Author Topic: The guys in the 60s-70s must have been made of Rock.  (Read 3982 times)

DragonRider

• Getbig II
Re: The guys in the 60s-70s must have been made of Rock.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 07:28:32 PM »
I dont know about thet. Personaly my farmer grandparents and their friends are MUCH sturdier than the younger generations IMO. Even more so In SE Asia, my wifes homeland. Very old age common, with next to no health care in her area. They eat all natural, live in the clean air.

Life span now compared to just two generations ago is much longer. Many of our grandparents and great grandparents (in America) died relatively young from heart disease and they never touched steroids. It was that good old country cooking and hard lives.

Many of them big wrestlers and strongmen die young of heart issues.
Keep tabs on lipids and BP etc MAY help, may not.
we all die in the end though,

Not related to steroids. If you check, heart issues among wrestlers is related to cocaine or other recreational drug use.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »
Can you name just one? Most of the gear heads from the 60's and 70's are much healthier than our grandparents and great grandparents ever thought of being.

Arnold S himself had some heart surgery.  Anyhow I dont care WTF you do just making people aware of possible complications of staying on gear for ever.  How do you know how healthy my grandparents were?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »
You wouldnt beleive the age and shape of the oldtimers on wifeys Island.
All natural food (Sea food and coconut) and NO medical care.

As a nation we are getting less healthy regardless of all the drugs the DRs shovel on us.

Even from time I was in HS (70s) to now, Major change in obesity & health.

I dont think AAS are the killer they are made to be, but need keep tabs on your health.

Ive seen more than a few oversize athletes die early. Just being big is likely a risk factor.
I sholuld live to 1000  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 08:06:09 PM »
Arnold S himself had some heart surgery.  Anyhow I dont care WTF you do just making people aware of possible complications of staying on gear for ever.  How do you know how healthy my grandparents were?
Who knows if was true or not, but when Arnold had heart surgery, doctors claimed it was a genetic defect that had been there all along and that regardless of bodybuilding or anything else, eventually this would have caught up to him just the same.

BS? maybe, but we'll never no for sure...even so, genetic anomalies like this do occur in people. Case in point would be my father...a non smoker who was born with a tumor in his right lung...it grew until he was 42 until it had to come out. He's fine now, even though they did remove about 25% of one of his lungs

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »
Yep thats the usual reply he had "a possible genetic heart problem, would have happened regardless"  Funny how these same guys also juiced their asses off for many, many years.  Yes it is BS for the most part.  But if everyone wants to believe steroids are health food or something, then keep dreaming.

jakecody

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 04:31:22 AM »
There is a lot of truth in this.  Really once you shut down natural production it will be just as difficult to recover from a 10 weeks cycle as a 1+ year cycle, it really does not matter.

I 've read this before.  Some actually said that shorter cycles could be more damaging then say 4-5 month cycles.  I'm heading toward the end of my first cycle(10 week cycle - I'm in week 8) and keep wandering if i should prolong it.  i have enough gear for another 5 weeks(15 total) and I could get more fairly easily.  If it is true that the body has to work just as hard to recover from short cycles then longer ones is there harm in extending for another 10 weeks provided blood work is fine?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 04:37:32 AM »
Yep thats the usual reply he had "a possible genetic heart problem, would have happened regardless"  Funny how these same guys also juiced their asses off for many, many years.  Yes it is BS for the most part.  But if everyone wants to believe steroids are health food or something, then keep dreaming.

My personal feel from use is that 250-500 or 600mg of clean Test per week is not so unhealthy.
Ive never had any health realated issues other than: Shutdown, some hair loss, zits.

Ive had blood work and exams and my best blood work has been on some pretty high doses or right after.
Eating poorly  scores me worse lipids than AAS.
No prostrate issuse and Ive had PLENTY Thia Dbol, anapolon, TE SUS etc.
Genetics play a large roll.

Id steer clear of kitchen gear.

DragonRider

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 05:03:27 AM »
True, but Arnold had surgery for a congenital condition. His father died from it, so he decided to have it treated.
And, I wasn't referring specifically to your grandparents. No need to take it personal. It was not intended to be. I'm talking about what general statistics show.
My only intent was to inform some who may not know, what the bodybuilding community has known for about 10 years now and that is that hormones are beneficial to your health, not a hinderence.
We keep quoting the media, who has a predetermined agenda, as if they were telling the truth about the dangers of steroids when the evidence points to the fact that nothing could be further from the truth.

http://www.ergogenics.org/clapp.html

This is just one persons story. There is also an interview between Bryant Gumbel and a medical doctor floating around the internet where the doctor states that there is no evidence to support most of the negative rumors about steroids.

DragonRider

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 05:10:38 AM »
Who knows if was true or not, but when Arnold had heart surgery, doctors claimed it was a genetic defect
It's true we can't prove it, but we do know his father died early from the same condition.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 09:17:28 AM »
i think the level of your abuse has a big part to play in how youl stand the test of time, if i was caining it as the pros do id fully expect to be having some problems along the line.

i think youd be hard pressed if you were a regular gym goer who does the odd cycle and u came down with major liver/kidney/or heart problems as a direct result of steroid use