Author Topic: Interview with Mr Getbig II Champion "Honour"  (Read 3232 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Interview with Mr Getbig II Champion "Honour"
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:26:34 AM »
Interview conducted on Oct 27, 2008 with Mr Getbig II Champion "Honour"
By 240

What is your height/weight/age?
5'9 79kg for the comp down from about 84kg, age 32

How long have you been training?
Just got back into training abut 6 months ago after a few years off due to work and family demands. It's the kind of thing where you wake up one day and say, "To hell with the long work hours for a little extra cash, i'm sick of being ordinary, bring back the IRON!!!"

When you initially saw the pics, did you think you had it won?
After seeing the pics I knew it would be all on what the judges were after, I had the condition and shape but I was way down on size compared to the other guys. I was thinking of all those times when size wins over shape and cuts, ala Jay always smokes guys like Dexter lol.

Which competitor impressed you the most?  The least?
Tough one, all the guys had some strong and weak points. Alexx has great wheels but could probably use a little more mass up top to balance it out, but lookout if that happens (oh and he needs to use some prize money to buy a razor lol). Neo was just solid all round, with better condition he may have smoked me. Waddy has great mass and was in good condition, for him I think it is all about his presentation and how he shows what he has, he was my early pic to win it. Rowdy could dominate this thing in a couple of years, he has all the tools as they say, just needs time. JJ was just way out of shape, I would have to say I was least Impressed with his condition, as an in shape JJ may have really shook things up.

Where do you think you would have placed in the Mr GetBig I?
In the MrGetBiG 1 I think I would have most likely placed 3rd behind Whateva and Adonis, but I think it might have been quite close. Give me a year or 2 back in the gym and I expect to be able to take it too them though lol.

How long did you diet for the show?
I dieted for around 8 weeks in total, I didn't really get tough though until the last 2 weeks. Next time around I will start out at 10 weeks or so and get real tough over the last 3-4 weeks and see how that goes.

What was your precontest diet like?
Tbh my diet was quite simple, I didn't count calories or anything along those lines, I just tried to make sure I was eating around 20-30 grams of good clean Protein every 3 hours. I kept the Fat and Carbs very low in these meals as well at around 10grams of each max. I made my meals before work and just ate by the clock. Chicken Breast, Eggs, Tuna and Protein shakes in water were generally what I ate. I followed a lot of advice from the boards and from guys like Jrod etc. I also drank a lot of water which seemed to work well for me. It's hard to do at the start but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad, you just have to try to keep a water bottle in your hand all day and just keep on sipping. It also tends to help with some of the food cravings that start to drive you mad in the last couple of weeks.

What's your offseason like?  Do you get heavy?
I only had a short Offseason as I have not been back into it for that long. But I like to stick to the Basics, compound movements and free weights, and I feel that it is paying off as my chest, back and shoulders have been really adding bulk. As most people could tell I had been slacking on legs a bit and not really noticed until I cut up, and man what a wake up call. Since the comp I have been hitting my squats very hard and am already starting to see and feel a difference. I am wearing shorts all the time as well to remind myself every time I look in the mirror what needs to be done!

How are you going to spend the money?
I am going to be spending the money on Xmas presents for my kids, an Ipod for my little girl and a Nintendo Wii for my little boy. I will also buy the missus some nice clothes or something and take her out on the town and see where it gets me, she's pretty hot so I'll try get some pics to post on the forums....kidding. I will also be buying a few tubs of Protein Powder and some other Supplements like BCAA's etc that I have been wanting to try to help me progress.

Will you compete in the Mr GetBig III contest? 
Hmmm tough question, but atm I will have to say yes I will compete, but it just depends on If I feel I have made enough improvements to bring a better package and am able to call myself the "THUNDER FROM DOWNUNDER" and not "that little cut guy with no legs" lol........but yes I will compete again in the MrGetBig, it's a great contest and I think more people should enter!!!! Thanks again to MS, CQ and 240 for all the work they did on the show.

Props to Honour for the great win.  Looking fwd to a great contest when the Mr Getbig 3 rolls around!

Rob

Pics are up at www.mrgetbig.com

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Interview with Mr Getbig II Champion "Honour"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
What is your height/weight/age?
5'9 79kg for the comp down from about 84kg, age 32

what is the POUNDS for 79 kg and 84 kg?

Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:36:23 AM »

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
HAHA awesome interview! WTG HONOUR!!

now you've got a year to put on some size..and i've got a year to slim down about 50lbs!  ;D  GET READY!!!

you gonna compete on the am stage ever? or just stick to the internet freakfests instead!?  ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
wgood interview. the money was put to good use.

glad waddy didn't win. probably spent all on weed 'n hoes  :P

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »
Haha thanks 240 and cheers guys :), yeah next yeah should be even better and I think a lot more guys will enter so it should be great ;D.

you gonna compete on the am stage ever? or just stick to the internet freakfests instead!?  ;D

Yeah will see how I go mate, I would like to at some stage. Give me a year or so ;).

79kgs is about 174 i think ;)

glad waddy didn't win. probably spent all on weed 'n hoes  :P

lol still gotta love the Waddy ;D

Peace 8)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 05:05:37 PM »
good stuff, honour looked great.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »
Honour has toothpick legs,,how did he win...Alexxx and Waddy are killing him.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry²
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »
32? i thought he was only 18/19

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »
Not bad for only 6 months,damn!  I need to get my diet together.  Time to start cutting!
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
Great job Honour. You seem like a good guy, too.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »
good job honour! 6months of training wow gotta love that muscle memory 8)
LOCAL GYM HERO

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »
honour seems like a good guy, congrats bro

affy

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »
Haha thanks 240 and cheers guys :), yeah next yeah should be even better and I think a lot more guys will enter so it should be great ;D.

Yeah will see how I go mate, I would like to at some stage. Give me a year or so ;).

79kgs is about 174 i think ;)

lol still gotta love the Waddy ;D

Peace 8)
where's your black stars?

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 07:43:16 PM »

multiply by exactly 2.2

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »
"What was your precontest diet like?
Tbh my diet was quite simple, I didn't count calories or anything along those lines, I just tried to make sure I was eating around 20-30 grams of good clean Protein every 3 hours. I kept the Fat and Carbs very low in these meals as well at around 10grams of each max. I made my meals before work and just ate by the clock. Chicken Breast, Eggs, Tuna and Protein shakes in water were generally what I ate. I followed a lot of advice from the boards and from guys like Jrod etc. I also drank a lot of water which seemed to work well for me. It's hard to do at the start but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad, you just have to try to keep a water bottle in your hand all day and just keep on sipping. It also tends to help with some of the food cravings that start to drive you mad in the last couple of weeks."

It's sounds like you were on less than 100 grams of carbs a day. I've found that I get light headed when I go that low for an extended period. You know, that dizzy feeling when you stand up, quickly. Did you have problems like that?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 09:14:24 PM »
that was a real tear jerker interview  thanks 240

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »

Damn, a few years off, 6 months of training (well 2 months for cuting down) thats like 4 months of training and looking like that... you are gifted  :o
are you delusional?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »
Congrats honour..Getbig III should be interesting

I haven't seen JJ around in a while..hopefully he will redeem himself

Bast, Big_Mal, Mesomorph, Kiwiol, Squadfather and others should enter.

and ofcourse candizle  ::)
Here comes the money shot

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 04:31:47 AM »
It's sounds like you were on less than 100 grams of carbs a day. I've found that I get light headed when I go that low for an extended period. You know, that dizzy feeling when you stand up, quickly. Did you have problems like that?

Yeah 100g a day sounds about right for the last week or so. Nah didn't get any of those dizzy feelings when I stood up......you must be thinking of Waddy on the weekends  ;D.

Damn, a few years off, 6 months of training (well 2 months for cuting down) thats like 4 months of training and looking like that... you are gifted  :o

Haha not gifted mate ;D, and yeah it was really about 4 months of hard traaining. I also injured my Bicep at around the time I started my diet which was a real pain. Just always been able to build muscle pretty fast if I stick to the basics, my workouts are normally only about 45 min max as well. I do seem to get stuck at about the 87-88 kg mark though....but I hope to break thru to a hard 90 kg by mid next year or so....thats the plan anyway ;).

where's your black stars?

Yeah I don't know??? I think Shawn Ray Ninja'd them on me before he left :o....... ;D

:o :o :o

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 04:51:58 AM »
Very cool interview mate!  8)

Just wondering, did you do any cardio during your prep, or just let the diet do its job?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 04:56:24 AM »
Congrats Honour. Nice to see an appreciative winner; you seem like a good guy. Also nice to see none of last year's recriminations occur over the announcement of your victory. Keep the chin up. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 07:31:22 AM »
Cool interview.  Nice work 240.  Congrats again Honour.  Cool to see how you're spending the $$.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »
such a cool idea for those guys that don't wanna get up on stage or go too extreme to do a show...

great job Honour

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 02:21:24 AM »
I agree that he woulda finished third to Whatever and Adonis in the getbig I. He definitely would get killed by Whatever, but probably challenges Adonis for 2nd. With some wheels though, Honour will be one of the favorites at getbig III.