Author Topic: ANYBODY CONCERNED ABOUT THE ECONOMY TANKING? Why?  (Read 3306 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
ANYBODY CONCERNED ABOUT THE ECONOMY TANKING? Why?
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:36:31 PM »
I am.  we don't need another recession w this Iraq bullshit going on.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: ANYBODY CONCERNED ABOUT THE ECONOMY TANKING? Why?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »
I dunno..

I need to steal my neighbor's copy of the wall street journal or the times.

I am not worried.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »

aren't you gonna graduate soon?  don't you want that financial analyst job pre-MBA?

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »
I changed $1000 Canadian dollars today, and got $1050 American. They also just fired 1200 Canadian Chrysler workers from the plant by my house. Cancelled an entire shift. Parts plants soon to follow layoffs. Hell must be gonna freeze over soon, and locusts swarm......

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
They also just fired 1200 Canadian Chrysler workers from the plant by my house. Cancelled an entire shift. Parts plants soon to follow layoffs. Hell must be gonna freeze over soon, and locusts swarm......

chrysler firings don't have anything to do w the stock mkts dropping.  chrysler was taken pvt, & people knew this was coming. 

the dollar plummeting though . . . not so good for us, not so good for the rest of the world.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »
I'm not worried. There's always Vegas.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:58:45 PM »

wynn's putting billions into his projects in china . . . wonder if the money will dry up now

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »
nope....not worried

getbig is free

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 06:13:45 PM »
The price of oil going up means good news for us.  All those reserves we have are in dollars.  As long as we have them, and oil is near $100 a barrel, the dollar will always have a home in the world markets.  Chaos over there means the only stable things people can count on are US corporations - and they are always run fine!

Besides, Dubai is trying to grab a fifth of the Nasdaq, and US firms have longterm contracts all over Arabia now.  The revenue will keep our kids as fat and happy as we are.

- Mad Nickels, the smartest high school junior on this m*&^#*#$&@king board, son.

I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Jizzacked

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »
if you want stability against the collapsing dollar and inflation, precious metals are your way to go.  gold, silver, palladium.  fiat currency isn't worth the paper its printed on... most wont even bother to take this into account, but if you educate yourself to the current global economy and recognize how precious metals (physically held, not in some pool account) will help you ride through the storm that is coming... you are going to be much better off.

gonna be a tough wake up call for a lot of people.... metals, food, guns, and ammo are the currency of the future.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 06:17:55 PM »
As a you make good investment you should be somewhat ok

1. People will always need a place to live..rental properties
2. People will always needs food..grocery stores

as you as fully aware the markets fluctuate..what goes up must come down and vice versa

when housing market started taking off I wasn't aggresive or smart enough to take advantage. Maybe now that it is coming down and becoming a buyers more oppertunities will present themselves.

also maybe now is the time to start looking into foreign markets.

where some see disaster others see oppertunity

also maybe not hookers will start charging less and the price of coke and weed might come down also..liquor is always cheap
Here comes the money shot

Jizzacked

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
The price of oil going up means good news for us.  All those reserves we have are in dollars.  As long as we have them, and oil is near $100 a barrel, the dollar will always have a home in the world markets.  Chaos over there means the only stable things people can count on are US corporations - and they are always run fine!

Besides, Dubai is trying to grab a fifth of the Nasdaq, and US firms have longterm contracts all over Arabia now.  The revenue will keep our kids as fat and happy as we are.

- Mad Nickels, the smartest high school junior on this m*&^#*#$&@king board, son.

the USD has been taking a serious nose dive... which in turn means higher purchasing power in the form of oil or gold and silver... platinum and palladium to some degree.  diversify, and keep in mind all that money you hold in banks in greenbacks is being used to hedge inflation to prevent the collapse of one of the strongest currencies in recent times.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 08:34:48 AM »
I am.  we don't need another recession w this Iraq bullshit going on.

Duhhh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart...wrong forum bro...try "General Topics"!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 08:39:17 AM »
Duhhh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart...wrong forum bro...try "General Topics"!

is there a problem, diaperdick?

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 08:51:54 AM »
is there a problem, diaperdick?

he is upset you chose not to discuss what nasser's soiled posing trunks smell like.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »

SLAP

THAT WAS DONE TO WAKE YOU UP OUT OF YOUR STUPOR.....AMERICA IS OVER..FINISHED, KAPUT, DONE..

THE ONLY FAT HAPPY BASTARD WILL BE KIDS WITH DISTENDED STOMACHS DUE TO HUNGER AND/OR EATING A LOW GRADE FOOD SO MUCH WORST THAN FAST FOOD A DOG WOULD TURN ITS NOSE UP TO IT.

HERE'S ANOTHER SLAP TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWAKE...

AND INCASE YOU DON'T KNOW OIL IS NOW BEING SOLD IN EUROS ALMOST EVERYWHERE...NOT DOLLARS.
WHY DO YOU THINK AMERICA ATTACKED IRAQ??? IT WAS TO TRY AND KEEP THE DOLLAR PEGGED TO THE OIL....THE PLAN FAILED NOW IT IS CURTAINS FOR THE USA. GET YOUR SOUP CAN READY.....
C

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »
SLAP

THAT WAS DONE TO WAKE YOU UP OUT OF YOUR STUPOR.....AMERICA IS OVER..FINISHED, KAPUT, DONE..

THE ONLY FAT HAPPY BASTARD WILL BE KIDS WITH DISTENDED STOMACHS DUE TO HUNGER AND/OR EATING A LOW GRADE FOOD SO MUCH WORST THAN FAST FOOD A DOG WOULD TURN ITS NOSE UP TO IT.

HERE'S ANOTHER SLAP TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWAKE...

AND INCASE YOU DON'T KNOW OIL IS NOW BEING SOLD IN EUROS ALMOST EVERYWHERE...NOT DOLLARS.
WHY DO YOU THINK AMERICA ATTACKED IRAQ??? IT WAS TO TRY AND KEEP THE DOLLAR PEGGED TO THE OIL....THE PLAN FAILED NOW IT IS CURTAINS FOR THE USA. GET YOUR SOUP CAN READY.....

before we let anything like that happen, we'll blow your bitch ass and your country's bitch ass to smithereens, meldownboy . . .  ;D ;D

hth.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
before we let anything like that happen, we'll blow your bitch ass and your country's bitch ass to smithereens, meldownboy . . .  ;D ;D

hth.
Your post reminded me of this tee-shirt (from thoseshirts.com)

R

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
   It's not so much that the U.S economy going down as is Canada is actually enjoying a booming economy. Good for them, the are a land rich in resources and have a leader who is doing things that are building their economy stronger.
  OPEC raised oil prices which Mexico responded by reducing their production. The U.S gets 14% of its oil from Mexico. This is one reason why the U.S dollar took a hit more recently. The U.S gets more oil from Mexico than any other part of the world, even the middle east.
h

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 03:10:23 PM »
   It's not so much that the U.S economy going down as is Canada is actually enjoying a booming economy. Good for them, the are a land rich in resources and have a leader who is doing things that are building their economy stronger.
  OPEC raised oil prices which Mexico responded by reducing their production. The U.S gets 14% of its oil from Mexico. This is one reason why the U.S dollar took a hit more recently. The U.S gets more oil from Mexico than any other part of the world, even the middle east.

THE US DOESN'T GET ANY OF ITS OIL FORM THE MIDDLE EAST...ALL OF AMERICAS OIL COMES FROM MEXICO, CANADA, VENEZUELA AND NIGERIA...AND BY THE WAY MOST OF AMERICAS OIL COMES FROM CANADA.

CANANDA'S ECONOMY IS BOOMING BECAUSE IT ENTERED INTO A DEAL WITH CHINA...SUPPLYING CHINA WITH MUCH NEEDED OIL AND MAKING A KILLING FROM IT...
C

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »
its cool,i have a lot of guns.

bench

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 05:44:48 PM »
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »
Me too.   Derivatives.

how do you mean? do you invest in them, or are you worried about the unknown dimensions of their impact on the markets?

kind of a surprising answer from you . . .

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 05:55:30 PM »
aren't you gonna graduate soon?  don't you want that financial analyst job pre-MBA?

To bet honest, I'd be happy with a full charge bookeepig gig. Business school is like maybe 10 years down the road.

And I am wating for the 2008 Nassau county police officer exam. Or an internship for my junior year.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 06:10:38 PM »
To bet honest, I'd be happy with a full charge bookeepig gig. Business school is like maybe 10 years down the road.

And I am wating for the 2008 Nassau county police officer exam. Or an internship for my junior year.

good luck,its the best thing i ever did.

bench