Author Topic: MD loses Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman and gets Shawn Ray!  (Read 3644 times)

AVBG

Re: MD loses Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman and gets Shawn Ray!
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
I spoke to Melvin Anthony just LAST NIGHT and trust me he can care LESS about losing his affiliation with MD. Trust me on that. He is NOT losing sleep and will probably sleep even better now.

This is a company that is ran by a guy(Blechman) who, does genuinely love bodybuilding and genuinely does love his product and giving back to an industry that treated him and his family so handsomely(Twinlab) but then ironically, he hires a local boy(Guess who!) who in his own right does have great knowledge and is a very educated in his chosen field of bodybuilding study and let's him have some power instead of keeping him confined to just a simple 'Question&Answer' about bodybuilding pharmacology.

They say POWER corrupts and Absolute Power corrupts ABSOLUTELY. This same guy turns around and uses the power granted to him to turn MD from a respected magazine, in a time when magazines are soon becomming obsolete as it gave us truth about gear usage and entertaining tidbits in an industry made to look like fantasy land by the WEST COAST empire, to a complete joke! He gives this guy an INCH and he takes a MILE with the poorly organized fued he started with True Adonis and Derek Anthony. Then he goes and starts this radio show, which could be something but perverts it by 'whacking people' who didn't fit in MD's/NYC/East Coast scene, then he lies to Steve and uses the Jedi Mind Trick on Steve to dupe him into believeing that there is/was a legit need for hiring or cutting a paycheck to a Billy Gunns? A Mr. G? Colette Nelson?

Who...what...WTF?!? This is when I stopped buying MD at the 7-11 on the corner of my crib. When it became an EAST COAST/NYC magazine with nothing but pics of these circus freaky friends of this guy who are 100% completely riding the coat-tails of Steve's blind generosity. To cut a paycheck for Mr. G? Mr. G. 'Train With Mr. G  call...' Billy Gunns? Billy is a toadie who got kicked out of mommy's house then bunked up with Dave/Colette. Mr. G is this once homeless dude who is a local gyms' mascot who did a small time show. A paycheck needs to be cut for them? All expense trips need to be paid for these clowns? Then they use it to promote...themselves? They associate themselves with a Derek Anthony? For pete's sakes does Steve think about the HARDWORKING people in the cubicles, in the office of MD working hard to get everything in before deadline to get the magazine out on time so they can get paid and eat and go home ot their apartments/homes with mortgages? How do you think they feel to see extra money being cut from THEIR hard work to...a Mr. G? Billy Gunns? How many meals has a Colette or a Mr. G or a Billy Gunns gotten for FREE because of Steve's blindness?

Let this question be asked...how does respected buisness associates like a Flex Wheeler or anyone els feel about this person 'spreading the wealth' to his local gym buddies?

"...hey, no problem. I got Steve in my back-pocket. You wanna go to the Olympia and party? Sure...no problem. I'll tell Steve that you have to be my...eh, my ummm...my...my 'assistant production microphone holder'. That's it! Perfect. Then he'll say...'Okay' and we'll go to the Olympia and you can promote yourself and we'll just eat dinners on Steve and party and in the mean time we'll spit in everyone at MD's offices' face while my girlfriend stuffs more steak down her throat and guzzles more red wine...no prob! "

They let go of a REAL talent in Special Ed who could have brought in comedy that MD desperately needed and a fresh new perspective of the BB industry from the eys of a great witty pundit who knows the industry better than most. So much talent wasted because SpecialEd was a 'POSITION'. He was an OBSTACLE. With him on board it would have been harder to get a...Billy Gunns or a Mr. G all expense paid trips and more food paid for whoever els fits in that freaky entorage(sp?).

Steve also gets duped into signing NOTHING but NYC/EAST COAST BB's for a 'Q&A'. Who the FUCK gives a rats ass what Kai Greene or a Ben 'Milk Tits' White has to say? What a waste of money. Give all the people at the MD office a 1% raise with that money for a fkn...Desmond Miller 'Q&A'. I promise you that the magazine wouldn't skip a beat without a....'NY GIANT Q&A' and the magazine would be even better if everyone got that 1% raise. The morale would be higher and everyone would be more loyal and more productive.

Just my point of view...

TheBlock 'Shane from CHICAGO' Head.
quoted for the truth.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »

Thanks, mate...

I hope Steve reads this to. I know he will actually.

I hope I get his wheels turning here and he wakes the fk up. I used to LOVE MD Magazine. I will never buy another copy at 7-11 over on Talcott Ave/Devon in Park Ridge, IL until I see change and everyone in his office gets a 1% raise.

Until then I am buying Ironman every month as I have been. I still love to read a magazine. At age 29 I guess I'm 'old school'.

Oh yea...at the ASC 07...they hire Lauren Powers to do 'microphone' work for them and what does she do? She tapes over 'MD' on the microphone and puts a 'Lauren Powers.com' label over it. Hahahaha...

That pretty much sums everything up. Steve is being taken advantage of by leech, blood sucking trolls.
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »

Bump!
?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »
Bump!

Hey Block, Double CC said stop talking about his baby mother and son. He doesn't play that shit bro.  :o ;D

SGT D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 08:00:09 PM »
Thanks, mate...

I hope Steve reads this to. I know he will actually.

I hope I get his wheels turning here and he wakes the fk up. I used to LOVE MD Magazine. I will never buy another copy at 7-11 over on Talcott Ave/Devon in Park Ridge, IL until I see change and everyone in his office gets a 1% raise.

Until then I am buying Ironman every month as I have been. I still love to read a magazine. At age 29 I guess I'm 'old school'.

Oh yea...at the ASC 07...they hire Lauren Powers to do 'microphone' work for them and what does she do? She tapes over 'MD' on the microphone and puts a 'Lauren Powers.com' label over it. Hahahaha...

That pretty much sums everything up. Steve is being taken advantage of by leech, blood sucking trolls.

I agree, Steve takes alot of shit in here, but he seems to generally love BB, it's a shame that a few guido clowns are destroying the magazine and it's reputation. I used to look foward to it coming out but I read the last issue and was disgusted. The whole Ben White article was bullshit, IMO MuscleMag is the best one around.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »
Hey Block, Double CC said stop talking about his baby mother and son. He doesn't play that shit bro.  :o ;D

SGT D
What?
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
I agree, Steve takes alot of shit in here, but he seems to generally love BB, it's a shame that a few guido clowns are destroying the magazine and it's reputation. I used to look foward to it coming out but I read the last issue and was disgusted. The whole Ben White article was bullshit, IMO MuscleMag is the best one around.
I agree. I've been reading Ironman. The contest coverage and industry inside news is way better.

MD just promotes NYC and the whole seedy NYC scene...with GASP clothing.
?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »
I agree. I've been reading Ironman. The contest coverage and industry inside news is way better.

MD just promotes NYC and the whole seedy NYC scene...with GASP clothing.

I like Ironman too. The thing is those mags get you excited about BB. You read MD you see Palumbo give out drug advice to drop a horse and Romano's ramblings. Who wants to be associated with that? Showing photos of DA and Billy don't help either, they are EXACTLY what is wrong with the mag.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 08:44:16 PM »
where is Ironman for sale? I never see it.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
where is Ironman for sale? I never see it.

i don't go out of my way to look for it, but the only place i see it is 7-11, you could try Barnes and Noble or something like that too.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 08:48:03 PM »
Well if there's one thing we've all learned from Shawn's 15 years with AMI/Weider and his 9 videos, it's that we know we won't learn anything new from Shawn Ray.

Then again, when you look like this at 21, what exactly can he tell us other than the code to his DNA?

And the phone number to his roid connection

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »
Manion once commented that Sean had the most genetic superior physique he had ever witnessed!...Now that is saying something.

Sean is still the 'benchmark' for Bodybuilding perfection.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 03:07:31 AM »
Manion once commented that Sean had the most genetic superior physique he had ever witnessed!...Now that is saying something.

Sean is still the 'benchmark' for Bodybuilding perfection.

For sub 5'6 bodybuilders that is.
No doubt about it...