Author Topic: White Rice vs Brown Rice  (Read 3261 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: White Rice vs Brown Rice
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 07:18:34 AM »
what about switching white and brown rice every day. or even including both in the same meal?

speaking of rice, how good is long grain for a change?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 02:55:52 PM »
Brown rice is good shit man.. Try it..

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 04:14:51 PM »
What are the main advantages to eating brown over white rice? I just looked up the GI on white and it was lower than brown. Whats the deal people.

Brown rice is better.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 07:27:50 AM »
  Brown rice is better.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

maybe a little reasoning with your statement?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »
White rice isn't as good as brown rice which makes brown rice the better of the two..

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »
brown rice is a complex carb. It sucks in taste but it is healthier. I eat brown rice 2 times a week. White rice maybe once a month after a workout. I am still trying to clean up my diet tho.
A

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 06:52:17 PM »
maybe a little reasoning with your statement?

Brown rice has:

- Pectines from the shell which control thyroxine respose.

- Fiber which decreases glycemic response and is good for the GIT.

- Polynsatured oils that boost HDL and increase insulin sensitivity.

-  B complex vitamins.

White rice is a processed carbohydrate which:

- Has no fiber which leads to a strong glycemic response which can lead to diabetes and to a decreased elimination rate due to the clogging of the GIT and colon.

- Causes vitamins B deficiency because not only does it not contribute any vitamins B to the body, it flushes available vitamins Bs in the body through digestion and elimination(all carbohydrates require vitamins B for processing, so eating carbohydrates devoid of vitamins B will lead to deficiency because the body will use the little you have available to process it. The more carbs you eat, the more vitamins B you need at the risk of suffering severe deficiency).

- Provides none of the polynsaturated fats and oligocompounds present in the shell of rice.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 07:54:38 PM »
  Brown rice has:

-  B complex vitamins.

- Has no fiber which leads to a strong glycemic response which can lead to diabetes and to a decreased elimination rate due to the clogging of the GIT and colon.

- Causes vitamins B deficiency because not only does it not contribute any vitamins B to the body, it flushes available vitamins Bs in the body through digestion and elimination(all carbohydrates require vitamins B for processing, so eating carbohydrates devoid of vitamins B will lead to deficiency because the body will use the little you have available to process it. The more carbs you eat, the more vitamins B you need at the risk of suffering severe deficiency).

- Provides none of the polynsaturated fats and oligocompounds present in the shell of rice.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Seems like a tie to me..

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »
  Brown rice has:

-  B complex vitamins.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

thank you kind sir