't understand why she dosen't place higher.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2007, 03:06:15 PM »
Jelena looks so good.  I don't understand why she dosen't place higher.
Did you read the other posts?

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »
Rick, just because someone looks at the individuals on stage and comes to a different conclusion doesn't mean that they are implying that it's personal or political.  It's a subjective sport and hopefully everyone will take a look at the photos and videos and draw their own conclusions.  Some people have different ideas regarding the ideal physiques and I would wager that so do many of the judges.

Our assessment after the pre-judging was honest and politics free, but our preferences did not end up equaling the final results of the show in many cases. That doesn't mean that anyone should back down from their opinions and preferences because that's precisely what they are - preferences based on one's understanding of the judging criteria and individual views on the direction of the sport.

We thought that Jelena met the challenge at this show especially with her leg conditioning. We would have placed her in the top four.  Others may disagree, and that's fine too.

Team FigureRX

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

It's definitely not personal for me - I have no dog in that fix fight.

j/k

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2007, 03:55:19 PM »
Videos?  Who has videos of the show?  Very few shows are covered in this way.  

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2007, 03:56:33 PM »
And you know...while I respect the fact that you think we're getting boring....
I'm VERY BORED of the POLITICAL Card being pulled!
 ;D

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
Rick those are some impressive prejudging photos you took.

Videos?  Who has videos of the show?  Very few shows are covered in this way.

FigureRX took video of the show.

figfan

• Getbig I
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2007, 04:37:09 PM »
This was pulled from FigureRx's forum.  This should make for some good controversy.

The IFBB judges have some explaining to do! There are 2 major fuckups I saw in the judging. How does Pia Johnsen get last (tied for 16th) in the 2-piece round when she was in the second call out? At the worst she should have been 12th. Then you have April Fortier in the last call out of the 2-piece round with 6 other girls. So she should have been 18th to 25th in the judging, but ends up 12th. She beat 3 girls that she was never compared to. Pia Johnsen definately needs an answer to know how this can happen.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2007, 04:42:39 PM »
Rick, just because someone looks at the individuals on stage and comes to a different conclusion doesn't mean that they are implying that it's personal or political.  It's a subjective sport and hopefully everyone will take a look at the photos and videos and draw their own conclusions.  Some people have different ideas regarding the ideal physiques and I would wager that so do many of the judges.

Our assessment after the pre-judging was honest and politics free, but our preferences did not end up equaling the final results of the show in many cases. That doesn't mean that anyone should back down from their opinions and preferences because that's precisely what they are - preferences based on one's understanding of the judging criteria and individual views on the direction of the sport.

We thought that Jelena met the challenge at this show especially with her leg conditioning. We would have placed her in the top four.  Others may disagree, and that's fine too.

Team FigureRX
I'm sorry but enough is enough. You and the your "team" are the most hypocritical bunch of people I've ever encountered. Publicly you post one thing yet off the threads you sing a much different tune. Cut the bullshit and decide which side of the fence you're on "Team RX".

You cried politics about April before her debut yet pulled down your comment after being called on it. Why did you back down from your opinion?

Why don't you share with the board how you really feel instead of double talking with the "our team" and "we" take on the "political" crap?
Elevate Your Image.™

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »
We posted a response in our forum.  The call-outs do not necessarily reflect the final placings and the results can vary widely relative to the comparisons.  So in our opinion that's not really a reason to criticize judging.  There can be a lot of disparity, especially if we are talking about someone finishing 12th versus 18th, areas of the placings that get less scrutiny than the top.

This was pulled from FigureRx's forum.  This should make for some good controversy.

The IFBB judges have some explaining to do! There are 2 major f***ups I saw in the judging. How does Pia Johnsen get last (tied for 16th) in the 2-piece round when she was in the second call out? At the worst she should have been 12th. Then you have April Fortier in the last call out of the 2-piece round with 6 other girls. So she should have been 18th to 25th in the judging, but ends up 12th. She beat 3 girls that she was never compared to. Pia Johnsen definately needs an answer to know how this can happen.

proudcanadiangrl

• Getbig I
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2007, 04:14:12 AM »
And you know...while I respect the fact that you think we're getting boring....
I'm VERY BORED of the POLITICAL Card being pulled!
 ;D

I hear where you are coming from but when a competitor continues to place lower than most would admit she should there has to be a reason beyond her control. Politics plays a HUGE part in the sport of bodybuilding, fitness and figure and I don't pull that card very often because for the most part I agree with most placings. Figure is a very subjective sport yes, and there will be calls that may be off but the constant oversight with Jelena sticks out to me like a sore thumb. THAT is why I brought it up.

figfan

• Getbig I
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2007, 05:36:17 AM »
We posted a response in our forum.  The call-outs do not necessarily reflect the final placings and the results can vary widely relative to the comparisons.  So in our opinion that's not really a reason to criticize judging.  There can be a lot of disparity, especially if we are talking about someone finishing 12th versus 18th, areas of the placings that get less scrutiny than the top.

Dont' criticize judging for placing Pia 16th in the 2-piece round when she was in the 2nd callout and was never moved down into the 3rd callout.  Look at the callouts for the 2-piece round and she was one of the first twelve called out.  All the other placings for that round went according to the callouts.  What you are saying is that you can be in the last call out and still place in the top  10 for that round or be in the first call out and get 16th.  Does that sound right to you?  Remember I am not talking obout the final overall placings just the scoring and comparisons that took  place in the first round. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2007, 08:00:47 AM »
I like Jelena, she's a gorgeous model and will continue to be one of the top fitness models in the the biz. Jelena did look her all time best in Kentucky and should be very proud of her accomplishment. That said her continued stumbling block is the conditioning of her glutes and hamstrings. They did improve however still holding her back when compared to others. Could she have been 6th instead of 8th? Sure but when it's all said and done it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the long run unless your top 3 and going to the O, aside from the personal satisfaction.

The bigger issue here is crying politics. When a competitor looses it was politics, when a competitor wins the judges finally got it right. Judging is a thankless job and one most of you would never want. Are the judges always right? Of course not they are human and the sport is subjective. All you have to do is read the comments on this and other boards. One thinks competitor A should win and another thinks competitor B should win, is it so difficult to think that the judges don't differ as well?

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2007, 08:51:31 AM »

Ok, even with Isaac's obligatory ass-kissing, this is much, much better.

I'm going to get my coffee now and will be back to read more later!   :D

jelena

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:55 AM »
Hey guys,
so yeah I'm not happy with my placing. No matter how much improve and look better and better every show, I always get criticized on my hips.
Yeah everyone says it's all about symmetry,but what about 90% of other girls symmetry?
How no one get criticizes on not having any waist? Not having good shoulders? Having extended belly? What's up with that? Aren't they suppose to look EVERYTHING, not just our butts and legs???

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:50 AM »
Personally I love Jelenas look and I thought she did look her all time best however there is truth to what Isaac has said.
Jelena is beautiful and has a gorgeous feminine body and if I had my own Figure division I would place her on top however with IFBB figure they are looking at a combination of conditioning and symmetry. Getting the lower portion conditioned to match the upper is hard for most women. I see in the pictures where Jelenas hams/glutes are not as tight as the rest of her body especially when you compare her to the ladies who placed higher than her.Jelena also has beautiful curvy hips which  give the illusion of a fuller glute from the rear which is a drawback.  If you ask me who I rather look like I would pick Jelena all day However the stage dictates a different look and level of conditioning.
Yes there may be people who place higher who have no waist or lesser shoulders but when you look at them as an entire package that is the look the judges want. Also remember it is a highly subjective sport.
My advice is to have fun. Do your best and come in the way you feel is best for your body. At the end of the day you have to live with the body you create. Winning a show does not further your career one iota and Jelena has more in her portfolio than some of the ladies at the top of the sport and that imho leads to a better bottom line than winning a show. 

Pia Marlèn Johnsen

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
Hi Jelena,

So nice to meet you and your hubby!  :D
I had a good time with all of you girls backstage. Thank you everybody a good time.
Julie: YOU CAN DANCE GIRRRL !! *lol* I had so much fun! Wish I had my camera with me.  ;D
Jelena: you looked amazing, and I loved your suits.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll (like we say in texas.. he,he..) next season.

Hardfitness got pics up, take a look and see what you think. That is a stage full of hotties don't you think ??
It was a really tough line-up.

http://www.hardfitness.com/kentucky2007.html

XOXO

Pia

IFBB Figure Pro

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »
Hey guys,
so yeah I'm not happy with my placing. No matter how much improve and look better and better every show, I always get criticized on my hips.
Yeah everyone says it's all about symmetry,but what about 90% of other girls symmetry?
How no one get criticizes on not having any waist? Not having good shoulders? Having extended belly? What's up with that? Aren't they suppose to look EVERYTHING, not just our butts and legs???

FINALLY, a pro willing to speak out without hiding behind an alias...

proudcanadiangrl

• Getbig I
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »
I see in the pictures where Jelenas hams/glutes are not as tight as the rest of her body especially when you compare her to the ladies who placed higher than her.Jelena also has beautiful curvy hips which  give the illusion of a fuller glute from the rear which is a drawback. 
Yes there may be people who place higher who have no waist or lesser shoulders but when you look at them as an entire package that is the look the judges want. Also remember it is a highly subjective sport.
My advice is to have fun.  

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Her conditioning IMO was just as good if not better than others, best she has presented. Her glutes in the comparison shots didn't look any wider or larger than those beside her. She asks the judges what they want and every time she comes back with improvements. I know she is judged against who is on that stage that day but clearly there were girls compared to her that don't have superior structure/shape. And if it's whole package then the fact that her feminine and beautiful features are chosen over some harder and more aged faces blows me away.
And it's not fun if you're listening to the judges and yet the keep overlooking you.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2007, 02:32:57 AM »
Pia and Jelena, have two of the best structures in Figure. Even though they are not Perfect, They both should Win some shows on there Symmetry alone. However, until this happens be patient Ladies your day is coming. Very Very Soon.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »
You'll have to excuse my absence I've taken up watching muscle webcams.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

jelena

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Hi Pia,

was nice meeting you to. Sorry we didn't meet after was to late

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2007, 10:46:58 AM »
I just spoke with Brent and total for Saturday nite attendance was over 2,000!!!!
I'm not sure what other shows have for attendance, but crossing the 2K mark for a first time PRO show is unreal! 
Congrats to Brent and all involved!  Looking forward to next year!
Rick

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2008, 02:23:28 AM »
Personally I love Jelenas look and I thought she did look her all time best however there is truth to what Isaac has said.
Jelena is beautiful and has a gorgeous feminine body and if I had my own Figure division I would place her on top however with IFBB figure they are looking at a combination of conditioning and symmetry. Getting the lower portion conditioned to match the upper is hard for most women. I see in the pictures where Jelenas hams/glutes are not as tight as the rest of her body especially when you compare her to the ladies who placed higher than her.Jelena also has beautiful curvy hips which  give the illusion of a fuller glute from the rear which is a drawback.  If you ask me who I rather look like I would pick Jelena all day However the stage dictates a different look and level of conditioning.
My advice is to have fun. Do your best and come in the way you feel is best for your body. At the end of the day you have to live with the body you create. Winning a show does not further your career one iota and Jelena has more in her portfolio than some of the ladies at the top of the sport and that imho leads to a better bottom line than winning a show. 

Here, Here!

8)

forgive my tardiness...but Wow Jelena!! Congrats for looking soo good  :)
Wowawewa! (picks jaw up from the floor)

Dont worry about the judges, you're The Pinnacle of Beauty in Figure right there

;)

and honey, we didnt shoot in 2007...so we def gotta in 2008!

myspace.com/marc_thyssen