Author Topic: Tons Of Supplement Threads!!  (Read 1079 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Tons Of Supplement Threads!!
« on: October 21, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »
Looking at this section of the board,tons of threads on supps with fancy sounding names, all designed to make your wallet go from fat to thin in record time.

Not trying to burst anybodys bubble, but after training for eons,and spending literally a ton of money on supps years ago,I`m here to tell you that most of them are hyped up useless crapola!!!

Eat good food 6-8 times a day, or whenever you can if you have a busy schedule,take creatine monohydrate,vitamins (not usually necessary if diet is on point),whey,milk & egg,or casein protein powder,whichevr suits your goals,drink a shitload of pure water,train hard,and get good rest/sleep........bottom line is that you`ll save a lot of money,be healthier,and look better, and we wont have to read anymore stupid questions/threads asking how good nano-vapor is!!  LOL  :)

Don`t beleive the hype!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Tons Of Supplement Threads!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 08:44:22 AM »
Preach it Wes!

Princess L, Midnite Rambo, Usmokepole, Suckmymuscle, Rimbaud, and plenty of others know a lot about nutrition, and guys like Trab, White Hulk, Big Cyp, and even Squadfather push the mantra of "real food."  Don't pronounce us all guilty yet bro!  I agree it's a sad state of affairs when the majority of the threads are about supps.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 09:13:41 AM »
Thanks bro,not blaming everyone here of course,but most people shouldn`t consider using any supplements until their diet is spot-on the money,then and only then should they use just the time tested and proven ones that work.

Nothing with the word or words...explode,nano,NO2,hyper,ultra, etc. etc. should ever be even thought of !!  LOL  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
Typical diet scenario for a few people I`ve met............nobody here does this of course.

Meal # 1:
protein shake,with 2 eggwhites, and 200 diffferent pills,powders,and liquid supps.

Meal # 2:
apple pie,milk,ice cream,a few beers and 200 diffferent pills,powders,and liquid supps.

Meal # 3:
KFC,Muscle Milk,and 200 diffferent pills,powders,and liquid supps.

Meal # 4:
protein shake and 200 diffferent pills,powders,and liquid supps.

Meal # 5:
baloney sammich with cheese on white bread with low fat mayo,and 200 diffferent pills,powders,and liquid supps.

Meal # 6:
1/2 cup cottage cheese,some fucking cookies and milkand 200 diffferent pills,powders,and liquid

Nano=Gay  LOL  :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:26:14 AM »
i agree 100%.

......but talking about the proven, time tested supplements like whey+casiene, creatine, glutamine, bcaa's, green tea extract, fish oil, caffiene,, vitamins, dextrose/waxy-maize(vitargo)...taking all of these, or any combination of them, can be very beneficial for a bodybuilder. but you already said that.

for myself, i have found that even whey protein isnt needed when im eating alot of solid protein meals leading up to my workout.  but everybody is different. and i dont have problems putting on size, i have problems staying lean.. so for me a supplement like green tea ,fish oil, vitamins, caffiene, creatine, and glutamine are essentials..where for another a different combination might be better.

I will say in defense of the "hype" supplements that for people with alot of extra spending money whose main hobby is bodybuilding, and who dont want to take anything illegal......some of these supplements can be slightly, even moderately effective. but they are just that= supplements. where i disagree with these people is when you see soemone whose diet is shitty, and trains like a little girl, And thinks a 200 dollar shopping spree at gnc is going to off-set the fast that they have a shitty diet and dont train hard.
but for someone who is 100% dedicated and just likes to spend time and money on their bodies....getting a pre workout supplement like no-explode or horse power or nano vapor would be fine...and trying out different legal pro-test supplements wont hurt.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 09:36:38 AM »
so for me a supplement like green tea ,fish oil, vitamins, caffiene, creatine, and glutamine are essentials

Not essential Candi.  You could lose fat without them.  Besides, most people would rationalize that they can eat ice cream because they took their supps that day.  Medford, r u here??

Also be aware that things like caffine (and other stimulants you hoover you), while it has been shown to assist lipolysis, it is also a stressor on your system.  My doctor actually told me to cut out all caffine.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 09:42:17 AM »
Not essential Candi.  You could lose fat without them.  Besides, most people would rationalize that they can eat ice cream because they took their supps that day.  Medford, r u here??

Also be aware that things like caffine (and other stimulants you hoover you), while it has been shown to assist lipolysis, it is also a stressor on your system.  My doctor actually told me to cut out all caffine.
its addictive as well. i cant function without at least a little bit now. i have been trying to cut it down..   an effective dose of caffiene for me now is about 500mg. that would just spike my energy levels a tad.  diet coke has 46 mg..im trying to get by on one or two of those a day now.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 09:45:27 AM »
I had access to a free supply of glutamine supplied to me by a reputable company......tried it in different dosages for a long time increasing dosage and got zippo out of it.

Whey is not neccesary,nor is any protein supp, but is very conveinient.

Time tested = whey and a few other protein powders, and creatine monohydrate.... not the kind of shit with sugar added like Celltech.

Others would be vitamoins and minerals but are not usually neceasary if diet is in order...EFA`s are good but far from neceasry if you eat right.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 09:46:47 AM »
I drink a lot of coffee,but I don`t supplement with caffeine.....really don`t need to.

To lose fat,clean eating,hard training,create a calorie deficit,and do cardio.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 02:12:37 AM »
The ridiculous supplement threads just keep on coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)