Author Topic: Karma and the Partriots- Is character in sports a dead issue?  (Read 3910 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Karma and the Partriots- Is character in sports a dead issue?
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
A roster stocked with cheaters, malcontents, illegitmate fathers?  A dynasty started with the karma of a bad call (the tuck).  Is there a factor called Karma in sports? Is character "off topic" when it comes to the evaluation of the success of a team?  It is like the Bad Boys in Detroit of the NBA era- a fair topic open for debate . . .

body88

Re: Karma and the Partriots- Is character in sports a dead issue?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »
Rambo, I don't see how you consider Brady an illegitimate father. Brady had a baby with his ex girlfriend of 4 years. I don't see any evidence of him not being a good father? If a women becomes pregnant with a mans child and they decide to end the relationship yet still have the child that makes them bad people? You make it seem like he knocked up some random woman then ran away from the responsibility.

Also , I don't see how the things you stated do not apply to most all teams in the NFL. I can give you examples of the things you listed on many teams.

Manning's sexual assault fiasco, and Shawn Merrimen, and the Niners and Bronocs salery cap cheating scandals come to mind of the top of my head.

I think the league as a whole has some issues. Btw the pats missed the playoffs in 2002 due to the tuck rule going against them. It's a legit NFL rule , not the teams fault who benefits from it.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »
Rambo, I don't see how you consider Brady an illegitimate father. Brady had a baby with his ex girlfriend of 4 years. I don't see any evidence of him not being a good father? If a women becomes pregnant with a mans child and they decide to end the relationship yet still have the child that makes them bad people?

Also , I dont see how the things you stated do not apply to most all teams in the NFL. I can give you examples of the things you listed on many teams.

You make a point, but-- the convergence of success and bad actors, strange circumstances (aka Moss. the tuck, the cheating scandal) put more of a bulls eye on this franchise than others that have not profited from their bad karma.  It is similar to the Lakers and the Kobe sexual assault allegations, and the allegations of referee favoritism during the Scaramento series.  It is the price of fame . . .

But kudos to you for being a fan and at least allowing the debate to be had.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:40:22 PM »
Bwaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa

First it was bitter Yankee fans and now it's bitter football fans. This is just too much fun.  ;D

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
You make a point, but-- the convgerence of success and bad actors (aka Moss. the tuck, the cheating scandal) put more of a bulls eye on this franchise than others that have not profited from their bad karma.

But kudos to you for being a fan and at least allowing the debate to be had.

Well I see what you are saying, but until moss does something to warrent the malcontent label I dont see how you can hold the past against him now. There are a lot of guys on a lot of teams who have done some dumb things in the past. I look at Corey Dillon as an exampke personally. He had a bad reputation , but when he played in a different place he turned out fine. I guess it just depends on the situation. Would you label a guy like Manning a bad person due to his sexual assualt issue at UT? Imo it's all relative to how you look at things.

I dont know if Karma is after anyone because I think all NFL teams have skeletons. Just depends on if they are exposed or not IMO.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »
Rambo, I don't see how you consider Brady an illegitimate father. Brady had a baby with his ex girlfriend of 4 years. I don't see any evidence of him not being a good father? If a women becomes pregnant with a mans child and they decide to end the relationship yet still have the child that makes them bad people? You make it seem like he knocked up some random woman then ran away from the responsibility.

Also , I don't see how the things you stated do not apply to most all teams in the NFL. I can give you examples of the things you listed on many teams.

Manning's sexual assault fiasco, and Shawn Merrimen, and the Niners and Bronocs salery cap cheating scandals come to mind of the top of my head.

I think the league as a whole has some issues. Btw the pats missed the playoffs in 2002 due to the tuck rule going against them. It's a legit NFL rule , not the teams fault who benefits from it.

"Technically", since Brady was not married at the time the baby was conceived or delivered... the baby was a bastard child and as such, illegitimate.

Just from a technicality... In today's age, having a child out of wedlock is hardly the biggest issue facing people on this planet, in my opinion.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »
Bwaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

First it was bitter Yankee fans and now it's bitter football fans. This is just too much fun.  ;D

guilty as charged-- don't the good guys ever win?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »
"Technically", since Brady was not married at the time the baby was conceived or delivered... the baby was a bastard child and as such, illegitimate.

Just from a technicality... In today's age, having a child out of wedlock is hardly the biggest issue facing people on this planet, in my opinion.

True, that was on the list, but certainly not the chief issue . . . 

body88

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 05:46:26 PM »
guilty as charged-- don't the good guys ever win?

The "good guys" won the superbowl last year. My issue if the "good guys" have some skeletons in there closet also. Manning exposing himself to a young female trainor at UT is an exmaple. Is he a bad guy? Think about it. How would the public view Belichick if his son took his own life? Would they say he was never there? I am in no way trying to say the death of Dungys son his fault , but it makes you wonder what people would say if Belichick had the same tragedy happen. I think they would say he was a terrible father who was never there for his son. How about Andy Reid? The media can make you look like a darling , or they can make you look like a peice of shit.

What about the niners and broncos cheating the cap to field more players then they could afford during those sb runs? Travis henrey getting busted for drugs. Tank Johnson, Pacman, Vick, half the the vikings defense over the stripper thing, the list goes on and on. The team you are calling out is yet to have any players arrested during the bb reign. A little unfair IMO

The pats used to be adored by the media. People got sick of them. Now there is backlash. The colts will go through the same thing in time IMO

body88

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 05:52:08 PM »

I agree , but wording it so it looks like Brady is running around knocking random whores up is infair. If his girlfriend of many years found out she was pregnant after they split , and they decided to have the baby I dont see the issue. As long as Brady is a good father to the child I dont see the big deal. More of a below the belt shot at Brady then anything else.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 05:54:34 PM »
I agree , but wording it so it looks like Brady is running around knocking random whores up is infair. If his girlfriend of many years found out she was pregnant after they split , and they decided to have the baby I dont see the issue. As long as Brady is a good father to the child I dont see the big deal. More of a below the belt shot at Brady then anything else.

I won't disagree with that... Honestly... Brady is a good guy... very unselfish... I think that's why I hate him... There has to be SOMETHING crappy with the guy... some skeleton in that closet.

I'd probably like him more if I knew there was something shitty there.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »
A roster stocked with cheaters, malcontents, illegitmate fathers?  A dynasty started with the karma of a bad call (the tuck).  Is there a factor called Karma in sports? Is character "off topic" when it comes to the evaluation of the success of a team?  It is like the Bad Boys in Detroit of the NBA era- a fair topic open for debate . . .

What is you deal with Brady? I knew him in college and he was a great guy to talk to and i had a few chances to have some words with him after he was drafted. Tom is a great person and having a kid with his g/f of 4 years and splitting up is not that big of a deal. Tom will take care of his son. I believe you are jeaous of what Tom has accomplished with his life. I am a Michigan man so i am defending my guy. When it comes to Illegitmate fathers, i can think of Shawn Kemp.
D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
What is you deal with Brady? I knew him in college and he was a great guy to talk to and i had a few chances to have some words with him after he was drafted. Tom is a great person and having a kid with his g/f of 4 years and splitting up is not that big of a deal. Tom will take care of his son. I believe you are jeaous of what Tom has accomplished with his life. I am a Michigan man so i am defending my guy. When it comes to Illegitmate fathers, i can think of Shawn Kemp.

i have some serious money riding on the Michigan-osu game.  i think michigan's going to do it this year . . . although it means carr probably will be back.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »
i have some serious money riding on the Michigan-osu game.  i think michigan's going to do it this year . . . although it means carr probably will be back.

You better take that bet off. I was at Michigan's spring practice and i knew what was coming. I have heard from a friend that has a class with Hart that he will not be 100% till January. Michigan has no d this year. I would like for it to happen but their are too many injuries for Michigan this year. I won four thousand dollars on four Michigan games this year but i am not putting anything on the next two games. Carr is a problem but is mostly comes with Mike Deboard. Michigan is so damn predictable it is not even funny. First and second downs will all be running plays and third down will be a pass. I just called the game for you. :(
D

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 06:26:20 PM »

It's not just the ilegitimacy, its the cheating and the bad calls and the malcontents and the illegitmacy, all combinbed.  Jealous of him?  Yeah who wouldn't be?  But not the point of my post.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »
The "good guys" won the superbowl last year. My issue if the "good guys" have some skeletons in there closet also. Manning exposing himself to a young female trainor at UT is an exmaple. Is he a bad guy? Think about it. How would the public view Belichick if his son took his own life? Would they say he was never there? I am in no way trying to say the death of Dungys son his fault , but it makes you wonder what people would say if Belichick had the same tragedy happen. I think they would say he was a terrible father who was never there for his son. How about Andy Reid? The media can make you look like a darling , or they can make you look like a peice of shit.

What about the niners and broncos cheating the cap to field more players then they could afford during those sb runs? Travis henrey getting busted for drugs. Tank Johnson, Pacman, Vick, half the the vikings defense over the stripper thing, the list goes on and on. The team you are calling out is yet to have any players arrested during the bb reign. A little unfair IMO

The pats used to be adored by the media. People got sick of them. Now there is backlash. The colts will go through the same thing in time IMO

The Colt's probably won't, because the top dog is going to get the attention, and this year it's probably the Pats (but come on, compare church going Dungee with "Kill Bill"" ???)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
First and second downs will all be running plays and third down will be a pass. I just called the game for you. :(

everybody's known that for the last ten years, but . . . i'm going to let the money ride.  Unless Hart/manningham get injured. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 06:34:57 PM »
everybody's known that for the last ten years, but . . . i'm going to let the money ride.  Unless Hart/manningham get injured. 

Hart is already injured. Mike has a high ankle sprain. How much are you letting ride??
D

body88

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 06:38:40 PM »
The Colt's probably won't, because the top dog is going to get the attention, and this year it's probably the Pats (but come on, compare church going Dungee with "Kill Bill"" ???)

Thats what I mean. Dungy is a very nice guy. Everyone loves him. Belichick is more of a robot who gives the media little to nothing to report. Think about it. What would people say if Belichicks child took his own life. Dungy's son was a extremely troubled child. Both you and I know that everyone would say Belichick was never there for his son. Belichick was not a good father. Football was more important than his family.

Dungy made some homophobic comments last year. Imagine if Belichick did the same thing? Belichick does a lot of media that you guys never see out of NE. Honestly he is quit a likable guy if you listen to him speak. The pro bowl showed that last year.

Honestly Beli deserves some of the criticism he receives , but the Dungy obsession is more of a media popularity contest then anything else. If you are not a straight laced god fairing man Dungy would question your life choices. Which is quit hypocritical considering the family problems he has had. That much has been proven. If there are two guys , one who you really like, and the other who is not the most likable guy. Who are you going to hammer / protect given the chance?

The whole good vs evil thing was started by you guessed it , espn  ::)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »
Hart is already injured. Mike has a high ankle sprain. How much are you letting ride??

hart's still looking good enough for me.  it's quite a bit now . . . made on Notre Dame and Penn State. 
Easy come, easy go.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 06:59:47 PM »
Is there a factor called Karma in sports?

of course not you dolt !

the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence

the word "karma" must be the most misused word in existance

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »

There has to be SOMETHING crappy with the guy... some skeleton in that closet.

I'd probably like him more if I knew there was something shitty there.

There is something shitty there..he has a terrible habit of helping the Patriots score too many god damn points.   >:(

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »
There is something shitty there..he has a terrible habit of helping the Patriots score too many god damn points.   >:(

Haha!!!

Can't argue that... wonder what would have happened if that AFC championship game hadn't had those bad calls so many years ago.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 08:20:59 AM »
Well if we didn't have so many shitty calls last year, the Pats would have won SB number 4.  ;D
L

body88

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 08:36:58 AM »
The whole karma thing is bullshit. The people who have vilified the pats , are the same people who made them media darlings in the first place. The media. They got sick of the pats winning , and viola. The same thing will happen to the "darling" colts on day.

As for injury's last Sunday Indy Had some. So what? So didn't the pats. The pats played without Wilson, Morris, or Adalius Thomas. Its all about depth. Guys get hurt. Every team in the world could say well if we had these guys in at this time we would win! Guess what , you don't have the depth , so when injury's happen you pay for it. Get better depth. When Seymour went down Green stepped in.  When Maroney was Hurt Morris stepped in. It's called quality depth, the colts have none at the wr/lb position.

The officiating last week was absolute inexcusable. The refs where absolutely screwing the patriots. The pats overcame 8 ridiculous calls to win that game. They scored 14 unanswered points late in the game. The colts got there points of crap pi calls and a freak run by Addai. In the second half Addai ran for like 20 yards. When in the redzone Indy couldn't score all day. Dallas Clark was shut out , and Wayne was controled. The plan was to let Addai get his yards and shit down the passing game. Both plans worked aside from that freak run Addai had for 80 yards.

I don't want to hear it. During last years AFCCG  the pats where decimated with injury's.