Author Topic: POLL:10 SETS OF 10 WITH 405 SQUAT, IS IT POSSIBLE????  (Read 4345 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: POLL:10 SETS OF 10 WITH 405 SQUAT, IS IT POSSIBLE????
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »
You should keep your mouth shut because you're only showing your ignorance.  PLers don't just train with singles and doubles, though apparently you're under the impression we do.  Every competitor worth his salt incorporates different rep schemes into their training.  You start out with high reps and lower weights and, as you approach the meet, cycle down with lower reps and higher weights.  If you trained at low reps, high weight ALL the time, your CNS would get fried after a few weeks.  A few years down the road when you've had more experience under your belt, you might see what I'm talking about. ;)

whats with the hostility? My first post was a joke.. anyway, i know PL'ers periodize their workouts (westside for example) and to my knowledge most keep their reps in the 1-5 rep range primarily. Incorporating different rep schemes prove helpful for the bodybuilder, by hitting different types of muscle fibers..but type II A fibers are the powerlifter's main concern to generate speed and power. I have heard of only a few PL'ers who use higher reps in their routines, most cycle their weights or change exercises to avoid CNS burnout which doesn't necessarily require doing more reps  ;)
follow the arrows

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 07:48:55 PM »
Bullshit.  You're saying he did 200 reps with 405, all within a matter of 6 or so hours?  No matter how conditioned your legs are, NOBODY could handle that for ten sets of ten, without experiencing serious muscle fatigue afterward, such that you couldn't even dream of repeating it all a few hours later.

You don't have to believe it.  
It's not like I go around making claims on anything.  I've trained with a lot of very strong people.  

The guy I'm talking about is a good friend of mine since we were kids.  We grew up playing sports together.  We trained through high school and college together.  
No one was as dedicated to training and conditioning as he was.  
He's had a rough go.  He's had 3 major back surgeries, with the last one lasting 12 hours.  He has 4 disks fused now, I believe.

I really enjoy training, and enjoy pushing myself.  The only person I've trained with that I could never beat was him.  

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 07:53:40 PM »
Yet again you show your ignorance (as well as the fact you've never squatted 405...).  405x10x10 would be at LEAST 800.  It would of course take said person a few months to condition the CNS, the joints, muscles etc to take the overload and to work from "endurance" to raw strength for a 1RM...
no man, what are you talking about? 800?! that would put 405 at 50% of 1 rm... purely going by percentages it makes no sense that this would translate into an 800 squat. Practically speaking this may be the case for a pure powerlifter, but wicked trains higher reps for squats.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 08:03:37 PM »
panda?
follow the arrows

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 08:44:54 PM »
Bullshit.  You're saying he did 200 reps with 405, all within a matter of 6 or so hours?  No matter how conditioned your legs are, NOBODY could handle that for ten sets of ten, without experiencing serious muscle fatigue afterward, such that you couldn't even dream of repeating it all a few hours later.

I don't think I would argue with this guy about squatting  :-X

just not good enough

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »
whats with the hostility? My first post was a joke.. anyway, i know PL'ers periodize their workouts (westside for example) and to my knowledge most keep their reps in the 1-5 rep range primarily. Incorporating different rep schemes prove helpful for the bodybuilder, by hitting different types of muscle fibers..but type II A fibers are the powerlifter's main concern to generate speed and power. I have heard of only a few PL'ers who use higher reps in their routines, most cycle their weights or change exercises to avoid CNS burnout which doesn't necessarily require doing more reps  ;)

You're a 19 year old know it all, not unlike "candidizzle".  One of these days step out from behind the computer screen and prep for a meet.  Then maybe you'll see what I'm talking about. ;)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:51 PM »
You're a 19 year old know it all, not unlike "candidizzle".  One of these days step out from behind the computer screen and prep for a meet.  Then maybe you'll see what I'm talking about. ;)
Show me how I have acted like a know-it-all and I will gladly concede. Also, while you're at it show me how I'm wrong instead of resorting to petty insults, maybe consider acting older than a teenager yourself?  ;)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »
Also I hope you realise the irony in calling me a know-it-all and resorting to insults as a reply to my arguments at the same time  ;D
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »

Not being a huge squat freak myself ;D, I am not sure how difficult this actually is. But Trop is hardly the bullshitting type imo.
E

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
Also I hope you realise the irony in calling me a know-it-all and resorting to insults as a reply to my arguments at the same time  ;D

double post meltdown

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 09:10:31 PM »
double post meltdown
more like an induced meltdown if you would like to categorise it as such.. anyway, i'm still waiting for a proper answer. I'm hoping an older gentleman like yourself can teach us a little about character by acting as such.
follow the arrows

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 01:32:50 AM »
One word in his prime''PLATZ""

Many could do it with long enough time between sets but i bet Platz could do it with 90sec rest inbetween sets in his prime.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 02:01:24 AM »
 On the 405 for 10/10, yes, I think some of the www.Elitefts.com guys could do it, most of them have totaled Elite in powerlifting, so it's not impossible. Also, if the clip is available, perhaps someone could post it? That way we could see depth, if they were geared up, etc....

As for a random guy? I have to see it to believe it.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 02:22:56 AM »
ofcourse it is possible, and squad most likely did it..but with that said..where is the video?

I think you're confused, SteelePegasus.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 08:00:43 AM »
ofcourse it is possible, and squad most likely did it..but with that said..where is the video?
i didn't say i did it, it's a post i copied and pasted from the training board, a guy called "wickedtruth" said he did it.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »
On the 405 for 10/10, yes, I think some of the www.Elitefts.com guys could do it, most of them have totaled Elite in powerlifting, so it's not impossible. Also, if the clip is available, perhaps someone could post it? That way we could see depth, if they were geared up, etc....

As for a random guy? I have to see it to believe it.

Carefull, BB, according to "haider" a powerlifter only trains for low reps and couldn't come anywhere close to 10 sets of 10 for any weight. ::)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »
haha did you guys read what i actually wrote along with it and the other parts of my training log? You guys crack me the hell up. I did all these to parallel depth and no farther. I wanted to do the workout i saw some dude do on youtube. My squatting days are different from westside training because the right side of mylower back hurts when I walk out anything over 500lbs latey butnot when I deadlift. That entire squat workout ALONE..not including the deadlifts..took over an hour to do. That's alot of rest considering it takes about 30-45 seconds per set to do it.  With a belt and wraps squatting 405 for sets is easy! And tomorrow is max effort leg day but i think i'm going to pass...i'm still having trouble walking after all that.  :-\

AND YEAH THAT'S WHERE I SAW THAT WORKOUT! it was on the elite fitness youtube account! that dude puked all over the place! But he was going to the floor and didn't take near the time between sets I did. I just wanted to finish teh workout...just to see if i could. I think I averaged about 5 minutes rest between sets.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »
Carefull, BB, according to "haider" a powerlifter only trains for low reps and couldn't come anywhere close to 10 sets of 10 for any weight. ::)
meltdown :D Not really sure where the attitude comes from, but you're just being an arrogant prick cuz I stated an alternative opinion. Maybe your ego's too fragile and you think I'm here to question your authority on the subject. Still, I ignored the insults and tried to reason with you, but you continued with the insults...not that I was ever arguing with you in the first place :-\ Funny  that you would bring age into the argument when you're not acting very mature yourself.
follow the arrows

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »
meltdown :D Not really sure where the attitude comes from, but you're just being an arrogant prick cuz I stated an alternative opinion. Maybe your ego's too fragile and you think I'm here to question your authority on the subject. Still, I ignored the insults and tried to reason with you, but you continued with the insults...not that I was ever arguing with you in the first place :-\ Funny  that you would bring age into the argument when you're not acting very mature yourself.

::)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »
what do you think?

DE SQUAT DAY

11/4/07  leg day....and the sickest squatting I've done in awhile Again I saw someone do something so ridiculously sick on youtube that I had to try it. I saw a video of someone with elitefitness systems do 10 sets of 10 with 405 after warming up and had to give it a go. Now I know this isn't a westside style of squatting but until I figure out why my lowerback feels like someone is stabbing me on my spine with anything above 500 i'm just going to do whatever the fuck I feel like.  And today I surprised even myself.  Now before you guys call bullshit...this squat workout took me over an hour to too with ample rest to make sure I don't gas. I just wanted to complete it in no particular time frame but DAMN it was hard as hell those last two sets.

squats:
135x10x1
315x8x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1
405x10x1

platform speed deads off an 8" box:

135x10x1
225x5x1
315x5x1
405x1x1
405x1x1
405x1x1
405x1x1
405x1x1
405x1x1
405x1x1
405x1x1

these felt awesome..I had to really really squat down low to pull these  up.

seated alternate dumbbell curls:

30xwhatever to warm up
75x8x1
75x6x1 EASILY! NEW PR!!! workin with the 75's finally! I think all the heavier back work is benefitting fthe bi's...and i'm only doing them once a week on sundays for one exercise.

Yeah it is possible and one hell of a workout. I would have some reservations about the actual depth of them however.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
::)
:)

If you had a clear head about it you'd see that I don't really disagree with you. That's not something I can make you do, but can hope for. You have a nice day, try not to heckle the younger kids around here  ;)
follow the arrows

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »
:)

If you had a clear head about it you'd see that I don't really disagree with you. That's not something I can make you do, but can hope for. You have a nice day, try not to heckle the younger kids around here  ;)

bla bla bla

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »

this is correct. whether for speed or maximal effort, it's pretty rare any PL's go over 3-5 reps on a main lift. they'll hit a 1-3RM on heavy day and then do 8x2-3 for speed on another, but unless they're doing something specific like a deload week they're not often gonna aim for 10 reps to a set. exceptions might happen when it's an exhibition just to see, for example, how many reps they can get with X plates on something (Bolton pulling 800x8 or Wilk's 495x8 bench spring to mind)

however, i'm gonna spring a guess that 405x10x10 would be impossible for most mortals.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
this is correct. whether for speed or maximal effort, it's pretty rare any PL's go over 3-5 reps on a main lift. they'll hit a 1-3RM on heavy day and then do 8x2-3 for speed on another, but unless they're doing something specific like a deload week they're not often gonna aim for 10 reps to a set. exceptions might happen when it's an exhibition just to see, for example, how many reps they can get with X plates on something (Bolton pulling 800x8 or Wilk's 495x8 bench spring to mind)

however, i'm gonna spring a guess that 405x10x10 would be impossible for most mortals.
hahahahaha, exactly, don't forget the 8 singles with 405 deadlift standing on an 8 inch box immediately after that. ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »
hahahahaha, exactly, don't forget the 8 singles with 405 deadlift standing on an 8 inch box immediately after that. ;D

got 500 for 2 easy singles today after box squatting today too btw...give me a month...and i'll try to pull 600 on video off it too. I think that will be about as long as it'll take for my body to adapt to the movement.