Author Topic: Who do you think should go up/down a weightclass in UFC?  (Read 2977 times)

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
Re: Who do you think should go up/down a weightclass in UFC?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
Hmmmm...good point.

Wasnt trying to argue with you about it, I just simply said that I dont think it would be a great idea for someone/anyone to cut that much weight.  It is difficult to regain all your power and strength after losing that much water.  I have never cut weight, but Ive been dehydrated as hell, and even after IV and electrolyte ingestion, I feel sluggish.
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 04:29:31 PM »
Wasnt trying to argue with you about it, I just simply said that I dont think it would be a great idea for someone/anyone to cut that much weight.  It is difficult to regain all your power and strength after losing that much water.  I have never cut weight, but Ive been dehydrated as hell, and even after IV and electrolyte ingestion, I feel sluggish.
Those with high school and collegiate wrestling backgrounds are at a distinct advantage when it comes to being able to compete after cutting.

Again though, the only thing a guy can drop in 24-48 hours is water, so when a fighter can't make weight but doesn't appear to be ripped, it's usually like you said, they're completely dehydrated -- but still holding fat.
BigNationRadio.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
Those with high school and collegiate wrestling backgrounds are at a distinct advantage when it comes to being able to compete after cutting.

Again though, the only thing a guy can drop in 24-48 hours is water, so when a fighter can't make weight but doesn't appear to be ripped, it's usually like you said, they're completely dehydrated -- but still holding fat.

I agree that wrestlers can cut weight easier than probably anyone else.  I know I wouldnt be able to do that shit.  But you gotta give it up to those who can.  I personally hate Matt Hughes, but I know he normally walks around close to 200 lbs. and can make the cut everytime.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 04:59:16 AM »
hughes talked about moving up to fight anderson silva

i think this is likely, he wanna revenge his buddy franklin!
Z

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
hughes talked about moving up to fight anderson silva

i think this is likely, he wanna revenge his buddy franklin!
Hughes, with his compact frame and better ground skills, would probably be a better match-up than Franklin, even at 185. That's a fight I'd pay to see. They should hold it in Iowa and sell out the State Fairgrounds, all 10000 acres of it.

BigNationRadio.com

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 10:46:20 AM »
Hughes, with his compact frame and better ground skills, would probably be a better match-up than Franklin, even at 185. That's a fight I'd pay to see. They should hold it in Iowa and sell out the State Fairgrounds, all 10000 acres of it.

they both love jesus so much god would have a hard time picking a winner.
A

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 01:12:44 PM »

Yeah I think its a better fight, but I hate Matt Hughes!