Author Topic: Links to pics from my show :)  (Read 5150 times)

az

• Getbig III
Re: Links to pics from my show :)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:46:15 AM »
thanks luv!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »
Wow, thanks Luv, great pics!!  You looked awesome, still do, I am sure.   ;)
Looks like you had a lot of fun, I like the pics from the Finals cuz you can see some of the poses you hit during your routine.  LOVE the Annie R pose! 

The pics are really nice, but it won't let me steal any of them to post here.   >:(

I am gonna go back now and see some of Blockhead's pics too.
The LHW class looked like there was a lot of quality!  Who is the lovely lady that presented trophies?  She's jacked!

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:37:03 AM »
Damn, Blockhead looked great!!!

http://rochelle-hubs.smugmug.com/gallery/3758611#216276472

Was there a SuperHeavy class?  One guy looks like a monster.   :o

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 08:36:22 AM »
Wow, thanks Luv, great pics!!  You looked awesome, still do, I am sure.   ;)
Looks like you had a lot of fun, I like the pics from the Finals cuz you can see some of the poses you hit during your routine.  LOVE the Annie R pose! 

The pics are really nice, but it won't let me steal any of them to post here.   >:(

I am gonna go back now and see some of Blockhead's pics too.
The LHW class looked like there was a lot of quality!  Who is the lovely lady that presented trophies?  She's jacked!

Thanks Rip! Yeah the open classes in the show had good quality, was glad to keep pace with those young guys. Although us old guys (masters 40's) the 1st place guy  and myself finished top 3 in that class. 

This is FAR from over!    8)

The woman who presented the trophies also did a guest posing at the show.  It Is Kirsten Haratyk, she won the same class as you in the JR Nats in 2006.

http://www.repetrope.com/women/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=4370

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 08:46:02 AM »
Damn, Blockhead looked great!!!

http://rochelle-hubs.smugmug.com/gallery/3758611#216276472

Was there a SuperHeavy class?  One guy looks like a monster.   :o

Yes he did!

Yes there were 3 supers and the guy in the yellow trunks was the guy.  My buddy Andy K won the show and we train together on occasion, that super heavy trains at the gym Andy trains at regularly. 

Andy has always been cool to me and was very motivational when I was thinking about getting back into comping, a really nice guy.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 08:59:22 AM »
Thanks Rip! Yeah the open classes in the show had good quality, was glad to keep pace with those young guys. Although us old guys (masters 40's) the 1st place guy  and myself finished top 3 in that class. 

This is FAR from over!    8)

The woman who presented the trophies also did a guest posing at the show.  It Is Kirsten Haratyk, she won the same class as you in the JR Nats in 2006.

http://www.repetrope.com/women/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=4370

That's right, I remember you mentioned that now!  She looks fantastic.
I hadn't heard that she was prepping for Nationals, do you know?  She'll definitely shake things up in the LWs this year if she is.   8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »

That's right, I remember you mentioned that now!  She looks fantastic.
I hadn't heard that she was prepping for Nationals, do you know?  She'll definitely shake things up in the LWs this year if she is.   8)

It did not look like she was prepping for Nat's but might be, she was in shape and has that advanced look.  I really do wish more BB shows would use FBB as guest posers, to me they are much more interesting and unique.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 01:48:21 PM »
She is, can't wait to see her!  She is a very nice girl and has been pretty involved in the IL shows recently..judging and such...which is nice.  I think she should do very well...

It was great meeting you luv!  You looked so great :)  I had no idea you were so close to the show-will you be at the Mid-Illinois in December?
Jennifer

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »
She is, can't wait to see her!  She is a very nice girl and has been pretty involved in the IL shows recently..judging and such...which is nice.  I think she should do very well...

It was great meeting you luv!  You looked so great :)  I had no idea you were so close to the show-will you be at the Mid-Illinois in December?

Great meeting you too Jen.  :)  Thanks for the props!! Yeah I love that show its right in my back yard LOL, it really makes things soooo much easier than traveling.  I think that will be the next show I do again, need the break, gonna be fun watching you guys up there, wherever that may be.  Oh and if you need an oil up boy for your next comp. I can give you a hand  :P

Do you mean the Iron Man in December?  Yes I think I will attend, hope to see you there!  If you have the pics we took together and get a chance post em up when you can   8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
u looked awesome luv2hurt.

im always impressed when i see people with very developed hamstrings nice work..

Thanks MUVIRSE!!  Yeah hams have grown well over the years, I attribute most of their development to squats.  Even though I dont squat as much now I still love to get under that bar.  Most people cry about leg day, I look forward to it.

Man got back in the gym this week after some time off after the show and it feels great!!  Am very looking forward to this gaining season over the winter, plan on hitting it hard as I can.  Right now I am in a detoxifiying stage so to speak, so i will have to keep the intensity and motivation up over the next 2-3 months.  Then its on! hardcore till the next show about this time next year.  I will just keep trying to learn and get better.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
I know its been a while since the show but found these pics of the BEAST and I at the Pride Nutr. booth.  Jennifer was nice and let me show my stronger arm in the shot  8)

Maybe since there is another show in Chicago this weekend I should get some pics of the Chi-Town Getbig crew kicking it, LOL this show has a bar  :P

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 04:36:48 AM »
I know its been a while since the show but found these pics of the BEAST and I at the Pride Nutr. booth.  Jennifer was nice and let me show my stronger arm in the shot  8)

Maybe since there is another show in Chicago this weekend I should get some pics of the Chi-Town Getbig crew kicking it, LOL this show has a bar  :P

Great pics...you should definitely get a couple shots of the crew this weekend.  Are you gonna see Block and Beast?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 05:04:28 AM »

Great pics...you should definitely get a couple shots of the crew this weekend.  Are you gonna see Block and Beast?

Yes Iam, both will be in attendence.  It should be a fun show, nice just being able to watch and relax.  Those guys are cool and are active, solid competitors and supporters of Illinois BB, good, fun people.  :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 06:34:41 AM »
Yes Iam, both will be in attendence.  It should be a fun show, nice just being able to watch and relax.  Those guys are cool and are active, solid competitors and supporters of Illinois BB, good, fun people.  :)

Awesome.  Please say HI from me to both of them.  Pics are a must!   ;D