Author Topic: Kucinich to Force Vote on Cheney Impeachment  (Read 1570 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Kucinich to Force Vote on Cheney Impeachment
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:48:14 AM »
In an attempt to solidify the fact he is a nut . . . .

Kucinich to Force Vote on Cheney Impeachment

Monday, November 5, 2007 8:25 AM

By: Susan Jones, CNSNews.com Senior Editor

Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio, the liberal Democrat who's launched a presidential campaign, says he plans to force an up-or-down vote in the U.S. House of Representatives on an impeachment resolution against Vice President Dick Cheney.

Kucinich announced last week that he will offer a "privileged resolution" on Nov. 6 that would require House members, within two days, to vote on what to do with the impeachment measure.

He plans to discuss the matter in a conference call on Monday evening.

"The momentum is building for impeachment," Kucinich said in a Nov. 2 news release. "Millions of citizens across the nation are demanding Congress rein in the Vice President's abuse of power."

House Resolution 333 says Cheney should be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors," because he "purposely manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and Congress of the United States by fabricating a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to justify the use of the United States Armed Forces against the nation of Iraq in a manner damaging to our national security interests."

Kucinich insists that Vice President Cheney continues to violate the U.S. Constitution by insisting on the supremacy of the Executive Branch.

The resolution introducing articles of impeachment against the vice president has 21 cosponsors, all of them Democrats.

"Congress must hold the Vice President accountable," Kucinich said last week. He accused Cheney of using his office to advocate the "continued occupation of Iraq and prod our nation into a belligerent stance against Iran."

For the record, at a San Francisco rally against climate change on Saturday, anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan wore a T-shirt reading, "Arrest Cheney First," the San Francisco Chronicle reported. Sheehan is now running for the House seat of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/kucinich_cheney/2007/11/05/46698.html

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Kucinich to Force Vote on Cheney Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:50:23 AM »
This guy is a nut. He makes Obama look good.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:53:18 AM »
In an attempt to solidify the fact he is a nut . . . .

Why do you continually attack the messenger and not the message?

You call him a nut instead of addressing his argument.  Owned ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:07:59 AM »

Why are you so infatuated with me?  It's kinda cute, but dude . . . .

Kucinich is a nut.  You have problem with that analysis?  Go create a thread and complain about it.  Wait . . . too late.  lol.  :)

And I've discussed (with rational people who believe we actually landed on the moon) my belief that the impeachment talk is ridiculous.

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »

Tis common for short tempered catholic conservative man to refuse to enter in debate as he knows from examples throughout history he will lose. You cannot defend illegitimate ideas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »
Kucinich is a nut.  You have problem with that analysis? 

That's a hypothesis, at best.  Not an analysis.

An analysis would entail you giving us REASONS you consider him to be nuts.

But an analysis might be outside your skillset.  Please continue throwing out one-liners that 3rd graders use to insult each other.  

"He's nuts!"  <  Dog shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
That's a hypothesis, at best.  Not an analysis.

An analysis would entail you giving us REASONS you consider him to be nuts.

But an analysis might be outside your skillset.  Please continue throwing out one-liners that 3rd graders use to insult each other.  

"He's nuts!"  <  Dog shit.

Oh you got me Colombo.  lol.  I guess it takes a nut to relate to a nut?  I love this site.   ;D

And I do not use third grade one-liners!  I resent that.  I'm at least at a fifth grade level.  Easy.  Hey did you ever like the candy bar commercial "sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"?     

240 did we land on the moon?  [stifling snicker] 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
  [stifling snicker] 

#1 you're really taking this seriously.  Taking the time to type out that you're snickering is weird and unfunny.

#2 you're attacking the messenger, not the message, which is your poor debating skills and lack of understanding of what an analysis even is. 

#3 you're employing a diversion technique.  We're not talking about the moon landing.  You started writing about it when you were shown to not know the difference between a hypothesis and an analysis. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
Why are you so infatuated with me?  It's kinda cute, but dude . . . .

Kucinich is a nut.  You have problem with that analysis?  Go create a thread and complain about it.  Wait . . . too late.  lol.  :)

And I've discussed (with rational people who believe we actually landed on the moon) my belief that the impeachment talk is ridiculous.

No, no.  Cheney, not Kucinich, is nuts.  He shot a guy in the face.  He constantly related 9/11 to Iraq--even years after that was shown to be wishful thinking, He's the man that has cooked the intel books to attack Iraq and now he wants to take out Iran:

Vice President Dick Cheney had at one point considered asking Israel to launch limited missile strikes at an Iranian nuclear site to provoke a retaliation, Newsweek magazine reported on Sunday. http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN2323126720070923

Now who's crazy:

Cheney, who is arguably a murderous war criminal or

Kucinich who saw a light in the sky?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »
#1 you're really taking this seriously.  Taking the time to type out that you're snickering is weird and unfunny.

#2 you're attacking the messenger, not the message, which is your poor debating skills and lack of understanding of what an analysis even is. 

#3 you're employing a diversion technique.  We're not talking about the moon landing.  You started writing about it when you were shown to not know the difference between a hypothesis and an analysis. 

Brilliant.   ::)  Can you tell I don't take you seriously? [chuckle] 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »
Cheney should be impeached, no question about it.  So should Bush.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
No, no.  Cheney, not Kucinich, is nuts.  He shot a guy in the face.  He constantly related 9/11 to Iraq--even years after that was shown to be wishful thinking, He's the man that has cooked the intel books to attack Iraq and now he wants to take out Iran:

Vice President Dick Cheney had at one point considered asking Israel to launch limited missile strikes at an Iranian nuclear site to provoke a retaliation, Newsweek magazine reported on Sunday. http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN2323126720070923

Now who's crazy:

Cheney, who is arguably a murderous war criminal or

Kucinich who saw a light in the sky?

Nah.  Cheney would just be incompetent with a gun.  Not crazy.

I would imagine Israel is using the threat of a military strike on Iran to force the U.S. to do it, not the other way around.  If Cheney wants Israel to attack Iran then maybe he is nuts.  lol.    :)  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
Brilliant.   ::)  Can you tell I don't take you seriously? [chuckle] 

I'm owning your shit left and right today.   I've been here for 20 minutes on and off, and I've completely shut you down on multiple debates.  It's like you're not even trying anymore. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 10:44:30 AM »
I'm owning your shit left and right today.   I've been here for 20 minutes on and off, and I've completely shut you down on multiple debates.  It's like you're not even trying anymore. 

LOL!   ;D . . . .   LOL . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
If Cheney wants Israel to attack Iran then maybe he is nuts.  lol.    :)  

Quoted.

This way, when Decker delivers a new article showing exactly that, we can point out the fact that Beach Bum has called both Reagan AND Cheney "nuts" in just two days.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
Cheney should be impeached, no question about it.  So should Bush.

No doubt about it...
S

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 11:50:23 AM »
No doubt about it...
Ahhh a Ron Paul supporter i see. You guys are almost as bad as the Neocon but not quite.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »
Ahhh a Ron Paul supporter i see. You guys are almost as bad as the Neocon but not quite.
::) I won't be voting for Ron, but please, no where close is Ron Paul as bad as a neocon.  Nobody could be more anti-neocon than Ron Paul.  Ah fuck it, I might just vote for him :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 01:30:53 PM »
Rough day for beach bum. 

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 03:22:20 PM »
::) I won't be voting for Ron, but please, no where close is Ron Paul as bad as a neocon.  Nobody could be more anti-neocon than Ron Paul.  Ah fuck it, I might just vote for him :)
Education is the foundation of democracy. With privatized education we have no foundation.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »
Education is the foundation of democracy. With privatized education we have no foundation.

Huckabee is the best pro-Education candidate.  By far.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »
More from the loony bird:

Dennis Kucinich to Bring Up Cheney Impeachment Articles on Tuesday
Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nov. 5: Democratic presidential hopeful Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, speaks during a Bioeconomy Conference Forum.
WASHINGTON —  Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich is planning to make a procedural move on the House floor Tuesday that would call up a vote on the Democratic presidential candidate's resolution to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney.

In the resolution, which was introduced in April and has 21 co-sponsors, Kucinich accuses Cheney of lying to Congress and the U.S. public in order to enter into a war in Iraq, and of trying to mislead again in order to start a war with Iran.

"The vice president is cherry-picking intelligence and selectively using facts in a manner that does not portray the complete picture," Kucinich said in a statement Monday. "The best option to prevent an unnecessary war with Iran is to impeach the vice president, the lead cheerleader of the war. The Constitution gave Congress the power to impeach. Congress must use its power to restrain the administration and impeach the vice president before he prods the United States into another war."

Prospects for raising a point of privilege on the resolution don't appear strong, however, and a Monday evening conference call intended to discuss Tuesday's plan could foretell its future. Kucinich presidential campaign co-coordinator Herbert Hoffman said the scheduled call with resolution sponsors was canceled after suffering a fatal "technical failure."

RelatedStories
Congressman Kucinich Introduces Impeachment Articles Against Dick Cheney Kucinich Prepares Impeachment Articles Against Dick Cheney When Kucinich offers his resolution, the House does not have to consider it. After it is put up for consideration, the resolution must be ruled in order by the House Parliamentarian. If it is not ruled to be in order, the issue dies unless Kucinich successfully appeals the ruling of the chair.

That would lead to a vote right there on the issue, or it could lead to a delay of up to 48 hours. A vote — or more than likely, a motion to table Kucinich's effort — would probably be delayed, too.

Death of the resolution is the preferable route for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who indicated through her spokesman Monday that impeachment is off the table.

"We're focused on redeploying our troops out of Iraq, covering 10 million uninsured children and meeting our national priorities long neglected by the Bush administration," said Pelosi aide Nasheam Elshami.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers told FOX News that it's not in the speaker's interest to move impeachment articles.

"If she were to let this thing out of the box, considering the number of legislative issues we have pending ... it could create a split that could effect our productivity for the rest of the Congress," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308400,00.html

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 09:39:51 PM »
Um, do you dumb dems know what happens if cheney gets impeached?

Bush gets to appoint the replacement.

Chances are, it'd be Jeb, Mitt, or Rudy.

The guy who got the job would receive all props and no responsibility for anything that goes wrong, for the next year.  He'd be an incumbent for running for 2008. 

Many repubs believe that cheney retiring, blaming some made-up reason like family or heath, would be great for the repubs. 

this is why pelosi shot the impeachment down immediately. and why the repubs resurrected it immediately.  They WANT this.  Cheney out of office means they can carefully groom a guy and make him more sexy to voters - since none of the repub guys have any white house experience, and hilary actually does, in the eyes of voters. 
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »
Um, do you dumb dems know what happens if cheney gets impeached?

Bush gets to appoint the replacement.

Chances are, it'd be Jeb, Mitt, or Rudy.

The guy who got the job would receive all props and no responsibility for anything that goes wrong, for the next year.  He'd be an incumbent for running for 2008. 

Many repubs believe that cheney retiring, blaming some made-up reason like family or heath, would be great for the repubs. 

this is why pelosi shot the impeachment down immediately. and why the repubs resurrected it immediately.  They WANT this.  Cheney out of office means they can carefully groom a guy and make him more sexy to voters - since none of the repub guys have any white house experience, and hilary actually does, in the eyes of voters. 
I don't know.  Look what Clinton's impeachment did for Al Gore's chances at the big chair.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 07:50:36 AM »
What's partly so stupid about this is Cheney is not the Commander in Chief.  He didn't order the invasion. 

I also like this one: 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has previously stated that she did not want the impeachment articles to come to a vote. High-ranking Democratic Rep. Alcee Hastings, who was himself impeached while a judge in Florida, said he was not happy with Kucinich's attempts to raise the matter on the floor in an attempt to circumvent the normal legislative process.

Kucinich "is on a quest of his own. He sees flying saucers and he acts like one," Hastings said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308738,00.html