Author Topic: Death and Taxes 2008  (Read 1469 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Death and Taxes 2008
« on: October 31, 2007, 09:29:31 AM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Death and Taxes 2008
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »
Do you know where i left my microscope so i can read this?   :)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »
Incredible amount of tax dollars spent on the military.

With a little more effective foreign policy, that military spending could be drastically cut, and either spent on reforms such as general education, paying off the national debt, or even tax cuts, if the economy went south.
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »
Or we could cut BS social programs, foreign aid to worthless countries...since I would imagine the morons who created this thing wouldn't understand what we need as far as a military....I'd let the grown-ups decide where to spend the money.
L

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:39:15 AM »
Or we could cut BS social programs, foreign aid to worthless countries...since I would imagine the morons who created this thing wouldn't understand what we need as far as a military....I'd let the grown-ups decide where to spend the money.

I agree we can't curb military spending.

But military waste/fraud?  Definitely.  Some people should be in jail over tens of billions of missing dollars in Iraq. 
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »
U have no idea....cash..millions of dollars just handed out. Nobody signed for it, nobody accounted for it anywhere. I think Ricks talks about it in Fiasco....I was there then and I had to stay away..it was just lying around. Guys were starting to get weird with all the cash around.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »

Let me guess:

You haven't even looked at the picture.

Because then, you wouldn't make such claims. The minimal amount that the foreign aid is making up of the total budget... If it was totally cut out of the budget, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

The big spender is the military. Face it.

One third of the total budget is spent on military.

Does that sound like a nation, existing in a peaceful world?

Instead of spending money on producing highly educated engineers, technicians, et al.

As empty as paradise

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 12:03:40 PM »
We don't know produce highly skilled engineers and what not now? Here I was thinking the majority of the people on the planet wish they could attend schools in the US for the very reason. Ahh nevermind, I'd rather go to the University of Kenya than Cal-Berkeley. ::)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »
We don't know produce highly skilled engineers and what not now? Here I was thinking the majority of the people on the planet wish they could attend schools in the US for the very reason. Ahh nevermind, I'd rather go to the University of Kenya than Cal-Berkeley. ::)

I'm not refering to the peaks. I'm refering to the general level.

Get down to Harlem or West Virginia.

Or rural Montana (you know the state that has DIVISION/Meatloaf as senator).

Check the level of education there.

Millions of people across the USA is going in and out of the legal system.

Instead of working, instead of having a high level of education, being skilled laborers. Being skilled production units.

As empty as paradise

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
I'm not refering to the peaks. I'm refering to the general level.

Get down to Harlem or West Virginia.

Or rural Montana (you know the state that has DIVISION/Meatloaf as senator).

Check the level of education there.

Millions of people across the USA is going in and out of the legal system.

Instead of working, instead of having a high level of education, being skilled laborers. Being skilled production units.

I like what you are saying but it won't happen.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »
I like what you are saying but it won't happen.

I know what you're saying is true to an extent.

But if the foreign policy is more efficient, the need for military spending isn't as big (no wars of the Vietnam or Iraq kind), and that money could either be put into something else.

Or, guess what: Tax cuts!

(after the national debt has been paid)
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »
Unless those extra Engineers are going to build better armor and weapons, aircraft  etc  they're sorta useless. The natural state of man would appear to be warfare and I don't see it changing anytime soon. We don't live in a peaceful world.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
Unless those extra Engineers are going to build better armor and weapons, aircraft  etc  they're sorta useless. The natural state of man would appear to be warfare and I don't see it changing anytime soon. We don't live in a peaceful world.

What do you think is responsible for Japan's incredible economic recovery after World War II?

The HUGE military (there are still restrictions from the winning nations on how big of an military Japan is allowed)?

The extreme natural resources (Japan has basically no natural resources of their own, no oil, little metal, et al)?

Or is it the high level of education? The high tech that has become a Japanese trademark.

Which landed Japan the highest IQ average in Vanhanen's IQ and the Wealth of nations.

Could that be a reason?

Maybe?
As empty as paradise

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »
A big problem is that math and science is not too high on the US children priority list in terms of degrees.  Most people go into law and teaching.  Sure you have science included with doctors but they do not provide in the same way Engineers do.  My uncle worked for a number of companies and he said that the money is great coming out of college but they don't have people to fill the thousands of engineer spots.  More a problem with the people than the country and it's budget.
Squishy face retard