Author Topic: MD loses Toney now Melvin announces he's signed with Weider  (Read 5357 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
MD loses Toney now Melvin announces he's signed with Weider
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
Whos next??????

Now pretty much everyone they have is an east coast guy, whats up with that? Victor, Kai, Evan Centopani .

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: MD loses Toney now Melvin announces he's signed with Weider
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »
MD guys finally realized - if you sign with MD, you're not gonna get your props at the Olympia, because guys signed with MD simply DO NOT win the Olympia.

You can go back in history.  They never give it to guys not with weider, cause they want to use them on covers of FLEX, M & F, etc.  They wouldn't dare give all that power to their competitor MD by giving the title to an MD guy.

Victor and Wolf are Md guys.
Didn't they both get screwed this year?

jay is a weider guy. 
Didn't he get a gift this year?

Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
MD guys finally realized - if you sign with MD, you're not gonna get your props at the Olympia, because guys signed with MD simply DO NOT win the Olympia.

You can go back in history.  They never give it to guys not with weider, cause they want to use them on covers of FLEX, M & F, etc.  They wouldn't dare give all that power to their competitor MD by giving the title to an MD guy.

jay is a weider guy. 

spot on, MD is gonna suck more than it already does. MuscleMag is the best IMO of all the mags out there.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »

spot on, MD is gonna suck more than it already does. MuscleMag is the best IMO of all the mags out there.

honestly, let's list all the Weider guys -

Ronnie.
Jay.
Melvin.
Toney.
JoJ.
Phil Heath.

They ALL get good looks, they all win shows.  Ronnie should have been 6th.  Jay should have been 5th or 4th.  JoJ won a show this year.  Freeman had a magical run - 3rd at the Arnold too.

Now, the MD guys:
Vic - screwed at the O.
Dex- screwed at the O.
Wolf - majorly screwed at the O.

Kai, Branch - they know the score.  Don't bother with the O - you're going to have 5 guys getting gifts over you.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »

jay is a weider guy. 

very well said.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »
Haven't you guys heard about the golden rule?

The one with the gold makes the rules.  :)

Sad to say, but that is the way of the world.  :-\
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 02:01:10 PM »
Livewire speaks the truth.

Nobody wants to see a champ associated with a piece of shit magazine that condone overuse of drugs, gay4$ shitstains and fucking stupid recycled articles about bullshit "research" .... and ran by a ambigiously gay middle aged fuck stick assisted by the Nationals failure known as "Jumbo Palumbo"

Hail to Weider + FLEX to put a good image back on Bodybuilding.

If bb.com buys AMI, even for the best.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 02:02:41 PM »
Alex, tell u how u really feel  ;D

Livewire speaks the truth.

Nobody wants to see a champ associated with a piece of shit magazine that condone overuse of drugs, gay4$ shitstains and fucking stupid recycled articles about bullshit "research" .... and ran by a ambigiously gay middle aged fuck stick assisted by the Nationals failure known as "Jumbo Palumbo"

Hail to Weider + FLEX to put a good image back on Bodybuilding.

If bb.com buys AMI, even for the best.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »
does musclemag int. have it's own bber's like m.d. ? can you compare the two mags for quality ?

They have King Kamali and Lee Priest.  One guy who can't compete, and one who shouldn't.  And Shawn Ray.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 03:27:13 PM »
Well, lets take a look at the '07 schedule:

Ironman-
SAC Pro-Winner: Toney Freman/ MD

ASC-Winner- Victor/ MD

Colorado Pro-Winner: Kai Greene/ MD

Europa Pro- Winner: Silvio/ AMI

NYPro- Winner: Branch Warren/ MD

Montreal- Winner: Darrem/ AMI

Keystone- Winner:Dennis Wolf/ MD

ACPro- Winner: JOJ/ AMI

Santa Susana- Winner: Paco Batista/ ----

MD- 6 wins
AMI-3 wins
NON- 1 win

OLYMPIA-

Jay- AMI
Vic- MD
Dex- MD
Ronnie- AMI
Wolf- MD
Melvin- MD
Silvio- AMI
Gustavo- MD
JOJ- AMI
David Henry-AMI

Seems like MD had the upper hand in terms of placings....to think there is any conspiracy for or against anyone with a pubs contract is ludicrious at best...Guys sign with diferent pubs for a variety of reasons, first one being a better offer (money wise), second one being associated with a particular company for personal reasons (dont agree with the philosophy, etc)...

No different than any other sport....

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 03:37:25 PM »

The worst part about this is that Melvin will probably no longer be outspoken  :(
just not good enough

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
Seems like MD had the upper hand in terms of placings....to think there is any conspiracy for or against anyone with a pubs contract is ludicrious at best...Guys sign with diferent pubs for a variety of reasons, first one being a better offer (money wise), second one being associated with a particular company for personal reasons (dont agree with the philosophy, etc)...

Nonetheless, do you agree that their approach to "commercializing" bodybuilding does more harm than good to the sport?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »
Nonetheless, do you agree that their approach to "commercializing" bodybuilding does more harm than good to the sport?

I think it's harmful... It's not even good commercialization. It's all gay. I think MD has way too many G4P guys associated with it.

Look what they called Evan Centopani (Did I get his last name right? I'm not looking it up)

"Barely Legal"? That wreaks of homo-eroticism.

I think it's terrible.

Kai Greene... The guy fucked a grapefruit. It's just bad.

They continue to associate with Derek Anthony, and he spit on a guy (Granted Vince is a pussy, and didn't do shit, but come on... DA SPIT on him!)

M&F is the best of the bunch.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 06:41:43 PM »

no offense chickles... but you couldn't admit it if you did think it was true.

livewire is saying that Weider won't give away their prize title.  You work for weider.  Anything BUT disagreeing would show you believe they cheat.

Fact is, NO WAY they let an MD guy win the crown.   You HAVE to disagree bob.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »

I spoke to Melvin about it the other day and trust me when I say this he is NOT losing sleep over not being associated with that gang of riff raff over there.

Plus it's now an entirely EAST COAST magazine. It should be retitled...'NYC BB Magazine'.

For fux sakes. They have a title called 'I Am The Greatest' by Ben 'Milky Leaky Nipples' White. Who gives a rats ass what the fk he has to say? I 'd rather hear about what Jeremy Freeman(his trainer) has to say then that nobody.

It all went downhill when they lost Lee. That was one of the very few 'Q&A' that was decent.
?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 09:13:36 PM »
I spoke to Melvin about it the other day and trust me when I say this he is NOT losing sleep over not being associated with that gang of riff raff over there.

Plus it's now an entirely EAST COAST magazine. It should be retitled...'NYC BB Magazine'.

For fux sakes. They have a title called 'I Am The Greatest' by Ben 'Milky Leaky Nipples' White. Who gives a rats ass what the fk he has to say? I 'd rather hear about what Jeremy Freeman(his trainer) has to say then that nobody.

It all went downhill when they lost Lee. That was one of the very few 'Q&A' that was decent.

The Block speaks the truth. As soon as they dropped Lee, I bailed on that shitty mag.....
HAHA, RON.....

AVBG

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 02:29:52 AM »
I predict Gustavo the next MD guy to jump ship.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 02:37:43 AM »
I don't know if being an MD athlete means that your always gonna get screwed at the O, but id like if it Wolf were a Weider athlete.
No doubt about it...

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 02:47:31 AM »
GREAT THREAD ! A lot of what's said here is absolute Truth ... without a doubt ! I, also, find it interesting ( I was just thinking this Yesterday actually ) that MD seems to have a majority of East Coast Bodybuilders in their Mag ... can you say " biased " ?  ;)

AVBG

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 02:50:03 AM »
I don't know if being an MD athlete means that your always gonna get screwed at the O, but id like if it Wolf were a Weider athlete.

Wolfe was in the AMI stable when he turned pro then was signed this year by MD.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 06:33:24 AM »
Well, lets take a look at the '07 schedule:

Ironman-
SAC Pro-Winner: Toney Freman/ MD

ASC-Winner- Victor/ MD

Colorado Pro-Winner: Kai Greene/ MD

Europa Pro- Winner: Silvio/ AMI

NYPro- Winner: Branch Warren/ MD

Montreal- Winner: Darrem/ AMI

Keystone- Winner:Dennis Wolf/ MD

ACPro- Winner: JOJ/ AMI

Santa Susana- Winner: Paco Batista/ ----

MD- 6 wins
AMI-3 wins
NON- 1 win

OLYMPIA-

Jay- AMI
Vic- MD
Dex- MD
Ronnie- AMI
Wolf- MD
Melvin- MD
Silvio- AMI
Gustavo- MD
JOJ- AMI
David Henry-AMI

Just to play devils advocate for a second there Bob...

The sport of Bb`g is represented by who holds the  "OLYMPIA" crown and thus garners alot of attention.Nobody really gives a hoot about the smaller shows champs (well maybe the arnold)...just as the WWE champ represents the WWE as a whole and alot of media attention is on him.Jay was on some morning media show prior to the O wasnt he ?

ALso it is WEIDERS olympia.As much of as an `unbias` card maybe played here , but being their own show wouldnt they want the champ to be one of their (obviously within reason , not some ouuta shape guy).

Human nature is human nature , being biased is part of that , its unbiasness that needs to be taught and worked on

Its not meant to discredit you , but rather im just asking

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 06:37:45 AM »
They have King Kamali and Lee Priest.  One guy who can't compete, and one who shouldn't.  And Shawn Ray.

No, we no longer have Shawn and as for new guys...The other mags throw ridiculous amounts of money at them for realistically no return. It's hard to play the athlete game when mags like MD are willing to throw amounts of money at guys at a loss to them. But changes are being made...all in good time.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 08:03:19 AM »
Just to play devils advocate for a second there Bob...

The sport of Bb`g is represented by who holds the  "OLYMPIA" crown and thus garners alot of attention.Nobody really gives a hoot about the smaller shows champs (well maybe the arnold)...just as the WWE champ represents the WWE as a whole and alot of media attention is on him.Jay was on some morning media show prior to the O wasnt he ?

ALso it is WEIDERS olympia.As much of as an `unbias` card maybe played here , but being their own show wouldnt they want the champ to be one of their (obviously within reason , not some ouuta shape guy).

Human nature is human nature , being biased is part of that , its unbiasness that needs to be taught and worked on

Its not meant to discredit you , but rather im just asking

I agree with what you're saying...and I'm sure the people at AMI are happy one of their own won... but the judges aren't affiliated with either group....much like years ago when a guy named Ronnie Coleman won the Olympia despite being a Met-Rx guy.

As I pointed out on PBW 2 weeks ago...it came down to ONE more judge voting for Jay in first...that's how close it was. If it were a blowout, I would have a major problem with the results....

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 08:37:21 AM »
I agree with what you're saying...and I'm sure the people at AMI are happy one of their own won... but the judges aren't affiliated with either group....much like years ago when a guy named Ronnie Coleman won the Olympia despite being a Met-Rx guy.

Was Ronnie signed with Weider when he won the crown in 98?
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 08:38:36 AM »
Was Ronnie signed with Weider when he won the crown in 98?

no.