Author Topic: why eat clean..IF  (Read 19175 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: why eat clean..IF
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »
Nothing but morons on this thread.

There is no such thing as a "dirty" or "bad" food.

I eat whatever I wish.

I scoff at the entire ignorance contained therein regarding this thread.

The majority of you not only look awful, but will never look nearly like anything worthy of note.

PhD. in Illusions of Grandeur

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 01:40:18 PM »

PhD. in Illusions of Grandeur
haha. yes, very true.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 11:30:26 PM »
I think there's such a thing as not eating clean...I consider what most people do on a daily basis not eating clean-not insulting.  We can download a list of carcinogens or I could just rattle some off, contained in the diet of pretty much ALL people, who do not eat completely clean-I think cancer causing agents and other compounds we can actually see in the food we eat and then subsequently see in our bodies classifies whatever it is as 'not clean.'

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 02:12:45 AM »
I think there's such a thing as not eating clean...I consider what most people do on a daily basis not eating clean-not insulting.  We can download a list of carcinogens or I could just rattle some off, contained in the diet of pretty much ALL people, who do not eat completely clean-I think cancer causing agents and other compounds we can actually see in food in the food we eat and then subsequently see in our bodies classifies whatever it is as 'not clean.'
Prove it.  Link me with studies of ANY food additives PROVING a link between cancer in humans.

You can`t.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »
Prove it.  Link me with studies of ANY food additives PROVING a link between cancer in humans.

You can`t.

TA---your ignorance really amazes me.  Just bc there isn't a study or documented report that PROVES a link doesn't mean there aren't any.  If we can't prove something in this moment in time it doesn't mean there is no link.  Just ask the naysayers of Louis Pasteur's time. 

You shouldn't (and can't afford) to have such a HIGH disregard for the quality of food you eat.  The foods you are claiming to survive on (ice cream, junk etc) are nutrient void compared to healthy, more nutrient dense foods.

Your logic and reasoning is ill-founded and erratic at best.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »
coltrane....a "calorie is a calorie", dont you know it doesnt matter where the calories come from once you have met your daily minimal fda recommended levels of carbs fats and proteins, the rest of you cals can be from ben & jerries, or haagen daas and it doesnt matter!!

hahaha.

adonis is an ignorant jackass.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 11:49:22 PM »
Well, I wasn't talking about food additives but since you mention it, you'll not likely find any carcinogenic ones in food all that often because everytime one is found to be carcinogenic, it is taken off the market-this has happened many times, you don't need me to prove it to you.  I was talking about the known or highly suspect either carcinogenic or just disease causing compounds created from the cooking process such as Acrylamides, A.G.E., Lipid Oxides, Heterocyclic Amines...etc.  Trust me, I am fine with you continuing to eat McDonald's everyday-although I don't think it's very environmentally responsible, and continuing to think that a calorie is a calorie and that it doesn't matter where it comes from; I'll stick with fresh, organic raw foods and you can eat everything else

And on top of that, and this I love...please feel free to wait for empirically proven, double blind tested, and published in a 'credible' scientific or medical journal results on everything you do and consume before you do or consume any of it.  In the meantime, I'll do what I know is right for me. 

Again, you're never going to find studies PROVING a food item causes cancer because those things are taken off the market or specifically given a warning label-like on cigarettes.  All you are going to find is correlational studies-some of which are more than enough for me.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 12:51:50 PM »
Well, I wasn't talking about food additives but since you mention it, you'll not likely find any carcinogenic ones in food all that often because everytime one is found to be carcinogenic, it is taken off the market-this has happened many times, you don't need me to prove it to you.  I was talking about the known or highly suspect either carcinogenic or just disease causing compounds created from the cooking process such as Acrylamides, A.G.E., Lipid Oxides, Heterocyclic Amines...etc.  Trust me, I am fine with you continuing to eat McDonald's everyday-although I don't think it's very environmentally responsible, and continuing to think that a calorie is a calorie and that it doesn't matter where it comes from; I'll stick with fresh, organic raw foods and you can eat everything else

And on top of that, and this I love...please feel free to wait for empirically proven, double blind tested, and published in a 'credible' scientific or medical journal results on everything you do and consume before you do or consume any of it.  In the meantime, I'll do what I know is right for me. 

Again, you're never going to find studies PROVING a food item causes cancer because those things are taken off the market or specifically given a warning label-like on cigarettes.  All you are going to find is correlational studies-some of which are more than enough for me.   
I do not eat Mcdonalds or fast everyday.  I eat it whenever I wish.  Tell me one ingredient that Mcdonalds uses that is harmful.  Merita Bread? Kraft Cheese?  USDA grade A Hormone Free Beef?  Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions from various farms?

Stop spreading myths and untruths.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 01:08:03 PM »
  Tell me one ingredient that Mcdonalds uses that is harmful. 
trans-fats. thats easy. processed white flour/sugar products. another easy one.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 04:21:19 PM »
high fat crap mayo, trans fats, not to mention all the fat in general.

True A youre way off base.  Do you make protein shakes outta the toilet water after you crap too?

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 12:16:26 AM »
I do not eat Mcdonalds or fast everyday.  I eat it whenever I wish.  Tell me one ingredient that Mcdonalds uses that is harmful.  Merita Bread? Kraft Cheese?  USDA grade A Hormone Free Beef?  Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions from various farms?

Stop spreading myths and untruths.

You said it, pasteurized kraft cheese, white bread, mayonaise, trans fat, flour tortillas, sugar in their various sauces, vegetable shortening, hydrogenated cottoneseed, corn and soybean oil, wheat gluten,  high fructose corn syrup, soy flour(in all their buns!), liquid margarine(nice)....this list is long.

I think it's funny that this is their ingredient list for pickles: Cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate (preservative), natural flavors (plant source), polysorbate 80, extractives of turmeric (color).    hahahaha.

...and just one last thing, the beef they use has, in all liklihood been raise on a factory farm(i think this would be the only possible way to continue supplying them with the amounts they need) and it is no secret that factory farmed beef is inferior to grass fed-from the health of the cow to the health of the person to the health of the environment. 

But once again, I should add that I wasn't talking about additives, I wasn't talking about specific ingredients at all in fact-I was talking about the chemical by-products of the cooking process.  I apologize if I insulted you by saying that you eat Mcdonald's everyday-I said that because somewhere in my memory I remember you talking about being able to eat Mcdonald's everyday for a month and suffer no harmful consequences and look just as good as ever-I could be way off base with that though, maybe it wasn't you at all. 

snowboarding_bear

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 08:41:50 AM »
i allow myself a cheat meal like each week..just meal not day, and when i say meal..im not tlakin i go to mcdicks(mcdonalds) its gonna b a good meal prepared at home from the rents lol.
a lot of times im at work and eat salad or at the gfs n her family is all kickboxers..so they eat healthy as hell

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 07:26:44 AM »
I try stick with high preotein, mod carbs-throughout the day, gattin less and less as day goes on,cutting off carbs at about 6-7pm.

Have cheat meal mayb during week, probably not though.

Thensaturday sunday im lloser with my diet, i eat well on satu but not as strict as through the week, then on sunday its eat what i want. Which actually usually means pretty healthy apart from cooked brekkie in morning, and roast at night (mayb ice cream to).

Eating like that with inrense DC training has put 30lbs on me in 14months. Not saying its all muscle, but most is.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 03:22:26 AM »

more fat = less pussy
Epic truth - see Pumphard for reference

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 12:01:29 PM »
I try stick with high preotein, mod carbs-throughout the day, gattin less and less as day goes on,cutting off carbs at about 6-7pm.

Have cheat meal mayb during week, probably not though.

Thensaturday sunday im lloser with my diet, i eat well on satu but not as strict as through the week, then on sunday its eat what i want. Which actually usually means pretty healthy apart from cooked brekkie in morning, and roast at night (mayb ice cream to).

Eating like that with inrense DC training has put 30lbs on me in 14months. Not saying its all muscle, but most is.

davie

Congrats to you, Davie.

The last time we chatted, I believe you were inquiring about weight gainers (MET-Rx's Xtreme Size-Up, I think) and/or creatine.

It appears you have found a product that has helped you in achieving your goals. Keep up the good work.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »
Congrats to you, Davie.

The last time we chatted, I believe you were inquiring about weight gainers (MET-Rx's Xtreme Size-Up, I think) and/or creatine.

It appears you have found a product that has helped you in achieving your goals. Keep up the good work.

Thanks MCWAY, you helped me alot definately, actually the product has been mainly food, and lots of it.lol.

Actualy recently adding another 2 cans of tuna a day to my diet added another 10lbs to me in 6 1/2 weeks.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 07:58:53 AM »

I concur.

What many doctors are  recently "discovering", regarding diet and excercise, bodybuilding enthusiasts have known for DECADES, through "empricially proven" results (aka good old-fashioned TRIAL AND ERROR in the real world).

"Millions of people are involved in exercise programs that involve strength training and aerobic exercise. High-protein diets are the craze. Arnold was doing that back in the '70s, in the 60s." - Bill Phillps, "Iron and Beyond", from the 25th Anniversary Edition of Pumping Iron.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
hey broz.. thanks for d quick replies.. do you guys think this plan would do good?

sun, mon, tues - eat clean
wed- cheat day
thurs , fri - eat clean
sat- cheat day

Sat - 20 beers... just to relax and enjoy life... ;)
S

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
yesterday i had pizzahut large pizza for lunch
                     fried chicken and a beer for dinner
                     2bags of cheetos here and there , 5 jelly and glazed dounuts
                     2 bagels with cream chease before bed
 should have stopped after lunch...........
not joking............. i feel miserable......... 
LOCAL GYM HERO

KingCol

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »
More fat = lowered testosterone levels also.

Cheat days/meals are fine if not competing............jus t keep portions moderate and don`t use them as an excuse to get sloppy.

This must be why all the "power lifters" are so weak???   ::)

AKR

• Getbig II
  • Nobody moves the IRON like me, IRON is my bitch
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »
I always eat clean and it shows. You want a ripped tight bod? You eat good like I do. I laugh at big dumb fat idiots when I am working out! I like to walk up to them and get up right in their pig faces and I'll yell and scream at them!! Those morons just gawk and shiver. Man that is a badass feeling watching some fat pig squirm in fear.
B

AKR

• Getbig II
  • Nobody moves the IRON like me, IRON is my bitch
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »
Nothing but morons on this thread.

There is no such thing as a "dirty" or "bad" food.

I eat whatever I wish.

I scoff at the entire ignorance contained therein regarding this thread.

The majority of you not only look awful, but will never look nearly like anything worthy of note.
hahaah whats with that look on your face? you look retarded. youre not in that good of shape anyway, lulz!
B

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »
This must be why all the "power lifters" are so weak???   ::)
WES IS RIGHT...

BUT THE FLUCTUATIONS IN NATURA TEST LEVELS ARE PROBABLY ONLY AT A MAX 10 MG...    NOT REALLY ENOUGH TO MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE..   AND THE CALORIC SUPLUS'S THAT POWERLIFTERS HAVE CONTSTANTLY OVER RIDES THEYR LACK OF TESTOSTERONE......CUZ WHATS THE MOST ANABOLIC HORMONE IN THE BODY? ITS NOT TESTOSTERONE, ITS INSULIN.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 02:19:24 AM »
when you're eating for nutrition, not taste, you're on the right track

Agreed. 

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 02:41:48 AM »