Author Topic: ;m  (Read 1914 times)

• Getbig IV
;m
« on: October 26, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »
Its suppose to be  like a staph infection that is prevalent in health clubs and hospitals.. supposeduly so far this year it has killed more people than AIDs??

there is no cure and it kills you within a week from what I heard?

any info??

im scared to go the gym

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Anyone heard of the Super Bug MRSA?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »
i know someone that had it. was in the hospital for a week pumping the anti biotics. fine now.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »
It's all over my area(Oakland County, Michigan), they are closing new schools every day. :o
E

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:07:41 PM »
DOOMZ!!!!!!!

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »
it won't kill you in a week but the infectoin does get pretty nasty if you let it go untreated.  When you go to the gym make sure you wipe down the equipment before and after you use it :)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »
theres a non-fda approved cure for it...same as they have for the cold virus that involves inhaling fumes from burning iodine and some other shit....somehow strips the protein shell from the dna and makes the virus vulnerable to the immune systems defenses.

read that in some medical journal about 2 weeks ago

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »
They did this special on like 20/20 a while back about germs in the gym, and they did all these types of bacteria tests, and lets just say it the things that the bacteria they found was disturbing, and they tested all different types of gyms (hardcore/plush gyms).

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »
MRSA, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, is a staph infection that is resistant to most antibiotics.  It's a skin disease that will not go away on its own, but can be successfully treated with very specific strong antibiotics.  It could start out as a rash, or as folliculitis, an inflamed hair follicle (not the same as acne).   People can die from it if they ignore it and it gets into the blood stream.   So don't ignore skin infections.   Use Neosporin or other triple-antibiotic cream at the first sign of a skin infection.  And if an inflamed hair follicle starts radiating, that is you start seeing streaks running out from the central bump, that means it's gotten into your lymphatic system and you need to get on antibiotics immediately. 

(I'm not a doctor, but I was married* to one.)

* legal in Massachusetts, Canada, UK and other parts of Europe

(during the four years of his residency, then he dumped me)

tootie-patootie

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 05:08:10 PM »
i kid died recently in Brooklyn from contarcting mrsa while playing basketball. I don't think it will be a huge threat at the gyms for people who lift. I'd strongly recommend wearing gloves and using disinfectants on those cardio machines. I do believe however that this will be a major issue at MMA dojos where there is plenty of filth and more chances of getting an open wound. But you know what I say? Finally a simple solution to overproduction of MMA badasses.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 05:15:02 PM »
Yes, i am a MD.  MRSA is serious.  Gyms are common locals, you people need to clean up after using those benches.

MRSA is simply staph (we carry it) that is resistant to oxacillin.

fortunately, doxycycline and bactrim (2 commone antibiotics) cover MRSA.  the key is to not wait if you have a red rapidy spreading infection.  

you roid users, make sure you clean the area well before injecting....a MRSA abscess is not fun.
you are gay.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »
if you have diabetes, you are predisposed.  a simple way to prevent infection is to clean youself with hibiclens from neck down after comming home from the gym.
you are gay.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 05:17:44 PM »
I may have told this story here before but when I had to spend time in jail there was this dude that had it... this is a crqazy story

I was sitting in the day room away from the bunk area and me and a few other guysa were watching tv and heard this guy moaning in pain...

So we go see wtf was going on and he was laying on his side. We left him alone and thought he was just hurting from something else there was nothing obviously apparent...

So were watching tv and we hear him get louder. This time he was sitting the other way facing the wall... Then we saw it... seriously the most disgusting thing i'd ever seen in my life.. MRSA, the worst case the CO's and anyone around had ever seen.

He was laying there with half of his calf eaten away dow nto the bone. It was all wet looking with the outside of it scabbed up. It was the grossest thing ever. Seriously about 12 inches in diameter in an oval shape about an inch deep (no shit.) When he had gotten carted out we cleaned the room up and found a suicide note tp his mom and a noose he made out of his bedsheet.

People in jail often get it by picking scabs and zits and what not. The easiest way to get rid of it is antibiotics. It's not as bad as its made out to be on tv. They make it over the top dramatic. I'm sure that guys leg is gone now though. Here's a photo of MRSA

http://www.foogle.biz/super_bugs_mrsa/mrsa_flesh_eating.jpg
What I saw was worse than this honestly. I won't post the picture here just make a link as its really graphic and I know most people won't like it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »
MRSA, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, is a staph infection that is resistant to most antibiotics.  It's a skin disease that will not go away on its own, but can be successfully treated with very specific strong antibiotics.  It could start out as a rash, or as folliculitis, an inflamed hair follicle (not the same as acne).   People can die from it if they ignore it and it gets into the blood stream.   So don't ignore skin infections.   Use Neosporin or other triple-antibiotic cream at the first sign of a skin infection.  And if an inflamed hair follicle starts radiating, that is you start seeing streaks running out from the central bump, that means it's gotten into your lymphatic system and you need to get on antibiotics immediately. 

(I'm not a doctor, but I was married* to one.)

* legal in Massachusetts, Canada, UK and other parts of Europe

(during the four years of his residency, then he dumped me)
thank you

rckpytn

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 07:40:59 PM »
most people get MRSA from hospitals, it is due to uncleanliness more than anything else

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »
Im a carrier.  Got it from a surgery at a field hospital in Afghanistan.  It got into my leg, and it swelled to about two times normal size.  I was on 2 grams of rocephin IM per day for a week to get rid of it.  Nasty, Nasty bug.

Jason

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 08:39:42 PM »
JORGONGIS BABA AKA MULTIFACETTED LEMONADE is