Author Topic: Randy to fight in february in UFC  (Read 2308 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Randy to fight in february in UFC
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:01:19 PM »
"Randy Couture said he didn't receive a signing bonus, but not only did he receive a signing bonus, he cashed the check on Jan. 30," White said by telephone from his office. "I'm holding it in my hand right now. The check was dated Jan. 15 and he cashed it on Jan. 30.

"I'm not going to debate Randy in the media," White continued. "I understand he's not retired. So, fine. He's in the best fighting shape he's ever been in and so I'll put a fight together for him in February, because Randy is under contract with the UFC."

Question is, against who?  ???
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
Re: Randy to fight in february in UFC
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »
hows he gonna set up a fight after Randt resigned?????????
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 03:36:28 PM »
He still has 8 months left

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »
Correct, but Dana cant force Randy to fight anyone...plus he just came out of the cast, so if he wanted too he could say he's injured so he doesnt have to fight for Danas Ass anymore!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »
dana is a snake. he is going to hold randy to a fight no matter what. randy should go in the ring and fall down as soon as he gets hit
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 07:05:20 PM »
dana is a snake. he is going to hold randy to a fight no matter what. randy should go in the ring and fall down as soon as he gets hit

Only thing with that is that Randy would never do that.  I think he will go in there and fuckin be pissed and either whoop the shit out of whoever he fights, or make a huge mistake that will cost him the belt.  Either way it will be the last time he fights for Dana... ;D

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 06:13:17 AM »
yeah it would be better to stick to dana by exited and champion and then leaving and going to another organization
irongearco.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 07:36:10 AM »
randy has signed for 2 more fights. shouldnt he stand by his word and fight those 2 fights he promised?
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 09:35:30 AM »
randy has signed for 2 more fights. shouldnt he stand by his word and fight those 2 fights he promised?

He has fought one of the two from what I know...so one more and 8 months left?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »
"Randy Couture said he didn't receive a signing bonus, but not only did he receive a signing bonus, he cashed the check on Jan. 30," White said by telephone from his office. "I'm holding it in my hand right now. The check was dated Jan. 15 and he cashed it on Jan. 30.

"I'm not going to debate Randy in the media," White continued. "I understand he's not retired. So, fine. He's in the best fighting shape he's ever been in and so I'll put a fight together for him in February, because Randy is under contract with the UFC."

Question is, against who?  ???
February??

Isn't that when Lesnar makes his debut....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »
Werd! ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:59 AM »
He has fought one of the two from what I know...so one more and 8 months left?

he signed for 4 i think, i think he got 2 left
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 11:34:35 AM »
he signed for 4 i think, i think he got 2 left

Well fuck that sucks for him....he's stuck like Chuck!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »

If he had any class, he would honor his contract and then "retire". I just listened to Eds show comparing the UFC to the NFL regarding the veterans who sometimes have to watch a new guy come in and make more money than them, even though they are the ones who made the UFC what it is. I say who gives a fuck what other people are getting paid, if he signed the contract, honor it and stop worrying about other people.
E

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »
If he had any class, he would honor his contract and then "retire". I just listened to Eds show comparing the UFC to the NFL regarding the veterans who sometimes have to watch a new guy come in and make more money than them, even though they are the ones who made the UFC what it is. I say who gives a fuck what other people are getting paid, if he signed the contract, honor it and stop worrying about other people.

I think Randy will do the right thing.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

yeah im leaning towards that he acts like a little bitch myself too

if you sign a contract for 1,5 years of course a lot of things can happen in that time, more money coming into the business, maybe new ownership/partner deals etc and people signing up later will have the chance to get a better deal because of a lot of circumstances changed etc.

and he keeps on saying its not about the money but every example he gives IS regarding the money in one way or other
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »
yeah im leaning towards that he acts like a little bitch myself too

if you sign a contract for 1,5 years of course a lot of things can happen in that time, more money coming into the business, maybe new ownership/partner deals etc and people signing up later will have the chance to get a better deal because of a lot of circumstances changed etc.

and he keeps on saying its not about the money but every example he gives IS regarding the money in one way or other

Good point bluto

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
what about dana lying to randy saying he is the highest paid fighter? i don't think randy has to be honorable in treating the ufc fairly. they didn't treat him fair.
irongearco.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:03:38 PM »
what about dana lying to randy saying he is the highest paid fighter? i don't think randy has to be honorable in treating the ufc fairly. they didn't treat him fair.

Does that matter? Ego doesn't feed your family. He signed the contract, he should honor it.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 12:16:23 PM »
and i doubt people will stay in line to side with randy on this, its not like he's underpaid or something...
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »
I think youre right, this may backfire on him and its not going to be pretty when it does.

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 09:11:22 AM »
As usual people on here are not seeing the big picture, if Randy had lost to Tim, there would not have been a four fight deal or if he had to fight would have been against nobodies or not on t.v., the UFC is bringing in good money now, built on the backs of guys like Ken, Randy, Tito and Chuck, only fair they should get paid more, I do not watch a ppv to watch dana's stupid ass try to act tough, watch for the fighters, honor a contract, I agree with, but honor someone like dana, who would drop a fighter in a heartbeat, no

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 10:46:07 AM »
so how much more should someone like chuck be paid in your opinion?
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 11:59:59 AM »

doesn't really matter if he is losing or not now. he paid his dues and he is putting people in the seats. he is the poster boy for mma and the ufc so in my opinion he should still be making great money. it should be nothing for dana white to pay a main event fight 750k to a million for a fight
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 12:26:24 PM »

Who gives a fuck, I think they are all underpaid!