Author Topic: Fred Thompson getting eaten aliver on 'Meet the Press'  (Read 1089 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Fred Thompson getting eaten aliver on 'Meet the Press'
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »
This guy seems unprepared to run a city, much less a nation.  Stumbling on his words, getting snappy with host Tim Russert, and being shown a wealth of incorrect statements he's made.

I challenge ANYONE here to list just why this guy should be president. 

Tell us about his 'leadership skills' lol....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Fred Thompson getting eaten aliver on 'Meet the Press'
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:22:09 AM »
He condones torture.  He condones invading Iran.  He love Gitmo.

So far I have not heard ONE position which differs from the Bush admin position on things.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:34:18 AM »
I think America needs a Great leader like Bill Clinton back in the office... ;D

Free Tibet.. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:37:37 AM »
I honestly wonder how this man would look in a debate against Hilary.

Yes, he's tall and has a good speaking voice.  I guess you could date him.

But he is Bush II without any experience.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:43:01 AM »
Something tells me you were looking for a fight that nobody is going to give you.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:47:32 AM »
Some of the board elders rejoiced when Thompson announced.  I remember two in particular who talked about how his great leadership skills were perfect, and that he was what the party needed, as Rudy and Romney's flipflops and liberal positions on abortion made them less-than-viable candidates.

Well, since then, Thompson has embarassed himself and slipped to 5th in some polls.  Fron first and second!  He made some bad public speaking gaffes showing he didn't understand simple things like US energy reserves.  Then he cancelled campaign stops, after reporters kept asking him technical Qs and he kept not knowing the answers.   THe prez of the US should be a very very smart person.  Thompson is charming, but smart?  No.

Anyway, I'd love to hear our local republicans tell us their thoughts on Thompson now.  You know who you are - you were so excited when he came out.  What do you think of Fred now?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 08:02:55 AM »
he's pretty good on law and order...
footloose and fancy free

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 09:43:14 AM »
This guy seems unprepared to run a city, much less a nation.  Stumbling on his words, getting snappy with host Tim Russert, and being shown a wealth of incorrect statements he's made.

And the difference from what we elected and RE-ELECTED in George Bush is...what? ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »
Even he has doubts about whether he can win.   :-\

Even Fred Thompson doubts he'll be president
By Toby Harnden in Bedford, New Hampshire
Last Updated: 4:45pm GMT 06/11/2007

Even Fred Thompson doesn't think he will become president. Chatting off-air to a television reporter, a stunningly candid off-the-cuff quip from the Hollywood actor cemented the impression that his heart is not in the 2008 race.

Trying to encourage his studio to hurry up so an interview could start, Carl Cameron of Fox News said into his microphone: "The next president of the United States has a schedule to keep." Standing beside him, a deadpan Mr Thompson interjected: "And so do I."

As some Thompson aides looked bemused and others cringed, a taken-aback Mr Cameron, Fox's chief political correspondent, exclaimed: "You can't do that kind of stuff!"

The self-deprecating quip said much about the former Tennessee senator's candidacy.

He was lampooned mercilessly after a YouTube clip showing him asking an audience Iowa underwhelmed by his stump speech: "First of all, could I have a round of applause?"

Having entered the 2008 contest in September, more than six months after all his rivals, Mr Thompson, 65, has kept a light schedule, delivered rambling speeches and shown little fondness for the glad-handing and back-slapping that is the very stuff of US politics.

He was visiting New Hampshire yesterday for just the third time despite having said two months before that he would appear there "early and often".

In the meantime, his chief opponents for the Republican nomination Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney have virtually taken up residence in the New England state, which holds its crucial early primary on January 8th, five days after the first votes of the election are cast in the Iowa caucuses.

Mr Thompson is running at about 17 per cent in the national Republican polls, second behind Mr Giuliani.

But he is languishing in fifth place in New Hampshire and fourth in Iowa.

Just before his Fox interview, Mr Thompson had given a long, meandering speech to a group of New Hampshire businessmen and state politicians.

When he entered the room there was barely a stir as people continued their conversations while he took his seat.

Once sitting down, Mr Thompson signalled to an aide for his glasses and then proceeded to write notes on a piece of paper, initially ignoring the hosts at his table for the "Politics and Eggs" forum in Bedford, New Hampshire – a must-do event for every candidate.

During a 20-minute, meandering speech, Mr Thompson – who has long been accused of being lazy - joked about rearranging his campaign schedule the previous evening so he could watch the New England Patriots play the Indianapolis Colts football game on television.

Fred Thompson: 'pessimistic'
"I also want you to know that I've got my priorities in order. When I saw yesterday that I was scheduled to catch a plane to leave at about four o'clock I did a little scrambling around and to make a long story short I saw to it that I got here at 11 o'clock."

Many at the breakfast were dismayed by Mr Thompson's performance.

"The American people like folks that have a positive, hopeful message," said one prominent Republican.

"This felt very pessimistic. He doesn't have the kind of fire and brimstone that excites people or gives them a reason to vote for him."

Fergus Cullen, New Hampshire's state Republican chairman, said Mr Thompson had made a big mistake in September when he opted to declare his candidacy on the "Jay Leno" talk show rather than attend a New Hampshire debate.

"He got off on the wrong foot here and he has been struggling to get onto the right foot ever since. He is still at the introducing himself stage of the campaign whereas most of the other candidates went through that six or 12 months ago."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/06/wuspols106.xml

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
Even he has doubts about whether he can win.   :-\

I'm still laughing at those here who said "Thompson will be a great leader!"

The man is incompetent, plain and simple.  Not smart enough to be president.

You guys assigned great leadership skills to a guy because he was on TV.  Fcking fools.