Author Topic: Yet Another Biblical Contradiction  (Read 20898 times)

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
Re: Yet Another Biblical Contradiction
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »
Same homos attacking the word.

Wheres the contradiction?He paid for the field by throwing the money.

And im amazed that someone would dispute whether someones guts would splatter or not after dropping off a cliff.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2007, 02:39:11 AM »
MCWAY explained it, but maybe this will help you further (from lookinguntojesus.com)

Luke indicates that Judas purchased it, while Matthew reveals that the chief priests bought the field. This is not a contradiction, but a difference of perspective. Indeed, the chief priests conducted the transaction for the field, however, it was not with their money. Nor would they have claimed the money. In verse 6, the abominable nature of this money is spoken of. They would not permit it to be included in the treasury, and certainly did not take possession of it for themselves. It had to be disposed of in some fashion. Thus, they purchased the field with it. Was it their field? No, for it was not their money that purchased the field (nor did they want the money or the field). The field was purchased by means of Judas, thus it was his field.
There is no contradiction.

Said another way, if Luke (or anyone else) consulted a record or deed to find out who the owner of that field was, that owner would be Judas Iscariot.

Judas did not buy the field.   the Priests did.

Judas did not decide to buy the field.  The Priest did.  

Therefore the priests bought the field not Judas.

I see what you are getting at, but it's a incorrect statement or a contradiction.   The field was bought with Judas's money but not with his decision.   So to say Judas bought the field is incorrect.   It's not a matter of perspective it's a matter of meaning.  

If i, for example donated money for the specific purpose to buy a field then it might be said i bought the field even thought someone used my money to buy it, my money was given for that purpose.  If i gave money to a chairty and they bought a bike, i did not buy that bike, the charity did.

However, Judas threw the money at the temple and then killed him self.   he did not buy the field.

Your point from the charity analogy is well-taken. However, there's one major difference between that analogy and the situation with Judas. The key word is "give (gave, given, etc.)

In your analogy, if you give the money and the charity accepts the money; thus anything purchased with it, at that point, belongs to the charity.

However, as is stated in Matthew's gospel, the priese DID NOT accept Judas' silver, because it was blood money. You can't give someone something, unless that someone accepts it. The field was bought with Judas' money, procured by Judas' treachery of betraying Jesus.

If the priests could have legally and ritualistically taken that money, I'll go out on a limb and say that the last thing to be purchased would be an empty field to bury dead people. They did that, for the aforementioned reasons. It was blood money, paid to a traitor who admitted to shedding innocent blood. The priests could have nothing to do with that. And, that ancient society of Israel was cognizant of that fact. Therefore, the money (and anything subsequently purchased with such) belongs to that traitor, which is why Luke's stating that Judas bought that field is not contradictory to what Matthew stated. Matthew simply gives more details, concerning the issue.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:55 AM »
Said another way, if Luke (or anyone else) consulted a record or deed to find out who the owner of that field was, that owner would be Judas Iscariot.

Your point from the charity analogy is well-taken. However, there's one major difference between that analogy and the situation with Judas. The key word is "give (gave, given, etc.)

In your analogy, if you give the money and the charity accepts the money; thus anything purchased with it, at that point, belongs to the charity.

However, as is stated in Matthew's gospel, the priese DID NOT accept Judas' silver, because it was blood money. You can't give someone something, unless that someone accepts it. The field was bought with Judas' money, procured by Judas' treachery of betraying Jesus.

If the priests could have legally and ritualistically taken that money, I'll go out on a limb and say that the last thing to be purchased would be an empty field to bury dead people. They did that, for the aforementioned reasons. It was blood money, paid to a traitor who admitted to shedding innocent blood. The priests could have nothing to do with that. And, that ancient society of Israel was cognizant of that fact. Therefore, the money (and anything subsequently purchased with such) belongs to that traitor, which is why Luke's stating that Judas bought that field is not contradictory to what Matthew stated. Matthew simply gives more details, concerning the issue.

good points MCWAY
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2007, 07:04:10 AM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:44 AM »

It still goes back to Judas not deciding to buy the field.   Judas the threw the money at the temple.  the priests don't accept the money but, in fact they accept making a decision with the money which means they accepted responsibility for it.  They decided to buy the field, therefore they bought the field, not Judas.

They bought a field with Judas's money.   In any analogy that's how it's described.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 07:13:15 AM »
It still goes back to Judas not deciding to buy the field.   Judas the threw the money at the temple.  the priests don't accept the money but, in fact they accept making a decision with the money which means they accepted responsibility for it.  They decided to buy the field, therefore they bought the field, not Judas.

They bought a field with Judas's money.   In any analogy that's how it's described.

It doesn't matter who made the decision for Judas.  Judas bought it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 08:07:32 AM »

Yes it does, because by "throwing" the money at the temple he is releasing responsibility for it. 

If i throw money at group of people and leave to go hang myself and those people take the money and buy a bottle of Jack Daniels did i buy the bottle or did they?

They bought the bottle.

The priests bought the field.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 08:10:20 AM »

Sorry, but as i re-read this sentence it becomes more absurd. 

To buy something you must first make a decision........ It's impossible to buy something with out making a decision to do so. Judas never made the decision therefore he didn't buy it. 

Sorry, loco, you are grasping.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:12 AM »
Yes it does, because by "throwing" the money at the temple he is releasing responsibility for it. 

If i throw money at group of people and leave to go hang myself and those people take the money and buy a bottle of Jack Daniels did i buy the bottle or did they?

They bought the bottle.

The priests bought the field.

Sorry, but as i re-read this sentence it becomes more absurd. 

To buy something you must first make a decision........ It's impossible to buy something with out making a decision to do so. Judas never made the decision therefore he didn't buy it. 

Sorry, loco, you are grasping.

I disagree, but thanks for sharing your opinion!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »
I disagree.

Why?

Explain how a person can buy something without making a decision to do so.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2007, 09:09:10 AM »
Why?

Explain how a person can buy something without making a decision to do so.

Simple, they took Judas' money and bought the field in Judas' name.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
Again the scoffers have slithered out of their holes to mount an attack in futility against the most high! When will you demons learn that God’s word has stood the test of time? You will be worm food long before his word passes from this earth; it is from everlasting to everlasting!

Scoffers and men of vanity, do you know what the scripture says about you?

Romans 11:7-10
7 What then? What Israel sought so earnestly it did not obtain, but the elect did. The others were hardened, (OzmO, CD82 and the like)
8 as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day.”
9 And David says:  "May their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a retribution for them.
10 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever."

Thus saith the Lord!

HMIC
W

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2007, 09:44:04 AM »
Simple, they took Judas' money and bought the field in Judas' name.

Then you said it your self:   they took Judas' money and bought the field   As you say, Judas did not buy the field.

Error in the bible.   Contradiction of God's word.   Hence the Bible is not 100% the Word of God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
Again the scoffers have slithered out of their holes to mount an attack in futility against the most high! When will you demons learn that God’s word has stood the test of time? You will be worm food long before his word passes from this earth; it is from everlasting to everlasting!

Scoffers and men of vanity, do you know what the scripture says about you?

Romans 11:7-10
7 What then? What Israel sought so earnestly it did not obtain, but the elect did. The others were hardened, (OzmO, CD82 and the like)
8 as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day.”
9 And David says:  "May their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a retribution for them.
10 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever."

Thus saith the Lord!

HMIC

Thump Thump   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »
Then you said it your self:   they took Judas' money and bought the field   As you say, Judas did not buy the field.

Error in the bible.   Contradiction of God's word.   Hence the Bible is not 100% the Word of God.

Really?  No, these passages do not contradict, but rather compliment each other, giving us more details about Judas' death, the fate of his body and the fate of his money.  I thank God for giving us both passages and not just one of the two.

Again, thanks for sharing your opinion!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
Really?  No, these passages do not contradict, but rather compliment each other, giving us more details about Judas' death, the fate of his body and the fate of his money.

They directly contradict.   You just deny it even in the face of black and white evidence; even in the face of your own admission.

A contradiction cannot exist in any capacity blatant or otherwise if person is unwilling to release the self imposed hold on their own common sense.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
They directly contradict.   You just deny it even in the face of black and white evidence; even in the face of your own admission.

A contradiction cannot exist in any capacity blatant or otherwise if person is unwilling to release the self imposed hold on their own common sense.

There is NO contradiction here at all because both are true.  A contradiction occurs when one statement excludes the possibility of another.

You deny this because your mind is already made up.  You want to see contradictions, thus you see alledged contradictions because you want them to be there. 

Nothing I say and no proof in the world will change your mind.  You do NOT want the Bible to be 100% the God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:32 AM »
There is NO contradiction here at all because both are true.  A contradiction occurs when one statement excludes the possibility of another.

You deny this because your mind is already made up.  You want to see contradictions, thus you see alledged contradictions because you want them to be there. 

Nothing I say and no proof in the world will change your mind.  You do NOT want the Bible to be 100% the God.

You cannot throw you money at a temple and hang yourself in one instance and then buy a field with that money in another instance......  as per your definition you have a contradiction.

2 times now, by your own words you have defined a contradiction in the bible.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2007, 10:39:34 AM »
OzmO,
Not only are you in denial, you don't even know what a contradiction really is.  Here is an good example of a contradiction

So, according to you, I deny that they directly contradict, I admit that they directly contradict.  Now, OzmO, you are contradicting yourself.    ;D

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
Incidentally, loco, to go slightly off-topic, did you ever read the Gospel of Judas or watch the National Geographic documentary about it?

If so, what did you make of the different take on the story in it?

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »

And why is this?
W

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »
OzmO,
Not only are you in denial, you don't even know what a contradiction really is.  Here is an good example of a contradiction

So, according to you, I deny that they directly contradict, I admit that they directly contradict.  Now, OzmO, you are contradicting yourself.    ;D

So you've gotten so desperate and have nothing to combat the assertion of this contradiction in the Bible you've resorted to finding fault in my sentence structure?

I'd expect better of you.  Or maybe this is one of your silly ploys that you use to distract from the issue because you know exactly what i was getting at.  What you try to do is force me to explain in detail what i meant when you know what i meant. 

If you have the courage go back to the issue. 

If not, I'll accept this latest post as an admission that those verses contradict each other.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2007, 10:48:37 AM »
Incidentally, loco, to go slightly off-topic, did you ever read the Gospel of Judas or watch the National Geographic documentary about it?

If so, what did you make of the different take on the story in it?

Wish I could give you an answer, but I have not read that Gospel or watched that documentary.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2007, 10:49:08 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2007, 10:51:29 AM »
And why is this?

I dont' know.  Ask OzmO.  I think he likes extra-marital sex too much to abstain, and the Bible says it's a sin.