Author Topic: How did Chris Faildo only place 9th at World Men's bb?(Team USA's placement)  (Read 5726 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Team USA overal-winner Chris Faildo only placed 9th at 2007 World Men's 75kg.

What do you think? Are the American slipping up, or was there some problem with the judging panel?

Discuss.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Re: How the fuck did Chris Faildo only place 9th at World Men's bb?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:35:47 PM »
Happy Birthday bro. ;D

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:37:06 PM »
 he looked good.. but, that class was stacked.. many great bodybuilders in that show..

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:45:59 PM »
Maybe he was not in his best shape as before !

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:51:42 PM »
Yesterday I met our competitor Huang (he placed 10th at 80kg),he told me that Chris Faildo looks very upset and he had tears in his eyes after prejudging !!

........................ ..............

And quote from Ron's post before :
From Chris...

Aloha Everyone, I am still in Korea relaxing after a long week.  By now you may have heard that I did not place in the top 6 at the Championships.  I am very disappointed to say the least but happy that the diet is over. I felt really good about my chances after pre-judging as I was called out with the top guys.  I really dont know why I did not place because I looked really good.  I'll be back home in a few days.  Thanks for all your support.  Chris Faildo

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: How did Chris Faildo only place 9th at World Men's bb?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
should he be rewarded with an undeserved placing just because he has a s....ehem just because he's asian?

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 04:29:56 PM »
Definitely the USA didn’t pay enough.

If the show was in a Europe country than things could have been different but when the World championship is held in Asia you have to pay to ge the medals and that is what happened but the Americans had no idea

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »
maybe he should have taken more than egg whites ::)
-

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Team USA's placement:

**15th, Shiloe Steinmetz , Over 100 kg (totally 15 competitors)

**out of top 15 ,Kiyoshi Moody , 90 kg- ( 198 lbs- ) (totally 23competitors)

**9th ,Chris Faildo ,75 kg- ( 165 lbs- )(totally 25competitors)

**out of top 15 ,Kelly Pettiford , 70 kg- ( 154 lbs- ) (totally 19 competitors)

**15th, Paul Coates , 65 kg- ( 143 lbs- ) (totally 16 competitors )

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
More pics & report from Shiloe Steinmetz's blog :http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests/category/pro-am/ifbb-world-championships/

And Chris Faildo's thoughts :
"Aloha -

I had a great time in Korea, but unfortunately the judges did not like my look of my physique.  I did not place in the top 6 after getting into the first call out.  I do not understand as I thought I was in the running for a medal.

Anyway, the USA should be very proud of the USA Team as we did it the natural way.  We are not playing on an even playing field, if you know what I mean…  I did my best and am very proud to have accomplished my goals."

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
he wasnt in shape....way too smooth

ftse59

• Getbig I
i took these pics of chris right before his assult on the world championships in korea........he was determined to bring home the gold for the US and was rightfully disappointed in not making the top 6. especially after being called out in the very first call out and placed right smack in the middle and then brought up again in the 3rd callout both times being compared to the top winners we all thought it was a possibility. our game plan was to at least to get into the top 6 and then try to fight it out for the overall, especially with his awesome posing, stage presence and charisma, we thought he had a chance. he also had a dynamite routine planned which he did do the next weekend when he guest posed at the paradise cup back in honolulu hawaii where they presented him with a lifetime achievement award which he rightfully deserved. it was totally shocking to me and alot of other people (actually more than 5 other competetors from other countries came up to me and were freaked out that he didnt make the top 6) that especially after being called out early and being compared to all the other top 5 competetors, that he did not make the cut and ended up in 9th place. i really think he was totally overlooked as he was in exellent condition. i have know his physique for years and thought that this year he had the best package of shape, size, fullness, muscularity and hardness. i was extremely proud of my good friend as he displayed alot of class even though he was greatly disappointed and not able to do his routine. (especially for all his fans, friends and family that were in attendance). i say this because at least a dozen of the other competetors came up to him after the prejudging almost as if he won to give their condolences as they ALL recognized him and knew who he was. this was amazing to me, especially since we did not know any of these people and they just wanted chris to know they thought he got robbed.....

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
....great arms
Air Falcon

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
Too bad he didnt look like that onstage

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
whats with this midget bodybuilding contest? is there a height limit to enter?
its comin today