Author Topic: pm question answered  (Read 2110 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
pm question answered
« on: November 04, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »
Hey, I've been reading your posts for a while but never once have I seen you say anything about High-Intensity Technique's such as Supersetting, Drop Setting etc. How would the average gym rat incorporate them into our routines..

Thanks

well if you want to incorperate supersetting try to come to the gym when its empty and less crowded so you can do it right,,if you want to do drop sets try to have people who take the plates off from each side or all the weights you need next to you so you dont wait long between sets,,

when you go into sophisticated training which i usually dont give shit about since if you dont deveop your physiqe on basic training it wont get developed from sophisticated training,,but when you go into this superset and drop sets the most important thing is to do it right and not be all over the place and right in this training styles means very short brakes since weight is not increasing but decreasing the rest periods should be shorter and intensity at all time high,,also hormonizing to full extent when go all out supersting etc,,and ofcourse dont do it unless you try to bring up body parts..im not a very strong belioever of super setting btu i am a strong believer of short rest periods and high intensity even if it means lifting 20lb less
fallen angel

one1234

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: pm question answered
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »
well if you want to incorperate supersetting try to come to the gym when its empty and less crowded so you can do it right,,if you want to do drop sets try to have people who take the plates off from each side or all the weights you need next to you so you dont wait long between sets,,

when you go into sophisticated training which i usually dont give shit about since if you dont deveop your physiqe on basic training it wont get developed from sophisticated training,,but when you go into this superset and drop sets the most important thing is to do it right and not be all over the place and right in this training styles means very short brakes since weight is not increasing but decreasing the rest periods should be shorter and intensity at all time high,,also hormonizing to full extent when go all out supersting etc,,and ofcourse dont do it unless you try to bring up body parts..im not a very strong belioever of super setting btu i am a strong believer of short rest periods and high intensity even if it means lifting 20lb less

GH15
so what do u think of DOGGCRAPP routine where u do 3 rest pause sets with haeavy weight for one bodypart?...
The theory behind it is that there are 3 different types of muscles and you need to do 20 reps to hit all thesem muscles (fast,medium,slow twitch) and hence u grow faster.

thanks
one

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 01:38:49 PM »
GH15
so what do u think of DOGGCRAPP routine where u do 3 rest pause sets with haeavy weight for one bodypart?...
The theory behind it is that there are 3 different types of muscles and you need to do 20 reps to hit all thesem muscles (fast,medium,slow twitch) and hence u grow faster.

thanks
one

BS, you don't understand doggcrapp at all it seems.

one1234

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »
BS, you don't understand doggcrapp at all it seems.
ok..sorry...i thought u do one set of 3 rest pauses...can u tell me where its wrong?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »
ok..sorry...i thought u do one set of 3 rest pauses...can u tell me where its wrong?

THAT part wasn't wrong.

the 20 reps diffferent muscle fibers was wrong. That's neither purpose nor reason for DC.

go to www.intensemuscle.com and read up a bit!  ;)

one1234

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »
THAT part wasn't wrong.

the 20 reps diffferent muscle fibers was wrong. That's neither purpose nor reason for DC.

go to www.intensemuscle.com and read up a bit!  ;)

ok..lol..whaever the reason is ..its growing for me..lollllll ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 03:05:01 PM »

There you go GH15, a post that I agree with 100% :)

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
Lets say I'm doing my chest workout and i finish in 30mins.. Should I add an extra set in my exercises to make it 45mins?

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 04:20:16 AM »

So true. If you cant build muscle with convential training then whats the point doing advanced training

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 04:27:13 AM »
So true. If you cant build muscle with convential training then whats the point doing advanced training

Overcoming adaptive response?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
Lets say I'm doing my chest workout and i finish in 30mins.. Should I add an extra set in my exercises to make it 45mins?
No. If you've finished, and you know it, you're done. I've finished in 20 mins on the occasion, and it does feel like you should do something else, tho.  Usually add an extra set of abs and some jaw-jaw. 

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
few extra calf routines a week wouldnt go amis on most people either,,for those that finish early