Author Topic: "He told me he saw my skull. Fuck you!"  (Read 3593 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"He told me he saw my skull. Fuck you!"
« on: October 22, 2007, 05:03:39 AM »
"Don't you fucking do that to me! I told him I wanted to fight! He told me he saw my skull. Fuck you! Don't do that to me!"

I thought Kalib Starnes shouted that at someone in the audience calling him a pussy or something for not continuing the fight, turns out it was directed at his own corner!

Here's the story from a guy who was there live:

"yeah i was there live last night and his corner pissed him off real good. I dont know the cornermans name but i saw him slam his hand down and turn his back to Starns. That is when he lost it!"

he also got this to say:

"When they showed the cut on the big screen this really fuckin drunk guy in front of me threw up all over his girlfriend and the two people sitting in front of him. Other than that it was good times"

;D

that cut was pretty nasty
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: "He told me he saw my skull. Fuck you!"
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:10:31 AM »
"and what the camera almost caught was him tossing a towel back to his corner man as they were going to throw it in the ring if the doctor didn't stop it. He was pissed at that fact."
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 09:47:53 AM »
ok here's kalib himself telling what happend for anyone that might wanna know

"I got hit with an elbow early in the first round. In the second round the ref stopped the action so the doctor could look at the cut. The doctor said "How is your vision?" I said "There's blood in my eye" Yves Lavigne said "If you say you can't see he'll stop the fight" I said "I can see, there's no problem, I want to fight" The doctor spread the cut open with his thumbs and said "I can see his skull, I'm stopping it" I said "I want to continue" and looked at my cornerman. My cornerman was staring at my cut and yelling "Why are you stopping the fight?", "What are you doing?". His comments were directed at the referee, but because he was staring at me, I was confused. That is why I became so angry, because I did not quit, and I thought that he was accusing me of quitting. We sorted things out afterwords. That's something that bothers me a lot after Ken Shamrock said that I was not injured on that show when I had a serious injury. I still take a lot of heat for that son-of-a-bitch's ignorant comments.

After the fight Yves Lavigne came up to me and said "I don't know why he stopped it, you did everything right, you told him you wanted to continue. The fight was close you were right there I would not have stopped it". "Stitch" and "House" the official UFC cutmen said the same thing. I haven't heard the color commentary yet but it seems to have confused some people. I'm extremely disappointed with what happened, I had a lot more fight in me, I have never been cut like that in a fight. That's what happened, if you want to corroborate the story just ask the referee. Congratulations Alan Belcher, I hope you'll give me a rematch."
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
the showed the cut on the screen and i thought i looked up after they cleaned it and put that cream in it. it wasn't bleeding anymore. i thought it was stopped to early myself.
irongearco.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
the showed the cut on the screen and i thought i looked up after they cleaned it and put that cream in it. it wasn't bleeding anymore. i thought it was stopped to early myself.

that is if bleeding is the only legitimate reason for stopping, if the doc said he would see his skull it seems there's other reasons for a stoppage...
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »
that is if bleeding is the only legitimate reason for stopping, if the doc said he would see his skull it seems there's other reasons for a stoppage...

most of the time with cuts the fight is stopped because there is blood going into the eyes. it wasn't going into his eyes at the point. sherks cut was ALOT worse and they let it go...that is all i was saying.
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 05:00:49 PM »
And that is why the UFC needs to do away with elbows.  Too many Bullshit stopages.
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »
to a point  i agree but i sort of like a devastating elbow every now and then ;D
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »
But to have a fight stopped because of a cut caused by an elbow fucking sucks. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 12:12:29 AM »
If you want to continue, you NEVER tell the ring doctor you can't see. 

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 09:27:55 AM »
I'll watch the replay and see. When I was watching it live, I thought it was the first right hand Belcher threw. Belcher himself told me it was a knee. And now Starnes says it was an elbow. I have a free UFC on Demand viewing I haven't used, so I'll check it out in slo-mo.

Regardless of blood, if the cut is wide and deep enough, the doctor can use his discretion to stop the fight. I mean no one wants to see Kalib's brain fall out. Wait a second. I take that back. Everyone wants to see Kalib's brain fall out.
BigNationRadio.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »
Two layers about 15-20 [stitches] in the meat, and 15-20 in the skin…. It cost me about five times as much as I made just to train for that fight, I took a huge financial loss, I’m more upset about that than I am about losing actually. I left with $4,800 after taxes and deductions. Every time I fight I gamble with my health, reputation and financial well being and to have a cut just detroy all my hard work and personal sacrifice like that, I can’t help but wonder if it’s even worth it.”
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
Two layers about 15-20 [stitches] in the meat, and 15-20 in the skin…. It cost me about five times as much as I made just to train for that fight, I took a huge financial loss, I’m more upset about that than I am about losing actually. I left with $4,800 after taxes and deductions. Every time I fight I gamble with my health, reputation and financial well being and to have a cut just detroy all my hard work and personal sacrifice like that, I can’t help but wonder if it’s even worth it.”

I lost all respect for Starnes with that pussy ass comment!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
I lost all respect for Starnes with that pussy ass comment!

I can't believe that with as much money as dana makes he still makes his guys pick up the hospital bills after they fight to make him money ?

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 11:20:18 AM »
I can't believe that with as much money as dana makes he still makes his guys pick up the hospital bills after they fight to make him money ?

Yeah thats fucked up.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »
Yeah thats fucked up.

I wonder if M-1's gonna offer a medical and dental plan ?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 11:29:37 AM »
I wonder if M-1's gonna offer a medical and dental plan ?

Did Pride?
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 11:35:10 AM »
Did Pride?

I have no idea and I'd never given any thought about the subject until I read this thread this morning....

frankly bluto I'm shocked and amazed you're asking me this considering you're the kind of stud that usually finds this sort of info FOR US !

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »
I have no idea and I'd never given any thought about the subject until I read this thread this morning....

frankly bluto I'm shocked and amazed you're asking me this considering you're the kind of stud that usually finds this sort of info FOR US !

Yes but Google gave me this:

http://www.pridedentalgroup.com/

:-\
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:49 AM »

she does have a "biserkfuryish" type of grill !

co-inky dink ?

I think not !

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »

this is the first fighter that i have ever heard tell the truth about mma. he is ABSOLUTELY right. i was thinking the same thing for him sitting in the stands watching.
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »

ufc pays for there hospital bills including surgeries. however they get taxed pretty good. also if he is from canada he would lose on the exchange rate wouldn't he? anway 4 grand isn't enough to get your head bashed in
irongearco.com