Author Topic: Critique my Pre/During/Post shake please?  (Read 5283 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Critique my Pre/During/Post shake please?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 01:37:26 PM »
why dont you take stool softner insted? only taking 2 pills every day and you get same end resulthow many times i will tell you getbig lifters that inorder to gain muscle and get big as in muscle big you need 1. aas 2. insulin 3 hgh if rich 4. consistency in training with years behind you preferably 5. an all you can eat diet while keeping protien high and not eating clean all the time unless prep for competition and even then not eat clean all the time

I guess that all of those bodybuilders from the 1940s who weighted over 200 lbs with visible six-packs got into time machines and went to the future to get steroids, huh? You do not need any drugs to get big; you need drugs to get huge and ripped at the same time! A man of average height can weight a muscular 220 lbs with nothing but years of hardcore training. The reason why most guys are not even close to that is not because it is impossible; it is because they don't train hard and/or smart enough.

YOU DO NOT GROW ON SUPPLEMTNET ,,YOU WILL ALWAYS BE 170LB HOPING TO GET BACK TO 190LB LIKE MATTC ON SUPPLEMENTS! AND NEVER GET THERE UNLESS YOU TAKE HORMONES,,YOU DO NOT GROW ON SUPPLEMTNS MY FRIENDLY LIFTERS

I agree with you that supplements are mostly useless for muscle gain, but you can gain losts of mass without the need for drugs by just training smart, hard and consistently.

another last advice i add here for today is: when you decide to take insulin...you better eat your mama and papa,,thats for the ones who want to get big muscle pro bodybuilding level,,you dont play with insulin on 100% clean diet it dont work this way,,yes you hear me right,,it is all drugs and the knowledge of when how and what to take with those drugs when it comes to food,,

You are completley insane. Insulin is an extreme drug. It is only to be used by the very elite bodybuilder who absolutely needs to do everything and anything to gain as much muscle as possible. For non-compoetitive bodybuilders, steroids are more than enough and the ideal is to not use any drugs at all. Insulin is a drug that can kill you in 5 minutes if you overdose.

NO ONE GROWS ON CLEAN FOOD NO ONE! YOU PREP ON PARTIALLY CLEAN DIET GOING TO COMPLETELY CLEAN DIET LAST COUPLE WEEKS BUT YOU NEVER EVER GROW ON CLEAN DIETS NOR DO YOU HAVE ANY STRENGTH TO KEEP IT GOING FOR OVER 6 MONTHS,,LIFTERS WHO ALWAYS EAT CLEAN NEVER LIFT BIG AND NEVER GROW AND THATS! THE TIP OF YORU WEEK ;)

Agreed. However, eating Pizza Hut and Dunkin' Donuts everyday will put far more fat on your frame than muscle.

* do not be afraid to eat on insulin insulin will intitially LEAN YOU OUT,,insulin leans ones out first and formost then with aas and time it will grow you like us pros or if not like us pros due to lack of muscle shape then to a big bodybuilder levels

WTF?! Insulin leans you out?! Insulin is one of the most potent lipogenesis hormones known. In fact, high insulin levels correlate positively with increased subcutaneous adipose tissue. You have owned yourself in this one, sport. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
Don't listen to these bone heads bro.  Your shake is good, keep drinking it.  And as far as insulin guys....DON'T USE IT!!!!!  If you don't want to destroy your physique with a big bloated gut, let alone the fact you can die on a daily basis, what is the point?  No one is making BIG MONEY doing all these drugs accept  a few top pro's, and then is it worth shuting your pancreas down for life?? And being insulin dependent the rest of your life?  I DON"T THINK SO!!  Insulin is what is ruining bodybuilding today, and no one should be using it, especially people who are not pro's.  Use your heads and don't listen to the crap that get's painted on this board.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
Don't listen to these bone heads bro.  Your shake is good, keep drinking it.  And as far as insulin guys....DON'T USE IT!!!!!  If you don't want to destroy your physique with a big bloated gut, let alone the fact you can die on a daily basis, what is the point?  No one is making BIG MONEY doing all these drugs accept  a few top pro's, and then is it worth shuting your pancreas down for life?? And being insulin dependent the rest of your life?  I DON"T THINK SO!!  Insulin is what is ruining bodybuilding today, and no one should be using it, especially people who are not pro's.  Use your heads and don't listen to the crap that get's painted on this board.

i wotn even try to respond to this any other way than this smilys ??? ::) :) :-* in this exact order
fallen angel

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »
Why? The truth hurts dosen't it.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 07:23:36 PM »
  I guess that all of those bodybuilders from the 1940s who weighted over 200 lbs with visible six-packs got into time machines and went to the future to get steroids, huh? You do not need any drugs to get big; you need drugs to get huge and ripped at the same time! A man of average height can weight a muscular 220 lbs with nothing but years of hardcore training. The reason why most guys are not even close to that is not because it is impossible; it is because they don't train hard and/or smart enough.

I agree with you that supplements are mostly useless for muscle gain, but you can gain losts of mass without the need for drugs by just training smart, hard and consistently.

You are completley insane. Insulin is an extreme drug. It is only to be used by the very elite bodybuilder who absolutely needs to do everything and anything to gain as much muscle as possible. For non-compoetitive bodybuilders, steroids are more than enough and the ideal is to not use any drugs at all. Insulin is a drug that can kill you in 5 minutes if you overdose.

Agreed. However, eating Pizza Hut and Dunkin' Donuts everyday will put far more fat on your frame than muscle.

WTF?! Insulin leans you out?! Insulin is one of the most potent lipogenesis hormones known. In fact, high insulin levels correlate positively with increased subcutaneous adipose tissue. You have owned yourself in this one, sport. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

to suck muscle its a must respond since i like anoying him because he is a book worm,,

bodybuilder in the 40s 50s one in particular used hormones asin experimenting with rough products as i said millions of times before no one need no time machines

you can train hard and smart for all the time you want but you wont grow to the level you talk about with out hormones period unles youre 6'5 ofcourse then 220 is kind of skinny for you..remember 1 inch = 7lb on makes thats extra 50lb for average antena lifters only from the height

aman with average height can not weight musculr 220 6% naturally when the average height is 5'9 5'10 doubt they can be even true10% at 220lb naturally..

insulin is not extreme drugs at all ,,it has a lot less sides than aas and if know how to use it will benefit the bodybuilder thickness and also will help in reduction of bodyfat%,,none competetive bodybuilders inorder to be competetive need to use hormones!

ideal is good for the books and for antony roberts,,both of them got no serious impact on bodybuilding physiqes

insulin will kill you in 1 min if you dont know how to use it as in go to sleep after injecting 1 ml = 1 cc = 100 units in a 22 gauge syrnge insted of knowing what youre doing and using insulin needle and doing a lot less,,that may ONLY may kill you thsats also not 100% sure but im not up for trying since YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR HORMONES AS I SAID 1000 TIMES BEFORE

insulin will intitially lean you out,,go talk to swole cat for an exact mind to mind blow out discussion since im not into books,,but in general since i know what it does,, since it only gave me 2 different victorys that i only count insulin usage for the main diff in those particular years,,insulin will lean you out intitiaslly you will lose body weight or body competition will become better if on other hormones insted of actual increase of body weight on scale,,,
only if used for long time with out other hormones and with out fat stimulators and their relatives,,only then it may add you adipose fat tissue and all that other good fat and always with a bunch load of muscle mass,,always! unless youre completely insulin resistance and obese to begin with then you got a problem,,but if you friends remember correctly i always say DO NOT USE INSULIN UNLESS YOU START AT SINGLE DIGIT BODYFAT% PREFERABLY LOW SINGLES

thats it
with love gh15
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
Why? The truth hurts dosen't it.

the reason why is because i didnt want to write the same thign twice my genious friend ;)
fallen angel

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »
I bought a bunch of stuff from BN, put it together, and it doesn't taste horrible. Could those in the know give me their thoughts on the composition of my creation? I start drinking it thirty minutes prior to workout, sip during, and finish it within five minutes after before taking in my whey shake.

2 scoops PowerAde Recovery mix (I find the higher sodium content here helps keep that dramatic powdery flavor down)
5g GABA
10g BCAA
10g EAA
10g Creatine
1 scoop/30g Waxy Maize

I was thinking about adding more Glutamine? 10-15g?

EAA should be taken on an empty stomach before working out!  it can be taken with fast carbs (they have to be "fast"..if you take EAA with them) such as waxy maize. 6-10 g of EAA before a workout. if you eat a reg meal just before you take the EAA it will be useless.

eat 30-40g of fast carbs (waxy maize or dextrose/maltodextrin) together with the EAA on an empty stomach before the workout (not 30min prior, more like 10min prior to workout). then after the session have fast carbs with  protein powder. then go home and eat reg food.

extra supplementation of glutamine is useless for a bodybuilder.

no need to take BCAA if you take EAA.

and its ok to take creatine with the EAA and fast carb combo before the workout.

edit: in my opinion GABA is useless for bodybuilding purposes.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 08:32:45 PM »
why dont you take stool softner insted? only taking 2 pills every day and you get same end result

how many times i will tell you getbig lifters that inorder to gain muscle and get big as in muscle big you need 1. aas 2. insulin 3 hgh if rich 4. consistency in training with years behind you preferably 5. an all you can eat diet while keeping protien high and not eating clean all the time unless prep for competition and even then not eat clean all the time

YOU DO NOT GROW ON SUPPLEMTNET ,,YOU WILL ALWAYS BE 170LB HOPING TO GET BACK TO 190LB LIKE MATTC ON SUPPLEMENTS! AND NEVER GET THERE UNLESS YOU TAKE HORMONES,,YOU DO NOT GROW ON SUPPLEMTNS MY FRIENDLY LIFTERS

another last advice i add here for today is: when you decide to take insulin...you better eat your mama and papa,,thats for the ones who want to get big muscle pro bodybuilding level,,you dont play with insulin on 100% clean diet it dont work this way,,yes you hear me right,,it is all drugs and the knowledge of when how and what to take with those drugs when it comes to food,,NO ONE GROWS ON CLEAN FOOD NO ONE! YOU PREP ON PARTIALLY CLEAN DIET GOING TO COMPLETELY CLEAN DIET LAST COUPLE WEEKS BUT YOU NEVER EVER GROW ON CLEAN DIETS NOR DO YOU HAVE ANY STRENGTH TO KEEP IT GOING FOR OVER 6 MONTHS,,LIFTERS WHO ALWAYS EAT CLEAN NEVER LIFT BIG AND NEVER GROW AND THATS! THE TIP OF YORU WEEK ;)

* do not be afraid to eat on insulin insulin will intitially LEAN YOU OUT,,insulin leans ones out first and formost then with aas and time it will grow you like us pros or if not like us pros due to lack of muscle shape then to a big bodybuilder levels

gh15 has clearly been around the block. HERE IS ANOTHER PRO-TIP KIDS:  The name of the game is BK Dubba Whoppas & Uppin that Dosage.  Everything else is just BS. Also, Slin um if you got um!

EAT BIG!

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 03:24:47 AM »

Well, look here:

Effects of Supplement Timing and Resistance Exercise on Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy
PAUL J. CRIBB and ALAN HAYES
Med. Sci.Sports Exerc., Vol. 38, No. 11, pp. 1918–1925, 2006.

Abstract
Purpose: Some studies report greater muscle hypertrophy during resistanceexercise (RE) training from supplement timing (i.e., the strategic consumption of protein and carbohydrate before and/or after each workout). However, no studies have examined whether this strategy provides greater muscle hypertrophy or strength developmentcompared with supplementation at other times during the day. The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of supplement timing compared with supplementation in the hours not close to the workout on muscle-fiber hypertrophy, strength, and body compositionduring a 10-wk RE program. Methods: In a single-blind, randomized protocol, resistance-trained males were matched for strength andplaced into one of two groups; the PRE-POST group consumed a supplement (1 gIkgj1body weight) containing protein/creatine/glucose immediately before and after RE. The MOR-EVE group consumed the same dose of the same supplement in the morning andlate evening. All assessments were completed the week before and after 10 wk of structured, supervised RE training. Assessmentsincluded strength (1RM, three exercises), body composition (DEXA), and vastus lateralis muscle biopsies for determination of musclefiber type (I, IIa, IIx), cross-sectional area (CSA), contractile protein, creatine (Cr), and glycogen content. Results: PRE-POSTdemonstrated a greater (P G 0.05) increase in lean body mass and 1RM strength in two of three assessments. The changes in bodycomposition were supported by a greater (P G 0.05) increase in CSA of the type II fibers and contractile protein content. PRE-POSTsupplementation also resulted in higher muscle Cr and glycogen values after the training program (P G 0.05). Conclusion: Supplementtiming represents a simple but effective strategy that enhances the adaptations desired from RE-training.

Key Words: WHEYPROTEIN, CREATINE, CARBOHYDRATE, SUPPLEMENTATION, HISTOCHEMISTRY, LEAN BODY MASS

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 06:51:28 AM »
Get rid of all that crap and use this:

hahahaha "Hershey covered bannana flavored!" HAHAHAA

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2007, 07:04:13 AM »
gh15 has clearly been around the block. HERE IS ANOTHER PRO-TIP KIDS:  The name of the game is BK Dubba Whoppas & Uppin that Dosage.  Everything else is just BS. Also, Slin um if you got um!

EAT BIG!

holyshit that looks fucking good.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2007, 07:11:03 AM »
Well, look here:

Effects of Supplement Timing and Resistance Exercise on Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy

Abstract
Purpose: Some studies report greater muscle hypertrophy during resistanceexercise (RE) training from supplement timing (i.e., the strategic consumption of protein and carbohydrate before and/or after each workout). However, no studies have examined whether this strategy provides greater muscle hypertrophy or strength developmentcompared with supplementation at other times during the day. The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of supplement timing compared with supplementation in the hours not close to the workout on muscle-fiber hypertrophy, strength, and body compositionduring a 10-wk RE program. Methods: In a single-blind, randomized protocol, resistance-trained males were matched for strength andplaced into one of two groups; the PRE-POST group consumed a supplement (1 gIkgj1body weight) containing protein/creatine/glucose immediately before and after RE. The MOR-EVE group consumed the same dose of the same supplement in the morning andlate evening. All assessments were completed the week before and after 10 wk of structured, supervised RE training. Assessmentsincluded strength (1RM, three exercises), body composition (DEXA), and vastus lateralis muscle biopsies for determination of musclefiber type (I, IIa, IIx), cross-sectional area (CSA), contractile protein, creatine (Cr), and glycogen content. Results: PRE-POSTdemonstrated a greater (P G 0.05) increase in lean body mass and 1RM strength in two of three assessments. The changes in bodycomposition were supported by a greater (P G 0.05) increase in CSA of the type II fibers and contractile protein content. PRE-POSTsupplementation also resulted in higher muscle Cr and glycogen values after the training program (P G 0.05). Conclusion: Supplementtiming represents a simple but effective strategy that enhances the adaptations desired from RE-training.

Key Words: WHEYPROTEIN, CREATINE, CARBOHYDRATE, SUPPLEMENTATION, HISTOCHEMISTRY, LEAN BODY MASS

Can you get this sudy in it's entirety???  WOrst abstract I've ever seen!!

How many subjects in the study?
What were the amounts of each supplement given?
Studies in this area are always shakey  :-[
just not good enough

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 08:44:03 AM »
Can you get this sudy in it's entirety???  WOrst abstract I've ever seen!!

How many subjects in the study?
What were the amounts of each supplement given?
Studies in this area are always shakey  :-[

Sure, I have the PDF, just PM me.

CD

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 09:45:07 AM »
Well, look here:

Abstract

This isn't even that relevant.  The comparison group is also taking supplements, just not directly pre/post workout.  A comparison group that would be relevant to the part you quoted would be eating a meal or normal food pre/post workout.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2007, 10:16:42 AM »
i dont know i used and use bananas,,sometimes other simpe sugar its all same thing as long as its sugar,,dextrose malto all those in the book are diff but in reality you wont die if you take banana or pure dextrose or maltodextrine or oats with honey,,it all goes to the muscle some faster some little slower but thosee 30 min dont matter unless you didnt know how to take your hormones to begin with,,same with post training meal ,,some guys run home to eat exactly 45 min post training ...nothing will happen if you eat 2 hours post training,,i have trained with lifters who never knew what bodybuilding meal was and were touching 250lb at true 8-10% and were sitting outside gym and talking 3 hours post training about their police shifts

as long as you make sure yout train eat take your hormones and dont quit youll be ok,,if never meant to be 240 no diet will get you there lean then again i see 180lb guys on a regular basis wiping the fllor with 240lb physiqes on daily basis too so size it not everything

Wow i didn't realize you noticed me :D ;D

Do you think those guys really have a chance? even if they wipe the floor with 240 pounders and look great, they still have to become 240lbs themselves. 180 no matter how good, is not enough. no?
tank u jesus