Author Topic: MD loses Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman and gets Shawn Ray!  (Read 3641 times)

Stormcloud

• Getbig II
MD loses Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman and gets Shawn Ray!
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
What an accomplishment there!

thisiskeith12

Re: MD loses Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman and gets Shawn Ray!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »
Is this considered a trade?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »

Melvin's contract does not end until October 31st with MD.  And Shawn's contract does not end until October 31st with MuscleMag. As for where Melvin is going... hmmm..... does it have anything to do with PBW's show on Monday night. Will there be an announcement there?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
MD likes everything to be a package deal. You make a deal, they touch your package.

For real though, can't they just leave the guys alone? Can't Melvin sit down to watch Monday night football without getting a call from Steve or Dave begging him to come on the "internet radio" show? Can't Toney get ready for a show without Dave calling him every other day to find out what he's eating and how much he weighs?

Can't Steve's wife just write the checks without asking these guys to do so much? I mean it's bad enough they have to talk to Ron Harris every month about their training routines so Ron can go and write their bylined articles, but do they really want to shoot videos, have lunches with the 'muscle mafia', do an "internet radio" show no one except BigAssTriceps listens to, and have to check in with "the boss" every other day to talk training with a 145 lb guy?

Just cut them a friggin' check and leave them alone!
BigNationRadio.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 01:15:31 PM »
MD likes everything to be a package deal. You make a deal, they touch your package.

;D
E

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 01:23:55 PM »
Wow, this is GREAT! Lose two guys that are current competitors, large fan base and have obvious years left in them to compete. Then MD decides to sign a guy who has been publicly retired for 6+ years and has a shitty reputation with fellow competitors, judges and fans. Go figure!

Oh, and i'm sure Shawn will have some "influence" as to who stays and who goes. Much like when Melvin left VyoTech.

Blechman tries so hard to be accepted, he's obviously willing to pay a has-been and lose two guys.

I say the Patriots should bring back Doug Flutie and drop Tom Brady!!  ::)

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 01:33:39 PM »
Did Melvin leave because of his hatred for S. Ray? Can't blame the guy if he did.
Enjoy your dish...

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »
MD sucks. All you need is getbig  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »
Melvin's contract does not end until October 31st with MD.  And Shawn's contract does not end until October 31st with MuscleMag. As for where Melvin is going... hmmm..... does it have anything to do with PBW's show on Monday night. Will there be an announcement there?

Ron,

Are you saying that we shed Shawn Ray off our backs and, in turn, are getting Melvin and Toney to Post here in order to bring in some fresh air?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
Honestly Ron, if you were to publish a monthly magazine titled "GETBIG", people would so just buy the magazine as opposed to MD.  Give Special Ed, Goatboy, Squadfather, McFarland, Bluto, Power Rod and Myself and a few others a column and that shit would be gold.  Along with all the other IFBB pros that you can get on board, why else would someone want to buy MD?  We can use sexual mustard for the funny art etc..

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 01:42:02 PM »
Shawn Ray is to Steve Blechman as Beetlejuice is to Howard Stern. Only in America...

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »
Ron,

Are you saying that we shed Shawn Ray off our backs and, in turn, are getting Melvin and Toney to Post here in order to bring in some fresh air?

Melvin and Toney already post here

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 01:57:03 PM »
thats like trading two one hundred dollar bills for a couple quarters and some monopoly money. 
F

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »
sounds like a bad move to me. they do have alot of columns. i wonder if they could alternate the athletes every other month or something
irongearco.com

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 06:55:21 PM »
Well if there's one thing we've all learned from Shawn's 15 years with AMI/Weider and his 9 videos, it's that we know we won't learn anything new from Shawn Ray.

Then again, when you look like this at 21, what exactly can he tell us other than the code to his DNA?
BigNationRadio.com

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....we all know he looked good at 21. But he's still the biggest A-Hole in the history of the IFBB.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 12:19:13 AM »
Who gives a shit about Melvin.  He is lazy, hes a prick, and the most over rated guy on stage. Once again he got a gift at the O, should have been 7th or 8th.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »
This just in from the Miami Herald:

"In a surpirse move, the Miami Heat have released D. Wade and Shaq and signed former great Tim Hardaway. While Hardaway won't actually play, he will do video interviews in the locker room and post on the Heat message board."

You see, there actually is someone dumber than Blechwoman.

Enjoy your dish...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:26:12 AM »
Well if there's one thing we've all learned from Shawn's 15 years with AMI/Weider and his 9 videos, it's that we know we won't learn anything new from Shawn Ray.

Then again, when you look like this at 21, what exactly can he tell us other than the code to his DNA?

damn thats some physique.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 12:35:52 AM »
We need some more pros posting here. Ron, make it happen :)
No doubt about it...

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 05:16:37 AM »

For real though, can't they just leave the guys alone? Can't Melvin sit down to watch Monday night football without getting a call from Steve or Dave begging him to come on the "internet radio" show? Can't Toney get ready for a show without Dave calling him every other day to find out what he's eating and how much he weighs?

Can't Steve's wife just write the checks without asking these guys to do so much? I mean it's bad enough they have to talk to Ron Harris every month about their training routines so Ron can go and write their bylined articles, but do they really want to shoot videos, have lunches with the 'muscle mafia', do an "internet radio" show no one except BigAssTriceps listens to, and have to check in with "the boss" every other day to talk training with a 145 lb guy?

Counselor..sometimes athletes (wwell BB's) have to actually work to make some money, if that work is a phone interview or talking shop with the boss - so be it. It is not like they are in the lab creating a cure for cancer or heart diseases now, right? They lift a weight up and lower it or some variation of that in addition to eating...tough job!

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »
Honestly Ron, if you were to publish a monthly magazine titled "GETBIG", people would so just buy the magazine as opposed to MD.  Give Special Ed, Goatboy, Squadfather, McFarland, Bluto, Power Rod and Myself and a few others a column and that shit would be gold.  Along with all the other IFBB pros that you can get on board, why else would someone want to buy MD?  We can use sexual mustard for the funny art etc..
WHAT ABOUT THE INFAMOUS BIG KUBBY IN THERE HUH :'(
i

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 09:21:56 AM »
We need some more pros posting here. Ron, make it happen :)

I'm pretty sure that a lot of pros are on here.  But there are only a few who have the nuts to post under their real names.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 09:46:58 AM »

You're right, getting extra exposure in a variety of forms so that you can keep in touch with your fans sucks.  ::)
Repent, or join me!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »

I spoke to Melvin Anthony just LAST NIGHT and trust me he can care LESS about losing his affiliation with MD. Trust me on that. He is NOT losing sleep and will probably sleep even better now.

This is a company that is ran by a guy(Blechman) who, does genuinely love bodybuilding and genuinely does love his product and giving back to an industry that treated him and his family so handsomely(Twinlab) but then ironically, he hires a local boy(Guess who!) who in his own right does have great knowledge and is a very educated in his chosen field of bodybuilding study and let's him have some power instead of keeping him confined to just a simple 'Question&Answer' about bodybuilding pharmacology.

They say POWER corrupts and Absolute Power corrupts ABSOLUTELY. This same guy turns around and uses the power granted to him to turn MD from a respected magazine, in a time when magazines are soon becomming obsolete as it gave us truth about gear usage and entertaining tidbits in an industry made to look like fantasy land by the WEST COAST empire, to a complete joke! He gives this guy an INCH and he takes a MILE with the poorly organized fued he started with True Adonis and Derek Anthony. Then he goes and starts this radio show, which could be something but perverts it by 'whacking people' who didn't fit in MD's/NYC/East Coast scene, then he lies to Steve and uses the Jedi Mind Trick on Steve to dupe him into believeing that there is/was a legit need for hiring or cutting a paycheck to a Billy Gunns? A Mr. G? Colette Nelson?

Who...what...WTF?!? This is when I stopped buying MD at the 7-11 on the corner of my crib. When it became an EAST COAST/NYC magazine with nothing but pics of these circus freaky friends of this guy who are 100% completely riding the coat-tails of Steve's blind generosity. To cut a paycheck for Mr. G? Mr. G. 'Train With Mr. G  call...' Billy Gunns? Billy is a toadie who got kicked out of mommy's house then bunked up with Dave/Colette. Mr. G is this once homeless dude who is a local gyms' mascot who did a small time show. A paycheck needs to be cut for them? All expense trips need to be paid for these clowns? Then they use it to promote...themselves? They associate themselves with a Derek Anthony? For pete's sakes does Steve think about the HARDWORKING people in the cubicles, in the office of MD working hard to get everything in before deadline to get the magazine out on time so they can get paid and eat and go home ot their apartments/homes with mortgages? How do you think they feel to see extra money being cut from THEIR hard work to...a Mr. G? Billy Gunns? How many meals has a Colette or a Mr. G or a Billy Gunns gotten for FREE because of Steve's blindness?

Let this question be asked...how does respected buisness associates like a Flex Wheeler or anyone els feel about this person 'spreading the wealth' to his local gym buddies?

"...hey, no problem. I got Steve in my back-pocket. You wanna go to the Olympia and party? Sure...no problem. I'll tell Steve that you have to be my...eh, my ummm...my...my 'assistant production microphone holder'. That's it! Perfect. Then he'll say...'Okay' and we'll go to the Olympia and you can promote yourself and we'll just eat dinners on Steve and party and in the mean time we'll spit in everyone at MD's offices' face while my girlfriend stuffs more steak down her throat and guzzles more red wine...no prob! "

They let go of a REAL talent in Special Ed who could have brought in comedy that MD desperately needed and a fresh new perspective of the BB industry from the eys of a great witty pundit who knows the industry better than most. So much talent wasted because SpecialEd was a 'POSITION'. He was an OBSTACLE. With him on board it would have been harder to get a...Billy Gunns or a Mr. G all expense paid trips and more food paid for whoever els fits in that freaky entorage(sp?).

Steve also gets duped into signing NOTHING but NYC/EAST COAST BB's for a 'Q&A'. Who the FUCK gives a rats ass what Kai Greene or a Ben 'Milk Tits' White has to say? What a waste of money. Give all the people at the MD office a 1% raise with that money for a fkn...Desmond Miller 'Q&A'. I promise you that the magazine wouldn't skip a beat without a....'NY GIANT Q&A' and the magazine would be even better if everyone got that 1% raise. The morale would be higher and everyone would be more loyal and more productive.

Just my point of view...

TheBlock 'Shane from CHICAGO' Head.
?