Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman hangs on to his BSN contract  (Read 2052 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ronnie Coleman hangs on to his BSN contract
« on: October 31, 2007, 06:14:08 PM »
anything for a dollar, even bullshitting - what a champion.

RONNIE RETURNING?
Written by: By Julian Schmidt Senior Writer
Don't believe the rumors that Coleman will be back on stage for the 2008 Arnold Classic. When he hints of his possible appearance in that show, he's talking about 2009, and even then, it's with an emphatic "maybe."

To squelch those rumors, he explains, "I've been competing non-stop since 1990, doing about five shows a year with no break, none whatsoever. Even when I was doing the Mr. Olympia, I always did the European shows afterward -- I never missed one of those; so I plan on taking the entire year of 2008 off, hopefully to get a good long rest for my body, after tearing it down for so many years. I won't train as hard as I normally do, then hope to come back in '09 renewed and rebuilt. If I do the Arnold Classic and win, then I'll do the Mr. Olympia; but only if I win the Arnold. That would be the first show I'd come back to; I've always wanted to do it again. Meanwhile, I'm still training, because I have guest posings coming up. I'm eating good and working out every day. Nothing has changed, except that I'll take a good year off to heal up and rest up. I'm just getting ready for '09."

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
Re: Ronnie Coleman hangs on to his BSN contract
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 06:23:49 PM »
Ronnie would FCK people up in 2009.

He'd still be top 10 in the world without trying for 3 or 4 more years.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:09 PM »
Ronnie would FCK people up in 2009.

He'd still be top 10 in the world without trying for 3 or 4 more years.

Definitely.

Remember, Vince Taylor was almost top 10 in the world at the age of 51 and Ronnie was at a higher level than him.  Ronnie can definitely remain top 10 for years.  If he takes a year off and lets his body take a break I could see him winning the Arnold depending on who is competing.  Top three at the Olympia is not unrealistic in my opinion.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
lol mattc is retarded,
 His post are meant to be serious, but are some of the most comical/dillusional on this site ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »
lol mattc is retarded,
 His post are meant to be serious, but are some of the most comical/dillusional on this site ;D

And your posts are meant to be written with proper spelling but they generally are not.  ;D

Are you saying that Ronnie will place out of the top 10 any time soon?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
what???

he is taking a whole year off, but working out EVERYDAY?  WTF?  this does not make sence...
you are gay.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
what???

he is taking a whole year off, but working out EVERYDAY?  WTF?  this does not make sence...

I thought of that too lol.

Maybe his guest posing stints end by January?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 08:28:12 PM »
Ronnie was a great champion, but it's time to call it quits.

He will never win another top pro show training lightly. The main reason Yates had to retire is because once he tore his triceps he could never again train properly. Now that Ronnie has torn his lat (and also injury to the triceps) he will never be able to train properly. You cannot win a top pro show with 1/2 a back.
Team Yates

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »
Ronnie was a great champion, but it's time to call it quits.

He will never win another top pro show training lightly. The main reason Yates had to retire is because once he tore his triceps he could never again train properly. Now that Ronnie has torn his lat (and also injury to the triceps) he will never be able to train properly. You cannot win a top pro show with 1/2 a back.

Ronnie did not tear anything though...it was bursitis which affected his entire left side.  I think he can recover...

However, I'm not sure if he can ever win the Olympia again.  He can definitely win shows up to and including the Ironman though!  Potentially the Arnold too.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »
Ronnie did not tear anything though...it was bursitis which affected his entire left side.  I think he can recover...

However, I'm not sure if he can ever win the Olympia again.  He can definitely win shows up to and including the Ironman though!  Potentially the Arnold too.  :)

The left latissimus is clearly torn from the posterior lamella of the thoracolumbar fascia.

Ronnie is done.
Team Yates

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 08:59:22 PM »

Dude you're either delusional, or blind. Pick one. There's hardly a bodypart Ronnie hasn't torn. Left quad, outer 4 yrs ago, inner 2007. Left Tricep, left lat. I've seen Ronnie train and it's a damn miracle he hasn't torn his pec...YET.

Honestly, you guys have to be blind not to see it. I think Ronnie 97-00 & 03 were unreal. Just not human. But guess what, he proved me wrong, he IS human, and he's seen the end of his best.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 11:55:01 PM »
lol mattc is retarded,

Learn to spell stupid motherfcuker

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 12:15:28 AM »
what???

more like a year off juicing..

This is what Ronnie will look like at guest pose
I am a mini beast

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »
Ronnie will kick Jays ass in 09!