Author Topic: CA Fires = Terrorism?  (Read 1486 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
CA Fires = Terrorism?
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:28:35 PM »
http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2007/10/22/california-fire-battalion-chief-whoever-did-this-knew-what-they-were-doing/

California Fire Battalion Chief - Whoever Did This Knew What They Were Doing
October 22, 2007

Fire officials are now stating that the Orange County Santiago fire was purposely set and there is speculation that other fires may have also been deliberate.

Fire officials found three separate “points of origin,” all near the intersection of Silverado Canyon Road and Santiago Canyon Road. Two were on one side of the road, and the third was on the other. “Whoever did this knew what they were doing,” said Kris Concepcion, a fire authority battalion chief. Also, the fire traveled 3 miles in its first 20 minutes when it was ignited about 6 p.m. Sunday, he said.

We are NOT implying that the California fires are an act of terrorism however; the threat of pyro-terrorist attacks pose a significant risk to the U.S. and the fires in California and in Greece earlier this year should be a wake-up call.

In 2003 an FBI memo alerted law enforcement agencies that an al-Qaeda terrorist being held in detention had talked of masterminding a plot to set a series of devastating forest fires around the western United States.

It was reported that the detainee, who was not identified, said the plan involved three or four people setting wildfires using timed devices in Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming that would detonate in forests and grasslands after the operatives had left the country.

“The detainee believed that significant damage to the U.S. economy would result and once it was realized that the fires were terrorist acts, U.S. citizens would put pressure on the U.S. government to change its policies,” the memo said.

How Can So Many Fires Be By Natural Causes ?

A Local News Radio talk show host in San Diego asked, “how can so many fires, in so many places, in such a short period of time, all be caused by natural causes”.

From USA Today in July of 2003

al-Qaeda Detainee Spoke of Fire Plot

The FBI alerted law enforcement agencies last month that an al-Qaeda terrorist now in detention had talked of masterminding a plot to set a series of devastating forest fires around the western United States.

Rose Davis, a spokeswoman for the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, told The Associated Press that officials there took note of the warning but didn’t see a need to act further on it.

The contents of the June 25 memo from the FBI’s Denver office were reported Friday by The Arizona Republic. Davis declined to share a copy of the memo and an FBI spokeswoman in Denver didn’t immediately return a telephone call.

As we have stated before. If you see anything suspicious, report it to law enforcement immediately.

UPDATE: Video - Officials say arson now suspected in Orange County Fire

UPDATE: From Los Angeles Fox News

“I’m sad to report this is an arson fire,” OCFA Chief Chip Prather announced at an early morning briefing. “There were three separate starts: two on one side of the road and one on the other, and obviously we are actively investigating that.”

UPDATE Tuesday Night 10/23/07 An unidentified man was being detained late Tuesday for attempting to light a possible arson fire at the Mojave River Forks Campground near Highway 173 and Arrowhead Lake Road in Hesperia, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said.

About 8:50 p.m., a woman driving past the Mojave Forks Campground witnessed “a subject crouched down and then she saw fire,” Beavers said.

The woman immediately called the police, Beavers said, thus alerting and Sheriff’s deputies and CHP officers who were in the area setting up roadblocks.

Officers found the male suspect on a motorcycle at a nearby mini-market on Arrowhead Lake Road.

The man has not yet been arrested but the incident is being investigated, Beavers said.

UPDATE: 10/24/07 This morning on Fox News, hosts of the show Fox and Friends discussed this. They pointed to a 2003 FBI memo, which raised the possibility that al Qaeda may try to set wildfires around the western United States. They also noted that men in a “hovering helicopter” saw “a guy starting one of these fires.”

Transcript:

DOOCY: You’re looking live at pictures from San Diego — Santiago, CA, where the wildfires continue. We were talking earlier in today’s telecast with Adam Housley and apparently police officers in a hovering helicopter saw a guy starting one of these fires. And Allison Allison Camerota, an FBI memo from late in June of that year is popping up this morning and it is ominous.

CAMEROTA: This actually has happened for many years in the past as well. An FBI sent out to local law-enforcement said that an al Qaeda detainee had given them some information that the next wave of terrorism could be in the form of setting wild fires. Adam Housley said lots of people on his blog were asking him about it. Obviously this is something the FBI has looked into. They will continue to investigate it.

CARLSON: If they have this person in custody it probably won’t take long to be able to develop a link if there is one.

KILMEADE: A June 25 memo from the FBI’s Denver offices reported three days ago, excuse me, five days ago, by the Arizona Republic, that is a newspaper, they have been carrying the story and they continue to expand upon it.

DOOCY: Brian, the plot they say, according to this detainee, and they don’t know if the detainee is telling the truth. The plot was to set three or four wildfires. But they don’t mention California. They mention Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming. We do know for a fact that a number of the fires in southern California are of a suspicious nature and they are investigating arson.

R

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: CA Fires = Terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:24 PM »
As if wildfires never took place in so cal before.  ::)

Probably some hippy fell off of a redwood and started the whole mess. Now shut the theory down. I mean you sound like 240's female counterpart or something.  ???

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
As if wildfires never took place in so cal before.  ::)

Probably some hippy fell off of a redwood and started the whole mess. Now shut the theory down. I mean you sound like 240's female counterpart or something.  ???

I'm just posting an article someone sent me in an email  :'(

R

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:59:36 PM »
I'm just posting an article someone sent me in an email  :'(

Sorry.  :'( It just seems wild. Like 240 dressed up as wonderwoman on oct. 31st.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
Sorry.  :'( It just seems wild. Like 240 dressed up as wonderwoman on oct. 31st.
that's OK lol

I agree it seems wild and hopefully isn't the case
R

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:20:51 PM »
that's OK lol

I agree it seems wild and hopefully isn't the case

Me too.  8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »

Um...

FOX news on Wed AM reported a 4-year old FBI memo with a theory that al quida 'might consider' using wildfires in colorado and other places during the peak of summer.

It was posted on a blog 5 days ago.

Today, FOX broke into coverage and said it was breaking news.

Camel Jockey, this is fearmongering and sensationalism on the part of fox news, using a 4-year old theory.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/25/fire.arson/index.html

"The FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Orange County Fire Authority are investigating the Santiago Fire, which has burned more than 22,000 acres, Orange County Fire Battalion Chief Kris Concepcion told CNN.

"The reason we think it is [arson] is because we found multiple points of origin," Concepcion said. "... Our investigators have confirmed that this is, in fact, arson."

Concepcion would not say how the fire was started, but said evidence indicated the arsonist wanted the fire to grow rapidly.

All three of its points of origin are considered crime scenes, said Jim Amornino, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

A $70,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest of those responsible for setting the fire. No suspects have been identified.

The state established a toll-free arson tip line at 800-540-7085. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said anyone convicted of arson would be dealt with harshly...

..."That's the part that I really can't figure out, to tell you the truth," he told CNN. "That individual knew on Sunday when this fire started that we had, really, the perfect storm, if you will. We had the heavy Santa Ana winds, we had the low relative humidities, we had the high temperatures. "

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 11:27:38 AM »

it's been said, that the more wild something is (like a theory), the more truthful it is. Kinda like alien abductions :-\

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 05:59:12 PM »
So if it's arson, then by default it's "terrorism"? ::)

Chris Rock would've called y'all on this.

N***a please.

As empty as paradise

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »

Chris Rock would've called y'all on this.

N***a please.

Shit Hedge havent you heard; everything we cant explain is terrorism.  Easy Scapegoat to blame shit on. 
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »
This could be the false flag many have been expecting any day now...  Let the eye rolls begin ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »
We need a boonasty movie.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »
We need a boonasty movie.
I've had my fix today ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »
This could be the false flag many have been expecting any day now...  Let the eye rolls begin ;D

We need to strike Iran hard and fast!!!

I wouldn't bet against the fool bringing the attention to fighting Iran in a televised speech to the nation though.

Where he first talks about the disaster in California, how that disaster is a big threat to "our lifestyle" and progressively mentions bigger threats to USA.

Probably will mention North Korea somewhere along the way.

And finally land on Iran, that it is the biggest threat of them all. And that it is a major threat to everything that makes USA what it is et al.

And shortly thereafter, an attack could be coming.

Sound familiar?

This is pretty much how the speech to the nation before the Iraq invasion was rhetorically structured.

Base-build up-final.

Here I am, going all conspiracy theorist again. ;D
As empty as paradise

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 07:13:23 PM »

We need to strike Iran hard and fast!!!

I wouldn't bet against the fool bringing the attention to fighting Iran in a televised speech to the nation though.

Where he first talks about the disaster in California, how that disaster is a big threat to "our lifestyle" and progressively mentions bigger threats to USA.

Probably will mention North Korea somewhere along the way.

And finally land on Iran, that it is the biggest threat of them all. And that it is a major threat to everything that makes USA what it is et al.

And shortly thereafter, an attack could be coming.

Sound familiar?

This is pretty much how the speech to the nation before the Iraq invasion was rhetorically structured.

Base-build up-final.

Here I am, going all conspiracy theorist again. ;D

I fuckin hope the hell not.  Ive spent many months over here in this shithole, and I dont want to go to Iran.  Guess it doesnt really matter, only got 15 months left til separation..........Than k God!  Fuck this war.....absolutely pointless and getting worse by the day!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »
I fuckin hope the hell not.  Ive spent many months over here in this shithole, and I dont want to go to Iran.  Guess it doesnt really matter, only got 15 months left til separation..........Than k God!  Fuck this war.....absolutely pointless and getting worse by the day!
Be careful, I would hate to see you sacrifice so much and near the end, get nailed for saying something they didn't like.

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 08:01:37 PM »
Be careful, I would hate to see you sacrifice so much and near the end, get nailed for saying something they didn't like.

Ill be fine!  First amendment and all....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 08:06:42 PM »
Ill be fine!  First amendment and all....
You're not serious are you?  You signed away some of your first amendment rights.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 02:51:51 AM »

No.