Author Topic: Bill Maher gets heckled by 9/11 conspiracy theorists.  (Read 3009 times)

Purge_WTF

Bill Maher gets heckled by 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
  Was anyone watching his show tonight? A few weeks back, Bill told these headcases to stop trying to get him to support their inane ideas about 9/11 being an inside job and apparently some them decided to get even. A few of them were in the crowd tonight and they started shouting and protesting in the middle of his program, and Bill got so pissed that he went into the crowd to deal with them himself. Thankfully some security guards came out and intervened before things got out of hand. Rather shocking to see that happen live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzrUD-5hf1A

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Bill Maher gets heckled by 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »
some of them are a lot of them...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:56:02 PM »
ahhahaahhhahhaha..... fucking awesome... should happen everywhere...

Mons Venus

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 01:47:36 AM »
It's great to be on HBO.  Fuckin kick ass Bill !

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 04:28:50 AM »
hey 240, why did you have to interupt bill like that

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 05:52:29 AM »
If they have to be obnoxious like that, it shows how weak their argument is.

The argument should speak for itself, not by some obnoxious conspiracist being a twat.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
I saw it and his reaction was hilarious. That's the best show on tv, it's entertaining and informative.

His closing segment last night was fantastic and spot on.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 10:01:34 AM »
I watched it last night and I give HBO credit for airing it un-edited, warts and all

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »
I watched it last night and I give HBO credit for airing it un-edited, warts and all

His show is live; they had no choice.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »
  His show is live; they had no choice.

Live on the East Coast but I believe the West coast get's the taped version

The Kasparov interview was good too:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3244335825751920066&q=bill+maher+gary+kasparov&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »
Live on the East Coast but I believe the West coast get's the taped version

The Kasparov interview was good too:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3244335825751920066&q=bill+maher+gary+kasparov&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

maher and alot of peple don't understand eastern european geopolitics.

It's irritating how dumb maher is regarding alot of things.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
maher and alot of peple don't understand eastern european geopolitics.

It's irritating how dumb maher is regarding alot of things.

I don't know much (ok hardly anything) about it either but Maher definitely appeared to get schooled by Kasparov.  I also thought I heard Kasparov make a statement that sounded something like "jew political tool" or something like that but not sure if he said it or what point he was trying to make and I might not have heard him correctly.

I have noticed in past shows that Maher will make rather uniformed or prejudiced statement to a guest or someone he is interviewing only to have it blow up in his face when the guest makes him look like a fool.   

Still, I like the show and I think Maher is hilarious most of the time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »

The argument should speak for itself, not by some obnoxious conspiracist being a twat.

Completely agree.  This is the one of the ways these nuts try and get their message across to mainstream America, because credible news sources stay away from this nonsense.  

Maher helps security kick out rowdy protester

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bill Maher can add "security guard" to his job description alongside comedian and political commentator.
Maher helped security give the boot to a rowdy protester from the studio of his weekly HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night, and it was all captured on live television.

Maher was talking science during one of his weekly panel discussions when a protester in his audience stood, held up a smuggled-in sign reading "9/11 is a cover up fraud" and shouted comments to the same effect.

The host tried to shout down the audience member, who only became more agitated.

"Do we have some (expletive) security in this building," Maher yelled, "or do I have to come down there and kick his (expletive)?"

When security reached the man's aisle and he resisted leaving, Maher ran into the seats and helped them push him out the door, shouting "Out! Out! Out!"

Several other protesters, sprinkled throughout the audience, then stood up and shouted.

"This isn't the Iowa Caucus, OK, we're not here to debate," Maher shouted with most of his audience cheering him on. "This is the problem with live television."

The incident was shown live on the East Coast, and the network appeared to show the entire affair unedited for the taped-delayed West Coast version.

After the instigators were ejected, Maher told his panelists — MSNBC's Chris Matthews, Los Angeles Times columnist Joel Stein and Congresswoman Sheila Jackson — that they often linger outside his studio to share 9/11 conspiracy theories with him and try to get into the show.

"It's the only time I defend Bush," he said.

"I'm thinking about firing my audience department," he added.

Regular audience members found the ruckus thrilling.

"We picked a very exciting night to be here," Eliot Stein, a 54-year-old high school teacher, said via cellphone. "There's few live TV shows anymore, and here you got to see, it was like a movie. it was great."

Stein's friend John Lovell said "It was positively surreal."

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards and wife Elizabeth had been in the studio for an interview before the panel discussion and dustup.

Elizabeth Edwards was shown in the audience after her husband's interview, but it was not clear whether she remained in the seats during the incident.

Phone and e-mail messages left with HBO officials late Friday were not immediately returned.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-10-20-maher-security_N.htm

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »
I don't know much (ok hardly anything) about it either but Maher definitely appeared to get schooled by Kasparov.  I also thought I heard Kasparov make a statement that sounded something like "jew political tool" or something like that but not sure if he said it or what point he was trying to make and I might not have heard him correctly.

I have noticed in past shows that Maher will make rather uniformed or prejudiced statement to a guest or someone he is interviewing only to have it blow up in his face when the guest makes him look like a fool.   

Still, I like the show and I think Maher is hilarious most of the time.

bill is the host of a show and he should know better but he doesn't. He gets the same disinformation everyone else gets. He should realize this. It would make his show much better

Anyway, he got owned by kasparov.

american torture based on soviet models;
Kasparov, did say

"In 70's & 80's America looked as a hope for oppressed people in the communist world. well now that America is using double standards to different countries in the world, it's lost it's credibility. That's bad news for all of us because it was a stronghold for democracy and now it's just a country according to many it's using democracy as a geopolitcal tool to promote it's own interests, which is working against us, russia and elsewhere."

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »

pot..kettle..black..
carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 05:55:29 PM »
Show the proof first.. And I mean absolute proof.

Maher was in hot water for calling the hijackers brave, so he would be trampled and have his show canceled if he ever endorsed 240's crew.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: 240, you'd appreciate this one.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »
i would have tazed his ass,, not because he deserved it, but to piss off jag