Author Topic: Why is working an actual job/career getting less frequent in serious BB?  (Read 2096 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Zane and Katz worked as teachers when they were winning titles . Franco became a chiropractor. Sergio worked in a steele mill and later became a cop in Chicago. Ronnie was a full time cop in Texas during his first few Olympia wins, etc.We all know about Arnold and his amibitions and success outside of bodybuilding as well.

These men proved you could be a top bodybuilder and still have a life and career separate from pure bodybuilding. By doing this I believe they became better in all phases of their lives and that includes bodybuilding.

It is obvious that only a few top guys make an actual decent living from pure bodybuilding and then for just a few years. Most know that and still continue to seek a "career" in bodybuilding with little plans to fall back on???!!
Bob Chic has done a lot of various acting roles , been an American Gladiator and developed his skill for media work as he became a pro . This allowed him to parlay that skill into a career as announcer, MC,supplement endorser,ad work etc.

I am sick and tired of hearing how serious bodybuilders have to make a living doing "questionable sex acts"
to make a living while he develop a bodybuilding career.It seems they have the attitude that working on something outside of bodybuilding is impossible. I think it is just plain old lazy.
You don't have to work as a stripper or whatever to be a serious bodybuilder or fitness girl.
It is very possible to get an education and/or develop an actual career while you train.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Re: Why is working an actual job/career getting less frequent in serious BB?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:15:44 AM »
They're leaving their options open because being a teacher limits there future earning potential

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:18:21 AM »
because working leaves no time for meals #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and roid injection#1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 GH injection#1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
I am sick and tired of hearing how serious bodybuilders have to make a living doing "questionable sex acts"

You take this shit way too seriously.

Don't you have your OWN mess of a love life to sort out?  You're worried which pro is taking a milkbath for $, while you can't keep your graveyard skank and dogfart ex sorted out.

Get your own house in order before you worry about others, son.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 08:20:59 AM »

Don't you have your OWN mess of a love life to sort out?  You're worried which pro is taking a milkbath for $, while you can't keep your graveyard skank and dogfart ex sorted out.

hahahha, ok "dad".

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »
One word......"Lazy"!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 08:23:32 AM »
Zane and Katz worked as teachers when they were winning titles . Franco became a chiropractor. Sergio worked in a steele mill and later became a cop in Chicago. Ronnie was a full time cop in Texas during his first few Olympia wins, etc.We all know about Arnold and his amibitions and success outside of bodybuilding as well.

These men proved you could be a top bodybuilder and still have a life and career separate from pure bodybuilding. By doing this I believe they became better in all phases of their lives and that includes bodybuilding.

It is obvious that only a few top guys make an actual decent living from pure bodybuilding and then for just a few years. Most know that and still continue to seek a "career" in bodybuilding with little plans to fall back on???!!
Bob Chic has done a lot of various acting roles , been an American Gladiator and developed his skill for media work as he became a pro . This allowed him to parlay that skill into a career as announcer, MC,supplement endorser,ad work etc.

to make a living while he develop a bodybuilding career.It seems they have the attitude that working on something outside of bodybuilding is impossible. I think it is just plain old lazy.
You don't have to work as a stripper or whatever to be a serious bodybuilder or fitness girl.
It is very possible to get an education and/or develop an actual career while you train.

maybe "men" like Derek Anthony are of the opinion that sucking dick burns a lot less calories than digging a ditch leaving more nutrients available for building muscle.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »
nasser went to university for 7 years while bodybuilding

TEAM NASSER
Z

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 08:27:35 AM »
nasser went to university for 7 years while bodybuilding

TEAM NASSER

Who paid for it?

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »
Who paid for it?

Does't he come from a family with some money

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:46 AM »
Theres not alot of jobs out there that allow you to bring/sip 1 gallon water jugs all day, not to mention the countless bathroom breaks required for all the water consumption..

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »

hahahahahahaha, funny

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 08:29:11 AM »

I AM SICK AN TIRED OF TURNING ON THE NEWS TO SEE ONE AFTER ANOTHER POLITICIANS INVOLVED IN PEDOPHILIA, GAY BATHROOM SEX AND CORRUPTION (BARNEY FRANK, LARRY CRAIG, ROBERT ALLEN AND EVEN GEORGE BUSH TO NAME A FEW)..... MY POINT...THERE ARE FAR BETTER THINGS TO BE ANGRY, MAD, TIRED, ANNOYED, PISSED OFF ABOUT. WHO DOING WHAT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. LOOK TO THE ISSUES IN SOCIETY THAT EFFECT THE MASSES AS A WHOLE...THESE ARE THE THINGS TO RAGE ABOUT.
C

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »
I AM SICK AN TIRED OF TURNING ON THE NEWS TO SEE ONE AFTER ANOTHER POLITICIANS INVOLVED IN PEDOPHILIA, GAY BATHROOM SEX AND CORRUPTION (BARNEY FRANK, LARRY CRAIG, ROBERT ALLEN AND EVEN GEORGE BUSH TO NAME A FEW)..... MY POINT...THERE ARE FAR BETTER THINGS TO BE ANGRY, MAD, TIRED, ANNOYED, PISSED OFF ABOUT. WHO DOING WHAT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. LOOK TO THE ISSUES IN SOCIETY THAT EFFECT THE MASSES AS A WHOLE...THESE ARE THE THINGS TO RAGE ABOUT.

meltdown bitch

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 09:22:34 AM »
the question is understandable but only if you are not making a decent living.  If you are making plenty to live a nice life than what is the point of having another career.  That's like asking why a pro baseball player doesn't have a different career.  they are Pro bodybuilders, even though they are not making baseball money, they are making enough to live life without worrying about needing another career.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »
as sad as it is to say    it was easie rto compet eback then.....the fileld today is much tuffer over all....over all being th eimportant part of that    also as pathetic as it is there is way mor emoney in bodybuilding today then there was 25 years ago

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »

Dumb question... you're naming guys that have won Mr. Olympia titles... guys that win the Olympia today make plenty of money.

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »
because working leaves no time for meals #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and roid injection#1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 GH injection#1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

lol.. so true.. plus dont forget the 30 minute per day training sessions!!  ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »

Thanks for the kind words and for giving a sensible thoughful reply that dealt with my main thread topic.
While "graveyard skank" was merely ok as a crack, I did chuckle at the "dogfart ex" reference.
Since you are old enough to have me as a "son", you must be at least 70 yrs old??????
I hope I have the same spunk and spririt when I get to be your age.
All the best in your senior training and battle with alzheimers "DAD".
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Moosejay

hahahha, ok "dad".

I guess this man is through honoring himself.

I'd imagine he still reads here.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
I guess this man is through honoring himself.

I'd imagine he still reads here.
STFU or ill go to your office in CT and slap the shit out of you and post it on youtube...No one disrespects the greates GETBIGGER of all time , esp. an over the hill hospital bed ridden tit like yourself bitch ..
The Number 2 in Scranton

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Here is really why,

Every bodybuilder thinks he can make it in acting,
and they are poor starving actors.
Most are all show no go!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Here is really why,

Every bodybuilder thinks he can make it in acting,

Acting?

Braaaahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha!

Most of them aren't able to string two words together.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."