Author Topic: Shawn Ray bashing Getbig already? Unreal!  (Read 14931 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Shawn Ray Already Bashing Get Big. Unreal!
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2007, 05:57:05 PM »

Hmm.. perhaps Weider signed some other known competitor that is top ten in the world, and decided to invest their money that way... we shall see...  whatever they want to do is their business choice...

In other words, they realized Shawn was a washed-up has-been and had little remaining value to them, so they tossed him away despite his years of loyalty and ass-kissing. 

Good to see things haven't changed at Weider since Joe's retirement!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2007, 06:00:40 PM »

In other words, they realized Shawn was a washed-up has-been and had little remaining value to them, so they tossed him away despite his years of loyalty and ass-kissing. 

Good to see things haven't changed at Weider since Joe's retirement!  :D
weider's in transition...out with the trash

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »
You people just dont get it!  Why the continued debate about Sean?  I understand that people are fascinated by this man.... but come on!

It is becoming quite evident from this thread that, people are indeed quite envious of Sean.

Sean is not even here anymore, and yet, he still generates 'more traffic' than anyone.

Good luck to you Sean, popularity can be measured in so many ways, and you have again proven that!

Peace.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2007, 06:12:27 PM »
I don't think they are envious of Shawn but I too don't understand why this is such a big deal, he's always been a thorn in getbig's side and never a source of much constructive information.  Shit, I'd put his entertainment value under that of VP's (and that is saying something).

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
Many on here did loathe Sean, but at the same time, he did have his band of loyal followers.

Sean had the ability to ignite the boards.  He could send this place into meltdown with just a few strokes of the keyboard. 

In my opinion, that is what made Sean a valued contributor to Getbig....Maybe not the most liked contributor, but a valid one. 

Sean is now approaching yet another exciting phase in his life.  One thing is for sure, he will continue to get people talking about this so-called sport...and that can only be a good thing!

Peace.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2007, 06:20:17 PM »
"Hank" put your "Wood" away. You're on the brink of embarrassing yourself.
Elevate Your Image.™

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »
You people just dont get it!  Why the continued debate about Sean?  I understand that people are fascinated by this man.... but come on!

It is becoming quite evident from this thread that, people are indeed quite envious of Sean.

Sean is not even here anymore, and yet, he still generates 'more traffic' than anyone.

Good luck to you Sean, popularity can be measured in so many ways, and you have again proven that!

Peace.

Very true, Hank.

I have no doubt that every single person who posts on this board is envious of Shawn.  Who wouldn't be?

He had arguably one of the top 10 physiques of all time.

The question is, is anybody envious of you?

That is something you should answer for yourself before you decide to post again.

"Peace"

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2007, 06:40:20 PM »
Sean should be given the opportunity to explore his new career.  

Yes, by closing one door Sean has allowed yet another to open ( in the form of MD).

I understand that many on here feel betrayed by Sean's abrupt departure.  With time, the anger and hurt many on here feel, will be transferred to forgiveness and understanding.

In my opinion, Sean has made a brave but worthwhile choice.

Peace.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »
It's not that we feel betrayed, we feel it took too long.  We wanted his ass out of here months ago.  And are you PLEASE going to follow your boyfriend over to MD.  PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEASE GTFO
more like 2 years  lol

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »
It's not that we feel betrayed, we feel it took too long. 

L O L

*classic* 

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »
Weider should spend their whole budget securing dennis wolfe for the next 5 years as thats a look that sells and will be in demand thats for sure, bald and black just doesnt sell anymore and its not like we havent seen enough of it over the last 10 years, white with hair or bald and black, if you were ceo what  look would you sign, no racist pun intended.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Why did Weider dump bodybuilding legend Shawn Ray?
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »
Weider, whom Shawn was with a long time, decided not to give him another contract. 

Shawn is one of the top 10 bodybuilders of all time.  He was very visible, very marketable.  He was well-known on the forums, seen at every show.

What happened in the last 2 years that caused Shawn to become "hands-off" by Weider?  What did he do to suddenly lack the value he had for so long, to them?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Why did Weider dump bodybuilding legend Shawn Ray?
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2007, 09:20:04 PM »
Shawn is one of the top 10 bodybuilders of all time.  He was very visible, very marketable.  He was well-known on the forums, seen at every show.

What happened in the last 2 years that caused Shawn to become "hands-off" by Weider?  What did he do to suddenly lack the value he had for so long, to them?
Maybe they just now caught wind of his trannie escapades?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »
Yes Keith, this is going to be a 20 page thread !  Why ?  Because Getbiggers are absolutely fascinated by Sean.  It seems we just can't enough of this guy.

Sean has had a love/hate relationship with Getbiggers for years!  He played the boards with mastery, spite and cunning.  

His new and highly paid venture to MD is going to be full of surprises. Just watch him weave his magic over there.  

Steve B. is already relishing the publicity he is getting for his magazine.

We miss you big guy.
Where do you live hank?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »
 ;D Fuck em !

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »
  ::) BAD FEEDBACK !

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »
C'mon, Hank, I mean Shawn.
Enjoy your dish...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »
Shawn was only ever a legend in his own mind.
V

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »

what did shawn's weider contract entail?
Here comes the money shot

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
Sean Rey is achieving exactly what he has set out to do.  And that is; 'get everyone in the industry talking about Sean Rey'.

Yes, the industry may still be 'reeling' regarding recent events, however, it is simply just more publicity for this legend of the iron game.

I say good luck to the guy.  He is wealthy, happy and successful.  Sean seems to get everything he wishes for in life!

Peace.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
I say good luck to the guy.  He is wealthy, happy and successful.

Do happy people make fun of fat people and allegedly cheat on spouses?  Do happy people bash King for months on end?

Sean seems to get everything he wishes for in life!

How many sandows did Shawn win again?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Shawn. Or is it Sean, Hank?

But you're still a scumbag who pathetically has to post things about himself all night under a gimmick account. How's it feel to have gone from a top five Olympia dude for a decade to Blechman's bitch? Talk about a fall from grace.

Enjoy your dish...

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »
I think many bodybuilders get dumped...I dont believe it was anything that Shawn did but it was because of who was the next big up and coming thing.... Bodybuilders are used for a purpose...to sell supplements and mags and its almost exactly like the modeling industry...who is hot and who is not....

Example..remember Matarrazzo? He used to be in a lot of Flex and Muscle and Fitness Mags but when he got into a medical condition, he was dropped, just like that....

Also, do you remember Labrada used to be highly publicized in Flex and Muscle and Fitness? But then again, when he started getting sponsorship from Met-rx, the spotlight was dropping...Bob Paris used to be spotlighted a lot,

In the late 90s there was thius new up and comer named Jay Cutler who Weider was pushing....

Now its Phil Heath and some other new faces....

Shawn Ray will always be the greatest.....without him, I would have never been inspired to workout..

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2007, 10:53:35 PM »
Weider, whom Shawn was with a long time, decided not to give him another contract. 

Read carefully. He wasn't 'dumped'. He has been with MuscleMag Magazine for the last year. What I said was that Weider did not offer another contract.  Shawn was been with good terms with Weider. Hello??? He was the emcee of the Olympia!

Two years ago, Shawn went to work for Vyotech, and still does. He didn't want to be exclusive to any magazine then. Last year, he signed a one year deal with Musclemag Magazine. And now, he is with MD.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2007, 11:01:20 PM »
In my opinion, Sean has made a brave but worthwhile choice.

For once Hank, you are full of it.

Plain and simple, Shawn got offered very good money to work for MD for two years. He took it, thus in his contract, it says 'Not to Post on Getbig'. It is so simple. Simple business decision for more money than he was getting from MuscleMag. If someone else offered more, then so be it.

So stop the crap of a brave, but worthwhile choice.  The truth is easier. He can't post because it is in his contract.  It is a business decision. We get it.