Author Topic: just curious  (Read 7313 times)

az

• Getbig III
just curious
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:30:29 AM »
you guys that are off season what exciting things have you been eating??? I am living vicariously through you ::)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: just curious
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:58:47 AM »
I'm almost embarassed to say...  :-[

-I'm enjoying the iced coffee drinks the most, I think.  I have developed a bad addiction to iced caramel lattes from Dunkins...made with skim milk, of course.  I also love Starbucks Iced White Chocolate Mochas.  MMMmmmmmmmmmmm........
-Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.  Good Lord.  Last night, I had half a pint of the mint fudge chunk and it was awesome.  At least I saved the other half for tonight!
-I had doughnuts over the weekend.  I am not a big doughnut eater, but they were pretty good.
-I'm addicted to these chicken burritos that the organic grocery store in town has.  They sound healthy because they are organic, but they are loaded with beans, rice, cheese, and some sort of pesto stuff that kicks ass.
-I love french fries and pizza!   ;D

I haven't been following a diet AT ALL.  I am an all-or-none type of person.
I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want.  I tend to be SOOOO strict when I am dieting down that I cannot help but let myself go and eat whenever I want during the other times of the year.

My problem has been more about not eating enough and not eating at the right times.  I find that I can get up in the mornings now and go almost all day without eating unless I force myself to eat.  This is not a good thing.  My metabolism has slowed waaaaaaay down, so I am gaining weight even when I eat less.

When I diet, the foods that I consider "cheats" and crave are things like nuts, peanut butter, and protein shakes.  Now that I have been off a diet for a few months, these things don't even sound appealing to me in the slightest.   :-\

The silver lining is that I usually eat a lot before I train, and I have been feeling stronger in the gym!

:)

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 07:46:41 AM »
Wow!!!! I was getting so excited reading that, I really have issues :-\

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:34:14 AM »
Wow!!!! I was getting so excited reading that, I really have issues :-\

I can relate to those issues.   ;)

Right now, I am eating a grilled turkey sandwich with turkey bacon, cheese, and avocado on it.   ;D

I almost feel bad telling you, but you asked!! 

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 11:09:16 AM »
I have been bad....
lots of liquor
burger king last night (wtf was I thinking)
an egg and cheese sandwich on 2 pieces of bread...with butter
lots of Halloween candy
girl scout cookies that I had frozen months ago
all the protein bars that aren't even that good but I had been looking at them for months while dieitng just imagining how amazing they must be so I have to try them now
sushi...with rice and spicy mayo and shrimp tempura and sake
the most dissappointing thing is I took my bf out for her bday to sushi and I started talking about the bag o' donuts from TGI Fridays....seriously the most amazing thing even if you aren't a "donut person" seriously...so I get her all excited about it and we get there and they had taken them off the menu.  I was CRUSHED, they are luckily bringing them back in 2 weeks...you HAVE to try them.   We ended up getting the brownie explosion thing instead, not nearly as good but I managed to finish the whole thing.

I LOVE the off-season, though the food doesn't taste nearly as good as it did the week after my show.
Jennifer

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 10:15:01 AM »
you guys that are off season what exciting things have you been eating??? I am living vicariously through you ::)
eating this right now (it's da debil  :( )

R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:22 AM »
I'm eating beef teriyaki from the local chinese restaurant right now.   :P

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 05:59:33 AM »
craving stuff daily, fourth day back at training

hot buttery sourdough toast

bacon egg and cheeze biscuts from Mcdonald's

grilled cheeze sandwich dipped in creamy ranch sause

>:(
X

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 05:35:46 PM »
Man last night I was out and was looking at the menu and was eyeing steak and salmon but thought WTF I ate that for 10 weeks.  So I went for the Alfredo pasta with chicken and garlic bread  ;D  Yummy, it's something I have been wanting for a while.  And some spinach/cheese stuff too.  Oh yeah and 2 Bass Ales.

Monday its back on track and back to the gym.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 05:39:20 PM »
Stella, that is my absolute favorite ice cream in the world!  My boyfriend and I had it a couple of weekends ago, along with some brownies and hot fudge poured over the concoction.

I have remained within five to eight pounds of my competition weight.  I'm still doing a ton of cardio and lifting heavy in the gym.  I eat six times a day, but I'm getting in tons of fruits and veggies.  Lots and lots of homemade salads with low fat or fat free dressings.  I craaaave Granny Smith apples, raspberries, tomatoes, and salad.

I had a Chipotle burrito today after a great arm workout and a 40-minute run outdoors.  But I forewent any guacamole and sour cream.  I just had a little rice, lots of chicken, green peppers, salsa, and a pinch of cheese.

I'm trying hard to remain good, but I am having about three cheat meals a week, though I split the meals with my boyfriend usually and am not binging at all.  I just watch my portion sizes, always make sure I'm eating plenty of protein with the meal, and try to stick with foods that won't destroy my stomach too much.  I feel so much better, and my strength seems to be good in the gym.  I was training shoulders and back twice a week for the past year, and I'm giving them a rest by training the two muscle groups just once week.

My birthday is Thursday, though, and I think I want Italian food, which I haven't had since I finished the Team Universe show.  Should be yummy!

Jodi

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 05:51:09 PM »
I have remained within five to eight pounds of my competition weight.  

Forget the food...that right there is enough to make me jealous!   :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI!!   8)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 06:28:41 PM »
Thank you, Lori!  I can't believe I'll be 35!   :o

I have this pair of Lucky jeans that I bought while I was dieting for Spain, and I vowed that I would be able to wear them throughout the entire off season.  Now, I have to wriggle wriggle wriggle into them on some nights, but they do fit even after six weeks from competing at Worlds, and I can even breathe while wearing them!

I just think I dieted so much for so many years that I now crave stupid things like diet Pepsi's and bananas and other normal people food that competitors have to stay away from.  I'm just happy that I can chew all the Orbit Bubblemint that I want each day...lol!

That's not to say that I'm not enjoying yummy things like bread and butter and cheeseburgers and french fries and ice cream, but I'm just trying to do it in moderation.
Jodi

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 08:50:45 PM »
I'm almost embarassed to say...  :-[

-Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.  Good Lord.  Last night, I had half a pint of the mint fudge chunk and it was awesome.  At least I saved the other half for tonight!

Half of a pint  ::)

Talk to me when you've polished off the best part of half of a half gallon   :o
:

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 04:10:12 AM »

;D

Been there, done that....too many times!   :-[

This weekend, I took down a Ben and Jerry's Karmel Sutra...it was a bit disappointing.   :P

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 05:51:56 AM »

I can relate to those issues.   ;)

Right now, I am eating a grilled turkey sandwich with turkey bacon, cheese, and avocado on it.   ;D

I almost feel bad telling you, but you asked!! 

Oh my God that sounds delicious right about now....

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:35 AM »

LOL back when that lowfat yogurt first came out used to do plenty of damage to a half gallon,  Everyone thought "Wow its low fat or fat free, you can eat tons of this stuff"........................ .....Wrongo!  That stuff has so much sugar, added and naturaly occuring that its just as bad as regular ice cream.  Its best when it starts to get soft, I really like vanilla, but they are all good, not too crazy about mint type ones though.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »
LOL back when that lowfat yogurt first came out used to do plenty of damage to a half gallon,  Everyone thought "Wow its low fat or fat free, you can eat tons of this stuff"........................ .....Wrongo!  That stuff has so much sugar, added and naturaly occuring that its just as bad as regular ice cream.  Its best when it starts to get soft, I really like vanilla, but they are all good, not too crazy about mint type ones though.

What really pisses me off is these "double churned" or "slow churned" lowfat ice creams. 
They are supposed to be 50% less fat, but what it REALLY is is that they have whipped so much air into the ice cream that it's just 50% less ice cream!   >:(

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 01:25:40 PM »
In honor of az's competition and Jodi's birthday (happy birthday today!), I forced myself to eat a jumbo chocolate-covered coconut macaroon.  Organic, of course!   ;D

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
Ha ha...forced!  Yeah...right!

I think I'll "force" myself to eat a huge hamburger and a yummy ice cream brownie sundae tonight.  The birthday celebration is continuing through the weekend!   ;D

Disclaimer:  I did run outside this morning and I am training arms this afternoon.  So that means extra fudge on my sundae and more cheese on my burger, right?!
Jodi

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 09:34:35 AM »
Ha ha...forced!  Yeah...right!

I think I'll "force" myself to eat a huge hamburger and a yummy ice cream brownie sundae tonight.  The birthday celebration is continuing through the weekend!   ;D

Disclaimer:  I did run outside this morning and I am training arms this afternoon.  So that means extra fudge on my sundae and more cheese on my burger, right?!

You're damn right it does!!  Throw in an extra scoop of ice cream too...you only turn 35 once!    ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »
welcome to the club gorgeous, i turned 35 in March, go out and enjoy yourself, 1972 was a great year huh?