Author Topic: Reoccurring Dreams  (Read 6014 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Reoccurring Dreams
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:35:19 PM »
Do you have any reoccurring dreams?

The dreams I have that seem to have most often are both bad dreams.  One is where a tooth or some teeth crumble and fall out and another one is that I have college finals and I haven't been to class all semester and I don't even know where my class is located.  That one is a horrible nightmare

--on a side note, I dreamed last night that I was by a grocery store by my mom's house and I could barely see out of my windshield.  A man in a red truck that looked like Glen Beck pulled over to help me clean it off.  I was supposed to be taking care of Flower's dogs (second time I dreamed that) but she had 5 - the extra one was a whitish kind of Jack Russell type dog but it's legs were longer.  Anyway I went to her house and by the time I let them out to pee they all had to go really badly but none had had an accident in the house.  So then later Glen Beck and the dogs and I were in the backyard and he pushed me into the pool!  I was so mad that I acted like I was dead at the bottom and he jumped in because he thought he had killed me.  Then I got out and he asked if his son could cut through Flower's yard on the way to school.       ???  ???

Deedee, where are you when we need you ;D
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Reoccurring Dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

5 dogs?!?   :o

I have a pool?    :D

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »

The dreams I have that seem to have most often are both bad dreams.  One is where a tooth or some teeth crumble and fall out and another one is that I have college finals and I haven't been to class all semester and I don't even know where my class is located.  That one is a horrible nightmare

--on a side note, I dreamed last night that I was by a grocery store by my mom's house and I could barely see out of my windshield.  A man in a red truck that looked like Glen Beck pulled over to help me clean it off.  I was supposed to be taking care of Flower's dogs (second time I dreamed that) but she had 5 - the extra one was a whitish kind of Jack Russell type dog but it's legs were longer.  Anyway I went to her house and by the time I let them out to pee they all had to go really badly but none had had an accident in the house.  So then later Glen Beck and the dogs and I were in the backyard and he pushed me into the pool!  I was so mad that I acted like I was dead at the bottom and he jumped in because he thought he had killed me.  Then I got out and he asked if his son could cut through Flower's yard on the way to school.       ???  ???

I have a similar college dream. it's like I forgot to go to class or something all semester and it's finals time and i'm totlly unprepared. Another one I have on the unprepared subject is when I was a kicker in college on the football team and we can't start the game because I can't find my shoes and I end up wearing regular dress shoes and I'm slipping all over the place. The whole stadium is waiting for me to find my shoes.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
I have a similar college dream. it's like I forgot to go to class or something all semester and it's finals time and i'm totlly unprepared. Another one I have on the unprepared subject is when I was a kicker in college on the football team and we can't start the game because I can't find my shoes and I end up wearing regular dress shoes and I'm slipping all over the place. The whole stadium is waiting for me to find my shoes.

haha  I have one frequently where I am in college, and I totally forget that I have enrolled in this History class (it's always history), and then I remember at the end of the semester, right before the final exam.   :D
:)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 01:25:40 PM »
i dreamed i was giving Rip a foot massage last night. :D

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »

Deedee, where are you when we need you

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 01:56:33 PM »
I have never had a bad dream.  I guess I'm very lucky.  Never ever a nightmare.  I do all my stressing whilst awake...

My favourite re-occurring dream is just a feeeeling.  I've thought about it alot and have decided that I think it must be about when I'm in the womb or something.  I just swish around all happy.  That's it.  No words, no pictures, only wonderful feeling.  I just exist in a comfy bubble and I love it.  I dream it frequently and it makes me feel safe.

STella dreampt about me once, that was fun(ny...  we were doing handicrafts !!!
I love STella's nice dreams (but the weird ones, like the one about the knives last year and especially now, hearing about dreaming about losing teeth, well they are upsetting...
xxxL

Can you wake yourself up in the middle of something horrid and find something nice to go back to?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 02:07:52 PM »
Dream Interpretation Dreams of Teeth
By: Jeff Rose

Dreams about teeth, particularly dreams where the dreamer finds his or her teeth falling out, are much more common than you might think. Some common forms of this dream include dreams in which the dreamers teeth crumble in his or her hands, or dreams in which the teeth fall out with just a light touch. These dreams can be extremely frightening, even more so than chase dreams or falling dreams. In addition, such dreams often leave the dreamer with an image that is hard to shake even after waking.

There are many theories about just what teeth, and losing teeth, represent in the dream world, and these can be some of the most difficult dreams to interpret. One theory holds that dreams about teeth, and losing teeth, are a reflection of the dreamers anxiety about his or her appearance, and about how the dreamer thinks others perceive him or her.

This interpretation is certainly valid, especially since we live in a society that seems to value physical beauty above all else. Since a good set of teeth play an important role in physical beauty, it is easy to see how uncertainties about ones appearance could manifest themselves in dreams about losing teeth.

Since teeth play such an important role in physical attraction scenarios, such as flirting and getting the attention of the opposite sex, dreams of losing teeth can be manifestations of fears of getting old, fears of sexual impotence or other dating related anxieties.

Other interpretations of dreams of losing teeth hold that they are representations of fear of embarrassment or making a fool of oneself. For instance, someone who is dreading a potentially embarrassing situation, such as making a speech or other public speaking engagement,

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »

That's odd because I have dreams about that as well. I'd say three or four times a month about my teeth falling out or something of the sort.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »
That's odd because I have dreams about that as well. I'd say three or four times a month about my teeth falling out or something of the sort.

Teeth: It is exceedingly common to dream of losing a tooth, or even of all one's teeth falling out. Such dream may well occur simply because you grind or gnash your teeth in your sleep. But the dream may also be a reminder from your subconscious that it is time to make an appointment with a dentist. It can also be an omen of financial problems.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »
Teeth: It is exceedingly common to dream of losing a tooth, or even of all one's teeth falling out. Such dream may well occur simply because you grind or gnash your teeth in your sleep. But the dream may also be a reminder from your subconscious that it is time to make an appointment with a dentist. It can also be an omen of financial problems.

...nah...that's my wife's job...she reminds me & makes the appointments.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:33:36 PM »
I have this dream where i'm flying above the clouds, then suddendly i find myself falling very fast towards the gorund...then i usually wake up pretty scared..Been having this dream since i was a young lad..

I also have that one about losing teeth quite frequently... ???

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 05:02:50 AM »
I too have had dreams about my teeth crumbling into my hands.  Just spitting them out.  Weird.  :-\
:D Weee

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 06:05:10 AM »

One is where a tooth or some teeth crumble and fall out

Wow I have that same dream (teeth crumbling and falling out) what does this mean? Someone told me stress causes that type of dream. 
W

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 06:05:27 AM »
Stella, If you deam about your teeth breaking, its time for a trip to the dentist. Their is a really good chance your grinding your teeth or clenching them. After my mom died I was having dreams of my teeth shattering- low and behold when I went to the dentist I was clenching them. She mentioned that dreams of broken teeth are usally caused by grinding or clenching.  :)
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 06:12:47 AM »
I've heard the teeth crumbling one can mean you talk too much which could be the case :-[ but this:

Such dream may well occur simply because you grind or gnash your teeth in your sleep.

Stella, If you deam about your teeth breaking, its time for a trip to the dentist. Their is a really good chance your grinding your teeth or clenching them. After my mom died I was having dreams of my teeth shattering- low and behold when I went to the dentist I was clenching them. She mentioned that dreams of broken teeth are usally caused by grinding or clenching.  :)

could also be true for me.  I have to wear a "nightguard" thing because I grind my teeth in my sleep.

Last night I had such weird ones and one included a part of another reoccurring dream I have where I need to get somewhere on the highway and I come to a section of road that is heavily grooved but perpendicular to the flat part of the highway.  It goes straight up and you have to drive your car going straight up toward the sky for about a mile the whole time fearing that it will flip over and fall back down to the ground.  We even sit way forward in our seats as it that will help.  I hate that one :P
R

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 07:23:03 AM »
I have this dream where i'm flying above the clouds, then suddendly i find myself falling very fast towards the gorund...then i usually wake up pretty scared..Been having this dream since i was a young lad..

I heard that you always wake up before you hit the ground, or else you die for real. 

:)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »
I dream't that I was at the playboy mansion and having the time of my life. The the 6am alarm buzzer went off and ruined everything :(

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 09:22:39 AM »

I also have that one about losing teeth quite frequently... ???

Try wearing a parachute to bed then come back and tell us if that helps the post dream emotions!

W

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 12:46:40 AM »

haha  I have one frequently where I am in college, and I totally forget that I have enrolled in this History class (it's always history), and then I remember at the end of the semester, right before the final exam.   :D

I rarely dream,but man,  those freaking college exam dreams..   I've had one for over 10 years.    Its an organic chemistry test with all of the chiral compounds on it.  The thing is the compounds are like nothing I've ever seen before and I can't remember the basics of what I'm trying to do.   The only equation I can remember is Na + H2O2 = NaOH + OH (its a bullshit equation that has nothign to do with chirality).  The kicker is the chiral compounds when arranged correctly spell out the unidentified tissue on the drawing of the equine testicle (That fucking test was the only quiz I ever flunked in veterinary school---and I flunked it good and to this day I don't know why I wrote down some of the answers I did for it.  I came back and got the questions right on the practical, but that quiz killed me).

Another one I have is this tantric sex dream.... yes, I know I'm male, I've had sex dreams as long as I can remember.  But the thing is all of the women in it are my wife.  Usually there are twins, sometimes triplets and one wild night there were sextuplets.   That was a good dream, until my wife slapped the crap out of me for moaning and grabbing her breast.  Then I woke up.  The weird thing about that dream was when I had it as a teenager, the women never really had a face (Ok, I was more concerned with other areas of their anatomy, but I don't remmeber faces).  About 6 months after I met my wife, the face was hers and its been that way ever since.   I can't remember the women in that dream ever having a face other than hers.   I'm not sure what that means. 

The final recurrent dream I have is one where I get stabbed.  I'm walking down a back allyway and this guy steps out and asks me for my money/wallet/computer/wedding ring.   I tell him no, I don't have what he's asking for.  He then starts cussing me in Spanish (or Greek--I'm not sure) and pops a knife.  A fight ensues with me ultimately getting stabbed in the abdomen.  Up until last month when I injured my abs, I never felt pain from getting stabbed. Then I had the dream last month and I literally woke up screaming.   Its weird.....The thing is when I was in highschool I ended up in a knife fight where I got cut.  I've always thought it was just reliving that experience, but the feeling the pain was weird. 

The final dream I have is one that so far doesn't end but its way too vivid and fucked up.  I'm working at a zoo and there is a big cat escape.  Basically I then start hunting the big cat (It can be a lion, a tiger, a jaguar, or a leopard, it varies) with a dart rifle to keep it away from the school that is along the property of the zoo.   The thing is my dart gun is made from a water balloon and a hollow bamboo pipe.  We are using Etorphine (a highly concentrated narcotic which isn't used in big cats as an anesthetic.  Its also very dangerous for human use with only a few drops on the skin in theory being capable of killing a human) to immobilize the cat.  I go through the brush to the cat which is staring at me when I realize that not one, but two of them have escaped and I'm the one being hunted.  I try to reload a dart so I've got a spare, but everything you can imagine goes wrong with the dart, from the rubber stopper sticking to me not having enough drug, to me getting the Etorphine in my eyes, to the dart not pressurizing.  The whole time this big cat is hunting me, stalking through the woods with the other one just sitting there staring.  I put the second dart behind my ear (why I dont' know) and proceed forward to dart the cat that is sitting there.  I get within a few feet of it, and shoot it with the dart gun.  When the dart lands, it doesn't move.  Its then that I realize it was a stuffed decoy set there by the cat that was hunting me so I  would waste my dart.  At that point the cat jumps out of the brush and attacks me.  I try to beat it with the bamboo pipe of the dart rifle because I can't get the thing reloaded.  Then there is an elephant crashing through the brush, which distracts the cat.  I stab the cat in the ass with the Etorphine dart, and watch it slooooowly discharge as Pumba and Timone sing the "No Worries" song from the Lion King which is followed up with Timone asking me if he dressed in drag and did the hula if it would help save my shit.  The cat turns on me and pins me to the ground and I wake up.   

I'm really not sure what all of that means, but I'm a bit afraid to find out the ending. 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 12:53:42 AM »

LOL.  I drive a red truck, but I really don't think I look like Glen Beck.  Kevin James crossed with Scott Cartwright maybe, but not Glen Beck.  ;D ;D  ;)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 05:36:45 AM »
Mine are wet (seriously)

is that bad?

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 05:47:09 AM »
Mine are wet (seriously)

is that bad?

ya, it means Laura is spending too much time on getbig
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 05:47:32 AM »

The final recurrent dream I have is one where I get stabbed. ,,,,, the feeling the pain was weird. 

I once dreamed I was stabbed in the neck and woke up w/a sore throat.

Its then that I realize it was a stuffed decoy set there by the cat that was hunting me so I  would waste my dart.  
haha!
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 06:03:28 AM »
I once dreamed I was stabbed in the neck and woke up w/a sore throat.
haha!
I used to have a reoccuring dream about roller skating past this house on my street that had very high hedges and once I past the hedges someone jumped out and repeatedly stabbed me.  I was only a kid when I was having them too.  Maybe 9 or 10  years old.
:D Weee